Wish more sheriffs felt like this

This is a discussion on Wish more sheriffs felt like this within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a community Octoberfest and our county sheriff was there. I was speaking with him and he asked what I did. I told ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Wish more sheriffs felt like this

Wish more sheriffs felt like this

I was at a community Octoberfest and our county sheriff was there. I was speaking with him and he asked what I did. I told him among other things I was a firearms instructor. He said that he was behind reaching his goal of 10,000 CHP holders and asked me to help him reach his goal.

It is well documented that he supports CC and makes it clear that he believes citizens owning guns is a big reason crime is declining. I hate to think about loosing him to term limits.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Maybe he could run for Governor!
    Hoganbeg, TVille, charski and 4 others like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Appoint him head of BATFE!

No, that probably won't happen in our lifetimes.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtsr View Post
    I hate to think about loosing him to term limits.
    He can still endorse a candidate who supports the same view of an armed citizenry. In fact it would be a considerable endorsement for him to stand up and say "Our crime is low and here's why" and talk about arming the locals, then he can go on to explain how the opposing candidate doesn't share the same view. Term limits might remove a good civil servant, but they don't necessarily spell the end of good civil service.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I'd vote for him!

It is good to have the local LEA support armed citizens. Its that way here too. In fact I was thinking about talking to the heads of our local agencies to hold some classes with permit holders on how to handle encounters with LEO...traffic stops,etc.and the aftermath of a lethal encounter. I think it would be very beneficial to everyone involved if each understood what the other would be thinking, expecting, etc. It would just open the dialogue and get everybody on the same page, and clear up some of the misunderstandings that are out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtsr View Post
    I was at a community Octoberfest and our county sheriff was there. I was speaking with him and he asked what I did. I told him among other things I was a firearms instructor. He said that he was behind reaching his goal of 10,000 CHP holders and asked me to help him reach his goal.

It is well documented that he supports CC and makes it clear that he believes citizens owning guns is a big reason crime is declining. I hate to think about loosing him to term limits.
    If you were actually in the county of Denver, I doubt that there is 10k residents that are pro gun in that respect (too many transplants, ignorant ones at that). Besides, I was under the impression that Denver County was one of the "not so shall issue" places. I'd rather they repeal their exception to the preemption law on OC.

On a side note, the local news just stated that violent crime is on the rise because of the "Punishment of the Denver Police Department"...more ignorance.

Glad to hear that you did find a LEO that was talkative and supportive.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Good for you/him.

We have been lucky in St. Clair Co. to have two sheriffs in a row pro firearms and CC.

Hopefully yours will move onto bigger and better things, as they often do around here [Metro Detroit area], as in the form of Co. Commisioner and such.

Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Good that you had a positive discussion with him. Bad that your loosing him to term limits. While term limits came about to clean house and get the dead weight out of office, it unfortunately takes the good ones with it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    This right here!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    The heck with that . . . President!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sticks,

Had my fill of Denver county. Now reside in Douglas county.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Links