Been carrying my blue gun

This is a discussion on Been carrying my blue gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by boscobeans I have to make another comment dealing with this thread, and this is meant in no way to insult the OP. ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Been carrying my blue gun

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    I have to make another comment dealing with this thread, and this is meant in no way to insult the OP. I hope his intentions are good.

You say that you have completed several different levels of firearm training (for the last 2 years) including a course
    with Simunitions that was with a school that trains Government counter-terrorist agents. You say that have read Ayoob and I take it from your interest in firearms other books and articles concerning deadly force and other related issues.
    You have trained and qualified for your ( AG) license and have a CWP for personal use.

After all of the above you make the following statements:

"Even wearing my NRA hat, no one seems to put 2 & 2 together." Are you looking for a hassle??

"I am slightly concerned that I will reach for it if I end up in a situation as someone pointed out, but couldn't that happen without a weapon? And if the BG saw me I could still get shot." Slightly Concerned????

Just sit back and read the entire thread... Ask yourself the following question, because you are in charge of your own actions and no one can make this decision for you. Do YOU think you are ready to handle the responsibility of owning a firearm?

Again not an insult but just a serious question.

bosco
    #1 No I'm not. As I've said elsewhere on the forum, I pretty much always wear my NRA hat. I thought that if they saw the hat + the bulge of my gun, someone who might otherwise think "oh, it's a cell phone" might be convinced it was a gun (or in this case simply a replica of a firearm.)

#2 Slightly concerned as in only slightly concerned that it will happen. I don't think I'm at the point that without thinking about it I will pull my "gun" when something goes down. Once I start carrying for real I might do that if I ever left it at home for some reason.

I take the prospect of owning a gun very seriously, and I do believe I am ready. There is always room for improvement though.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    heaven forbid he get some practice. SWAT teams that train with blue guns are not training, they are just playing. Military units practicing with miles gear are not training, their just playing war. Heaven forbid the guy get some freaking training. sheesh, thats ridiculous. He can't afford a real gun, let him get used to the feel of it jabbing him in the side and the feel of holster on his belt. Sheesh people. lighten up
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    heaven forbid he get some practice. SWAT teams that train with blue guns are not training, they are just playing. Military units practicing with miles gear are not training, their just playing war. Heaven forbid the guy get some freaking training. sheesh, thats ridiculous. He can't afford a real gun, let him get used to the feel of it jabbing him in the side and the feel of holster on his belt. Sheesh people. lighten up
    Chris your comparisons are ridiculous. Support the op if you like but to compare what he is doing to what SWAT and the military do come on.
    SpencerB likes this.

Lots of unnecessarily harsh posts here, OP keep doing what you feel you need to in order to be comfortable and more prepared when you save up enough for the real deal.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Lots of unnecessarily harsh posts here, OP keep doing what you feel you need to in order to be comfortable and more prepared when you save up enough for the real deal.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    You are correct "lots of unnecessarily harsh posts". Like "go to hell" by the op.

Just because someone has a different opinion then the op on the subject their reply shouldn't be considered "harsh".

VIP Member
    "To the people who were truly trying to help, Y'all have given me some stuff to think about. Thanks. That's why I love this forum. To those who simply insulted and tried to belittle me, you can all go to hell. "

He used a bad word that's it I am telling.

As I stated before you do whatever you think is best for you but please don't post a topic like this and not expect to get pushed around a bit. You have 400 plus posts, you do not own a firearm, and you are carrying a training aide so you can get "used to the feel" of a real gun and you wonder why people see that as strange?

Don't get your cheerios all in a wad because someone posts that the above facts seem strange. If you get this upset on the internet I wonder how you react to things in real life? It's ok though I think I can safely say that I have you outgunned since my kids own not one but three nerf guns and a super soaker.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Look, when I said "go to hell" I wasn't talking to the people who simply disagreed with me I was talking to those who were attacking me personally and trying to humiliate me by comparing me to a troll that frequented this board and said I was only here to yank people's chains.

I have 400 posts because I like guns and I enjoy discussing them with people and learning more about self-defense from knowledgeable people so when I do start carrying I'll know what I'm doing. I was unemployed until just four months ago, and that is why I haven't gotten a gun yet.

To the OP I think You are doing great. Get used to carrying and knowing what it feels like is great. You won't be so worried about concealing so much and you will have a good idea what conceals best. Keep it up Best wishes. Dan

VIP Member
    Chris SWAT teams that train with blue guns do so to practice a specific techniques, like disarming, weapons retention and so on, then they put the TRAINING AIDES away and put on their actual weapons. As far as miles gear it is low tech FoF training with noise.

To the OP I understand why you are doing it just be careful in public brother. Whether it is blue, pink, digital camo or whatever color if you act like you are carrying a gun, make a movement like you are carrying a gun folks will consider you carrying a gun. Just be careful.
    boscobeans likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Oh how I wish I had the ability to press that little lock button and end this debate now. Oh well, I'm gonna go practice for duck season by training with my super nintendo.....
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. - George Washington
    Keeping it "on the square"

I don't get how it ever became a debate, he's carrying a blue gun to get used to the feel - big deal! He never once said anything about drawing it in public in a self defense situation. The crap some people come up with to be against something can be so off topic it's not even funny.

Good grief.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I agree "Thunder". I actually felt sorry for the kid. He said he couldn't afford a gun. I even offered him a part-time job at my business here in Tampa.
    Turns out he lives about 50 miles north of here, it's just not feasible for him to commute.
    I figure it's none of my business what he carries. If he wants to carry a brick in his pants, let him...it's no skin off my nose.
    Thunder71 and thephanatik like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Saw that, and thought it was very generous of you to extend the offer.

thumbsup.jpg

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Thanks, it just seemed like the right thing to do. I didn't have a full time slot available, but I could have given him 20-25 hours a week at $10.00 an hour, I figured at least he could earn enough to buy a gun to protect himself.
    When things are going well for us, it's easy to forget that ANYONE can come up on hard times.
    The way the economy is anymore, I think 30 days without a paycheck would put most folks/families on the street.
    If we can't help each other out, especially when it doesn't cost us anything...than what good are we?
    Just my $.02 cent opinion.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links