Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if a person can conceal carry on the base?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas

VIP Member

Concealed Carry at Fort Hood, Texas

Does anyone know if a person can conceal carry on the base?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Not unless it is different from all other U.S. military bases.

As far as I know (ex navy as of 2007) no weapons on any military installation.

Yeah,Till you get the M-4 welcome!

Distinguished Member
    There are specific exemptions for someone to carry a concealed pistol on a military installation. On Fort Bragg I know a few people who are able to carry weapons on base due to their specific job or mission that they do. I carry on post
    from time to time but I have a specifc purpose which is supported by a boat load of paperwork and arming orders. Now I can't just decide one day that I want to carry my personal weapon on base in or out of uniform as that would be a violation of military laws.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

VIP Member
    While it is up to the installation commander, I know of no military base that allows it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You can carry on (Navy)base if the authority allows..you have to declare at the gate...LEOs..NCIS, no problem...it goes case by case for civilians I think..for awhile one of the ladies at work was storing her CCW at the security office and picking it up afterwork, lasted to a change in command, she had issues at home and was carring, they accomadated her,(till the new command) You have no right to carry a concealed weapon on (Navy)Base...edged weap 4" max..dont declare and get found out...very bad for u

Probably aren't a whole lot of bad guys hanging out on Army bases. The few that are probably have "Muhhamed" in their name somewhere.

I carried on base while in the USAF 1965-1969, Base Police (Traffic, Gates, and Criminal Invest.), also while guarding loaded B-52's and KC-135's, and Crypto location. We had to turn them in when we got off duty!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Last time I was there (about a year ago) the answer was no.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

No. You are subject to search at the gate and sometimes the guard asks if you have a firearm. I have a friend who left his in the trunk of the car coming back from leave and they took it from him but he later out processed and he picked it back up from the arms room on the way out of the gate. He did not get in any trouble from the army but he felt they were pretty sensitive about there at Ft. Hood.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    All bases are govt. property and no CC firearms of any kind. It is not worth the risk of getting into trouble so leave them at home or don't enter there at all.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    When I was stationed at Yorktown Naval Weapons Station as a Navy Security Policeman standing watch at the gate, I even had to turn away a CC permit holder after he stated that he had a gun on his own person. I hated to do it out of base policy but I also felt if I can't CC on base in civilian attire, he shouldn't either as I don't like double standards.

No don't do it, I leave my weapon at home when I go to work everyday at Fort Bliss.

Nope. Thanks to Federal legislation "Slick Willie" signed in 1993.

Just imagine for a moment.....a draft dodger banning guns on a US military post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links