Been carrying my blue gun

This is a discussion on Been carrying my blue gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am posting this for one reason. I have kids older than the OP and do not want to see any young man get hurt ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Been carrying my blue gun

I am posting this for one reason.

I have kids older than the OP and do not want to see any young man get hurt or killed doing something stupid. That goes for drinking and driving or getting plugged carrying a BLUE GUN.. Oh it's blue,,SO WHAT ???? Did you ever see a Duracoat? They come in Blue and every other darned color including pretty bright pink....

If I catch a glimpse of a blue gun in a holster being worn in walmart by an adult and not a five-year old with a cowboy hat I think "GUN".

IT IS JUST A BAD IDEA... Break in a holster and get used to feeling something on your belt at home with anything you want including a brick. But if you're going anywhere in public (especially with a "bulge" or an "NRA" hat as the OP stated) the odds, no matter how slim that something screwy happens ( sadly something screwy when it comes to firearms can mean deadlly ) aren't worth betting against.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I don't get how it ever became a debate, he's carrying a blue gun to get used to the feel - big deal! He never once said anything about drawing it in public in a self defense situation. The crap some people come up with to be against something can be so off topic it's not even funny.

Good grief.
    "Been thinking about the pros and cons y'all have given me on this. I am slightly concerned that I will reach for it if I end up in a situation as someone pointed out,"

Followed with: "but couldn't that happen without a weapon? And if the BG saw me I could still get shot."

After reading this young man's comments over a three year span of time I have observed the following:

He has shown interest in armed as well as other forms of self defense and has asked and commented on just about everything else including:

Handguns
    Shotguns
    Rifles
    Blue guns
    Smoke grenades
    Flash bangs
    Simunitions
    Auto knives
    Pen knives
    Non-lethal defensive tools
    Full automatic firearms
    And on and on...

He has discussed choices for employment from:
    Army
    Coast Guard
    (No Marines--- I remember the OOORAAH comment)
    Security guard, armed and unarmed
    Armored car transport
    Local police departments...
    Even "going to Japan to take the Senshusei course."

Nothing wrong with all the curiosity, many of us have little or no knowledge on some of those things, and they can be interesting topics to discuss, and I was till making choices about my future when I was in my early twenties.

Wouldn't some of the money he's spent on all the specialized training, blue gun, holster, black powder firearm and all the other stuff that goes along with re-enacting, been better used in the purchase of a quality used firearm. If I was strapped for cash and wanted a handgun I'd greet shoppers or push carts at Walmart for a few hours a week and buy one. Wouldn't some of his questions be better asked of his instructors, since they seem to teach our own military. Did they think this was a good idea.

The board is an open door, in and out. Many of the posters have responded with negativity while others say that practicing for the real thing with a BLUE gun is fine. After all, SWAT does it, the military does it..... YES, they do, but in a closed environment. (analogous to practicing with a BLUE gun AT HOME.)

I think that for anyone to give a blanket approval of this whole BLUE gun thing is foolish. There could be serious consequences should anything go wrong, and I would hate to have not at least pointed out some of the dangers of doing what he is doing..

ENOUGH from me.... I know you can drag a horse to water but you can't make him drink, but come on and at least see if he'll take a taste of what's being offered by a lot of sensible and experienced guys.

TO QUOTE TACMA605 "To the OP I understand why you are doing it just be careful in public brother. Whether it is blue, pink, digital camo or whatever color if you act like you are carrying a gun, make a movement like you are carrying a gun folks will consider you carrying a gun. Just be careful."

bosco

2. Remove Ads

I am slightly concerned that I will reach for it if I end up in a situation as someone pointed out,"
    Didn't see that line, if that's the case I'll admit a wrong and retract that portion of my post.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    You make some good points "Bosco", you really do. I have not followed the OP's posts, so I won't comment on those.

"Been thinking about the pros and cons y'all have given me on this. I am slightly concerned that I will reach for it if I end up in a situation as someone pointed out,"
    That remark is just plain stupid...I don't care who you are.

Wouldn't some of the money he's spent on all the specialized training, blue gun, holster, black powder firearm and all the other stuff that goes along with re-enacting, been better used in the purchase of a quality used firearm. If I was strapped for cash and wanted a handgun I'd greet shoppers or push carts at Walmart for a few hours a week and buy one. Wouldn't some of his questions be better asked of his instructors, since they seem to teach our own military. Did they think this was a good idea.
    ...and that was my thoughts exactly, I know work is scarce, but there are always jobs at fast food joints, it may not be what you want or what you like, but it's cash. I could swallow my pride and ask alot of people "you want fries and an apple pie with that" a whole lot better than I could walk around UNARMED, but thats just me.

I really assumed from his posts he was just carrying it around, I can't imagine someone pulling a "toy" gun.

I feel like I did my best to help the kid out. My conscience is clear.
    I just didn't care for some of the comments that were made to him, (not by you) considering his initial statement that he had been unemployed for several months and just couldn't afford a gun.
    Like I said in my earlier post, anyone can come up on hard times. Life is tough, and it's not getting any easier
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey guys, been gone on vacation with my parents. First, I'm not as bad off as it seems some got the impression. I'm living with my parents and my Dad has a good job. I've been applying for jobs for the last four years and only just got hired. It's pretty dry out there. Even McDonald's and the like never called me back. However, I think the fact I applied online might have something to do with that. Maybe I should start going in in person.

I did the reenacting thing for awhile, but I'm putting that on the back burner because I didn't realize how expensive it was. I did it for about a year and I was using borrowed gear from my Regiment (they keep extras for newbies until they can buy their own stuff.)

I make enough. I didn't mean to complain. In the grand scheme I'm doing pretty well, I just won't be moving out anytime soon. I also help with my share of the expenses (groceries and the like) I just don't have a lot of disposable income for extra things.

I decided to go ahead and get trained, because I could afford the classes and I would rather know how to use a gun and not have one then not know how to use one and have one. I also used it to beef up my resume for applying for security positions. Even though my current job is unarmed, I think that played a part in me getting hired cause the guy that interviewed me said that he was giving me a chance even though they didn't really have a position for me cause he could tell I was serious about this line of work (I told him I planned to get some college under my belt and then eventually enroll in the police academy.)

Oh, and thanks again for the offer to help me out Stubborn.

Oh and I think I am going to cool it with the carrying the blue gun. I just really wanted to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    post a picture of your rig!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links