Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you kidding me? ON FORT HOOD? Have you had your head buried in the sand for a couple of years? If there is a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Are you kidding me? ON FORT HOOD? Have you had your head buried in the sand for a couple of years? If there is a military base in American where it would not be allowed, it is that one...
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

2. Remove Ads

No.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

You can't carry on any federal land that is not a national park, this includes military installations, post offices, federal offices, Corp of Engineer lands, etc.

VIP Member
    Every base I have been to is posted “No Concealed Weapons” at every gate. My duty position required myself and others on my crew to carry concealed, we were issued weapons at Command Post before going to the airplane and after landing weapons were turned into Command Post before going into crew rest.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I lived outside of Ft. Hood. You have to registrar the weapon on base, CC is not permitted. The weapon has to be secured until at the Sportsman's range or in the designed hunting areas on post. To registar your weapon, you have to to the Military Police Station with information on your weapon.

It is not allowed, and I think that particular post would be a bit jumpy if you tried it and was found out.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Are you kidding me? ON FORT HOOD? Have you had your head buried in the sand for a couple of years? If there is a military base in American where it would not be allowed, it is that one...
    I'm well aware of what happened at Fort Hood and thought that maybe the rules might allow CC since we're law abiding citizens. Maybe if people had been allowed to CC the attack wouldn't have taken place or would have been ended quickly. And from the answers so far, it doesn't seem so clear cut and each base may have it's own policy. I plan to call the base and ask them what the policy is.

In any case, I asked a simple question and appreciate the people who answered without sarcasm and rolling eyes.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    I'm well aware of what happened at Fort Hood and thought that maybe the rules might allow CC since we're law abiding citizens. Maybe if people had been allowed to CC the attack wouldn't have taken place or would have been ended quickly. And from the answers so far, it doesn't seem so clear cut and each base may have it's own policy. I plan to call the base and ask them what the policy is.

In any case, I asked a simple question and appreciate the people who answered without sarcasm and rolling eyes.
    Wrong each base does not have it's own policy they all fall under Federal Property so no carry.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    All of the above is correct, you cannot carry on a military installation unless you have a specific need by orders to do so.

I am curious though: does this mean no soldier living on base can own a gun? I think there are some means by which they can register the gun, and park it at the armory to be picked up if they want to go shooting or something. There must be some means, Hurlburt Field has a range and a gun club.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    All of the above is correct, you cannot carry on a military installation unless you have a specific need by orders to do so.

I am curious though: does this mean no soldier living on base can own a gun? I think there are some means by which they can register the gun, and park it at the armory to be picked up if they want to go shooting or something. There must be some means, Hurlburt Field has a range and a gun club.
    Correct weapons will be registered on post and you can keep them in the arms room or off post at the Rod and Gun club here in El Paso.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Hurlburt's Rifle and Pistol Club meets at a range that's right on base. Looks like a nice range.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Yes, soldier and family members living on post can possess firearms. Commanders memo, registar the weapon and remains in the unit arms room. They normally require the Cdr memo to release the weapon from the Unit Arms room. The Memo normaly states the time period the firearm will be signed out and sign back into the Arms room and of course the purpose. Now, I'm not 100% on if the Cdr was the authority to allow soldier and family member living On-Base housing to keep thier weapons at their residances of not. There are no provisions for Conceal Carry for normal Joe.
    Below is the The Fort Hood Policy letter on POF ( Privately Owned Firearms) Previously known as POW.

http://www.hood.army.mil/leaders/pol...orps/CG-02.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links