Been carrying my blue gun - Page 2

Been carrying my blue gun

This is a discussion on Been carrying my blue gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I get it, and think it's a fine idea. Nobody's supposed to know your concealing anyway so who cares if it's not real?! It's not ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Been carrying my blue gun

I get it, and think it's a fine idea. Nobody's supposed to know your concealing anyway so who cares if it's not real?! It's not like he's going to be jerking it out hoping to fool somebody. Such vivid imaginations!

Hey if that's what you want to do then great go for it. I wouldn't do it personally because like a lot of people said I want something that is real when I go out in public. But if you want to do it then just do it, don't let other people discourage you.
    Erick46590 likes this.

"I did think about getting found out and LEOs wondering why I was carrying a blue gun and whether my CWFL covers that or not." {QUOTE}

The blue gun (non firing facsimile of a real gun) is not a firearm and is not considered a weapon under Florida law.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    All this crap of practice, practice, practice, and here is someone practicing and people have issue with it. Get real. OP continue to practice, when you get your real gun, I think the transfer should be smooth.
    The OP is not practicing, he's pretending.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    It's like this. When my daughter asked for a pony, us living in the city, I told her 'hunny, you can have a picture of a pony'. She was happy (she was 5).

----
    (It's yer dream make it big as you want.)

Don't worry bro. I carry my full size Glock on my hip with shorts and a T-shirt everywhere I go in Tampa. I've probably been made a few times but I really don't care. It's concealed.

How have you posted 433 times here and never carried before? Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Whatever. I'm done trying to justify myself to y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    "I did think about getting found out and LEOs wondering why I was carrying a blue gun and whether my CWFL covers that or not." {QUOTE}

The blue gun (non firing facsimile of a real gun) is not a firearm and is not considered a weapon under Florida law.

OS
    So it wouldn't be illegal to carry since it's not a weapon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vantramp View Post
    I do think the concerns listed by others are valid. I also think your purposes are reasonable if you are being careful and accept the fact that you may be putting yourself in slightly more risk by appearing armed with no ability to back it up. Hopefully you can replace the blue gun with a real one soon.

-Mike
    I am and I do. I treat it just as if it were a real gun (meaning I'm not like "it's a fake gun so who cares who sees it" I do my best to hide it just as I would a gun.)

There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Kind of like I do when I do dry fire exercises.

Good for you. As my permit is coming any day now, I often wear my CBST to get used to it and to form the leather to my body. It is a big adjustment and you are on the right track.

BigJon

VIP Member
    What I find odd is that the OP has a blue gun but not a real one. Aren't blue guns expensive? I don't know what they cost but aren't they over $100? Who has a blue gun other than some sort of school or agency?
    Last edited by atctimmy; September 26th, 2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Poor use of the shift key
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    What i find odd is that the OP has a blue gun but not a real one. Aren't blue guns expensive? I don't know what the cost but aren't they over $100? Who has a blue gun other than some sort of school or agency?
    My blue gun was only $50 bucks. I got it as a training tool + I'm going to spray paint it black and use it as a prop for a costume I plan on wearing to a local comic convention next year.

Sometimes you can't win for losing around here. More power to the OP if it makes him feel more comfortable. As far as getting made, I OC a good bit and don't seem to get made very often. Don't sweat it.

Not much different than some of the folks that carry empty for a while, or an empty chamber. Might as well be a blue gun.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    My blue gun was only $50 bucks. I got it as a training tool + I'm going to spray paint it black and use it as a prop for a costume I plan on wearing to a local comic convention next year.
    $50 is a good bit less than I thought. IIRC I looked at a blue Glock a few years ago to help train my wife and they were pretty pricey, well over $100.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    $42 here: Glock 21 Blue Training Gun by Ring's Blueguns

plus some for shipping I guess. A weighted version costs more. One could always use it for retention and disarm drills, although for the latter I prefer a real pistol (unloaded of course). Simunition would be ideal but is expensive; especially for this purpose.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links