Ideal carry physique? - Page 5

Ideal carry physique?

This is a discussion on Ideal carry physique? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Depends on the method of carry. I personally carry appendix. Either a Glock 23 with a surefire x300, a m&p40 full size or Glock 21 ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Ideal carry physique?

Depends on the method of carry. I personally carry appendix. Either a Glock 23 with a surefire x300, a m&p40 full size or Glock 21 either blade tech or dale fricke holsters.
    I larger chest /shoulders than waist would help but I can do so in my slender form.
    I am 6 foot or 6'1" at 150 155 lbs. it also helps for me to wear my cell phone in a belt clip on the side my piece is on. ( it allows the shirt to blouse a little so I do not have to weAr oversized shirts) Also a good belt helps a bunch.

I play the grayman roll. Works well no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Bottom line is you need to be in shape. Your tactical shooting experience and paper punching skills is only a part of the battle. You need to have good cardio to handle the extreme stress, fast movement, adrenaline, and other factors that will be involved in a fight. You also need to have good strength in the case a struggle ensues where you have to disarm and or block and hold a weapon hand all while engaging your weapon. If you are 20+ lbs overweight and are running around for your life, you may not get off the x fast enough, you may slow down, you may fall, you may even have circulation and or heart issues......

You should keep your body in shape with as much attentiveness you give to your self defense tools. Your body is your most important tool.
    This....I'm very conscious of the fact that my current physical condition (6'0", 450lbs) places me at HUGE (no pun intended) tactical disadvantage. While I can conceal my Glock 22 with ease, if I'm forced into a situation where running or finding cover is required, then I'm likely SOL. Fortunately, I'm still youngish, mobile and am working on shedding the weight.

5' 8" and 225 lbs. 52" chest and 33" waist. Years of competitive powerlifting and competitive bodybuilding have resulted in a physique that makes concealing most handguns no problem at all. The downside is that I get noticed when I enter a room, not that I'm complaining since I've spent most of my life making sure I'm not overlooked....

For me concealing a weapon is less of a challenge than finding nice clothes that don't fit me like a tent.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links