Would you disarm to meet a celebrity

This is a discussion on Would you disarm to meet a celebrity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A celebrity is sponsoring a contest. He is a talk radio host who now has a tea company. The left absolutely hates him and I ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Would you disarm to meet a celebrity

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Would you disarm to meet a celebrity

A celebrity is sponsoring a contest. He is a talk radio host who now has a tea company. The left absolutely hates him and I am sure he has a security squad near him when he is out in public.

The grand prize is him and his wife would delivery a year's supply of tea to your house. He stated that he would show up at an agreed upon time and would stay for a visit if you invite him in...."after a security sweep". To me, this would be item one on my bucket list, a dream come true.

I am not sure what the security sweep would consist of, but I am sure some people would show up first and do whatever they need to do. Obviously if he came to my house, they would discover I have enough arms and ammunition to start a small war. Not sure what they would say, but say they asked you to disarm and/or remove some of the firearms/ammunition beforehand, would you do so?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Nope
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    ...after you invite him in
    I'd be more concerned about him having fangs and traveling with native Earth and a wooden box.

But, why not meet him in the hall? Does Rush Limbaugh do hallways?

Is this Rush Limbaugh we're talking about?

No, I'm not disarming in my own house for anybody. It's my home.
    Bark'n, jwhite75, Anubis and 19 others like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    A celebrity is sponsoring a contest.I am not sure what the security sweep would consist of, but I am sure some people would show up first and do whatever they need to do. Obviously if he came to my house, they would discover I have enough arms and ammunition to start a small war. Not sure what they would say, but say they asked you to disarm and/or remove some of the firearms/ammunition beforehand, would you do so?
    As long as they would pay for the forklift to move everything and place a guard on it, guess I'd be OK with it. Only problem is, I can't think of a "celebrity" I really want to meet.
    oneshot, RMS and jem102 like this.

Not for whoever this guy is.

I wouldn't let a conservative talk show host on my property.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Nope, I'm not disarming. First of all, MY house, MY rules. Secondly, believe it or not, he probably puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us.
    RMS, joker1, tbrenke and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

And I really don't think he's the kind of guy who is going to ask someone to remove their guns from their homes. He's a conservative, not a liberal.

A "security sweep" does not necessarily equate to being disarmed.

But getting back to what Buckeye .45 said, I'm not disarming in my own home. That would be a deal breaker if that requirement was imposed as part of the visit.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

What do you mean disarming your home? Take all your guns out and store them somewhere else?

I'd have them all locked up and out of sight. I don't know why there'd be a problem with that.

If I could meet some cool celebrities out in public, like a restaurant, and there was a security sweep, I wouldn't carry that day. It's not really that big of a deal.

Honestly, I'd probably do a lot to meet Jimmy Page. Rush Limbaugh on the other hand isn't worth it.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Nope, I don't care who it is. If they were coming to my house or my office, whatever, I am going to be armed. If they don't like it, I guess they can leave the tea on the porch or by the front door.
    tbrenke likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    bingo we have a winner!
    it's my home and nobody is going to tell me what can and cannot be in my home, if the celebrity is averse to someone who keeps guns in their home they can skip coming into my home

I Like Rush but I'm not disarming to meet him or accept delivery of his stupid tea.

Working in broadcasting as I do, i have met the following "celebrities":
    George W. Bush
    Karl Rove
    Mark Harmon*
    Steven Segal*
    Gary Busey*
    Al Pachino*
    Gene Hackman
    Dennis Hopper
    George Takei*
    Penn Gillette*
    Clint Smith*
    Jim Cirillo*
    Larry Pratt*
    Jay Cutler* (Mr. Olympia)
    Payton Manning*
    Buzz Aldrin*

The ones with an asterisk * denote that I was armed when I met them. I was not armed when I met George W. Bush and Karl Rove for obvious reasons, Bush was President at the time. I was not armed when I met Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper because I was 17 and an extra in the movie "Hoosiers". Other than that, I have been armed with all the others with either a concealed handgun or a defensive folding knife.

If I was meeting ANYONE in my house, regardless of their "celebrity" status, I would not disarm. It's my house. If the delicate "celebrity" doesn't like that, then they can stay away and keep their precious tea.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    No way, If the celeb is so worried about his security and me being armed as a possible danger then I probably don't need him over for a visit. Maybe we could work out a deal where he sponsor's a visit for a real celebrity in our Armed Forces to fly in from Iraq or Afghanistan and we could drink his tea, have a nice catered dinner at his expense and check out my firearms collection. Now that would be a celebrity get together I would enjoy.

Nope.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links