Been carrying my blue gun - Page 4

Been carrying my blue gun

This is a discussion on Been carrying my blue gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmmm..... 439 posts & dose not own a real gun? This guy is not for real, but is hilarious! Wonder what other sites he is ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Been carrying my blue gun

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Hmmm..... 439 posts & dose not own a real gun?
    This guy is not for real, but is hilarious!
    Wonder what other sites he is puling peoples chains on?
    This is funny guy,wanna read more of his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    I have taken other classes, I only mention the guard course because it's the only one where I received a score based on marksmanship. If you are familiar with S2 I have taken all three of their defensive handgun classes and their defensive carbine class. I'm by no means an expert and I do intend to keep taking courses so I would love to hear which school you're speaking of.
    visit him, tell him I sent you
    Welcome to www.terryhallenterprises.com/

KoB
    LOL, I'm not ashamed to admit that I too have a blue gun that I use for training (drawing firearm). I like this method better, since it reduces my chances of having a ND (sometimes we as humans may think our weapons are empty, but that may not actually be the case!)

But I would NEVER walk around the masses with it holstered. But, that's just me!

Oh, I only paid $45 for my BLUE REPLICA of a HK P2000

PM, PHP KMB, I, 32*

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    visit him, tell him I sent you
    Welcome to www.terryhallenterprises.com/
    You're the second person to recommend him (or maybe it was you before, I had a thread a while back where I was asking for recommendations for schools.) Haven't gotten around to going over there yet cause I went down to S2 for my G course and was so impressed that I just kept searching for more classes to take.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    As I've said, I bought a blue gun to practice concealment and draw with. I've also been carrying it whenever I go out somewhere. I'm starting to get over the anxious feeling that there is a giant neon sign indicating that I have a gun (there's still a placard around my neck, lol.) Even wearing my NRA hat, no one seems to put 2 & 2 together. I'm planning on buying myself an actual handgun for Christmas. Just thought I would share.
    So what's the next step in the progression? A real gun but no bullets?

When I get a new carry gun or a new holster for an existing gun, I will typically carry without one in the pipe for a few days to convince myself that the system will work for me. Granted I am still carrying a functional firearm and can rack one in the chamber should the need arise, but as it sits in the holster, it might as well be make of pink plastic. Since I normally carry +1, I don't practice chambering a round on the draw stroke, so I would almost certainly screw that up under duress anyway. Recognising the issues associated with my "holster break-in" procedure, I still think it is worth a few days of "practice". If something goes wrong with the new equipment I would rather hear a click than a !BANG!.

I think the OP realizes that there might be some elevated risk associated with his actions, but it is probably miniscule. I'm sure he will retire the prop as soon as he can afford to do so. Until then, I think he is getting valuable experience in the issues associated with carrying a gun concealed. Of course carrying a blue gun is not exactly like carrying the real thing, but as long as he doesn't try to stop a robbery with it, I think the experience he is gaining is better than nothing.

Been thinking about the pros and cons y'all have given me on this. I am slightly concerned that I will reach for it if I end up in a situation as someone pointed out, but couldn't that happen without a weapon? And if the BG saw me I could still get shot.

To the people who were truly trying to help, Y'all have given me some stuff to think about. Thanks. That's why I love this forum. To those who simply insulted and tried to belittle me, you can all go to hell.

VIP Member
    One of the most uncertain, uncomfortable and self-conscious days of my life was the one on which I ventured out of the house concealed carry for the first time. The (now) wrong holster, a junk "custom" belt, a (now) less-than-suitable, less-than-comfortable carry pistol, and the inescapable feeling that everyone was watching it all bounce up and down under my three layers of concealment on that steamy July day made it all quite frightening. In hindsight, a few trial runs with a blue gun would probably not have been a bad idea.

I say its a great idea..

BTW, how do you like the Summer Comfort? Comfortable?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

VIP Member
    Oh, yeah, everything I was carrying has received high praise from members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    I say its a great idea..

BTW, how do you like the Summer Comfort? Comfortable?
    Yeah, it's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Oh, yeah, everything I was carrying has received high praise from members of this forum.
    I'm using a P228 replica with a Galco Summer comfort and a Galco gunbelt. So far it seems to work pretty well.

post a picture of your rig!
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

I see nothing wrong with this practice scenario. I remember when I first got my permit. I was 21 years old and that 15 years ago. I was scared to death something would go wrong. Maybe my gun would fall out while I was walking or bending over. Maybe it would print to much and somebody would freak out and call the cops and I might get arrested or something. I also had no idea how where to place the gun, had a $10 holster, etc. It would have probably done me good during the 6 months it took for the state to process my permit (they were taking a really long time back then, they are much faster now) to take that time to practice with something that would simulate the feel of the gun.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I have to make another comment dealing with this thread, and this is meant in no way to insult the OP. I hope his intentions are good.

You say that you have completed several different levels of firearm training (for the last 2 years) including a course
    with Simunitions that was with a school that trains Government counter-terrorist agents. You say that have read Ayoob and I take it from your interest in firearms other books and articles concerning deadly force and other related issues.
    You have trained and qualified for your ( AG) license and have a CWP for personal use.

After all of the above you make the following statements:

"Even wearing my NRA hat, no one seems to put 2 & 2 together." Are you looking for a hassle??

"I am slightly concerned that I will reach for it if I end up in a situation as someone pointed out, but couldn't that happen without a weapon? And if the BG saw me I could still get shot." Slightly Concerned????

Just sit back and read the entire thread... Ask yourself the following question, because you are in charge of your own actions and no one can make this decision for you. Do YOU think you are ready to handle the responsibility of owning a firearm?

Again not an insult but just a serious question.

bosco

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links