Proud of my wife!

This is a discussion on Proud of my wife! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To set the stage, my wife and I dropped the landline at home and operate with two mobile phones. Today, I ran an errand to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud of my wife!

Proud of my wife!

To set the stage, my wife and I dropped the landline at home and operate with two mobile phones. Today, I ran an errand to the wireless store to replace batteries in our two phones. So, she was left without a phone in the home.

She does carry, and always has her S&W 642 handy. As I went out the door, I mentioned aloud that she may not feel secure being at home without a phone...her response, "Given a choice, I'd rather have my gun than my phone."

Doesn't that sum it up when it comes to personal safety?!

2. Remove Ads

Those are the most beautiful words I have ever heard!

Hard to find a woman who takes her personal safety as serious as she should these days. Seems to me they alway think about it but never act on it.

Good catch man.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

damn, where do I find one like that.

Distinguished Member
    "Given a choice, I'd rather have my gun than my phone."
    right on! thats a great saying!
    RKBA

John

Like I always say...

... a hard woman is good to find.
    Congrats!

Jimmy, sleep with one eye open....
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by threeonebravo
    damn, where do I find one like that.
    Sorry, there are only two, and JimmyC and I each have one.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Assistant Administrator
    Let us have more ladies with this approach - they know what matters.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    This may sound a little strange, but hear me out. I think that often women don't take their personal safety as seriously as we think they should because they don't know how important they are to us. Maybe we sometimes ought to approach them from the point of telling them that the reason we would like for them to be more interested in protecting themselves is because we aren't always there and they are important to us. They sometimes don't realize that they are important to us for themselves not just for what they do. This is not their fault. It's ours. We get caught up in what's going on and forget to just communicate that they are important beyond cooking, cleaning, and the other things they do.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

My wife is a survivor of domestic violence...mental, physical, and sexual. She needs no more encouragement!!!!

Yep, she was afraid of weps when we started dating...but then, she was afraid that she'd get hit if I bumped my drinking glass over. Now...

Now...I "pity the fool" (thank you, B.A. Baracus) that tries anything with her. Yep...I've taught her some hand-to-hand techniques, but the mind set is something I couldn't teach her. Her SA isn't as good as it should be, but when it does come on, her radar lights up everything. She says she'll defend herself to the death to avoid repeating any of the aforementioned experiences. I believe her...'cuz she now knows that there is no such thing as a soft-target that's off limits. Trust me...

Oh...Doc...good point. I remember having to do my mom's chores for two weeks 'cuz I didn't appreciate all that she did for us...according to my father. While it's not directly related to defensive strategy and tactics, it does go to self-esteem.

That's another thing I've learned from my wife and her previous experiences... A person with low feelings of self-worth is either a soft target or bomb waiting to explode...or both. Now that she's back to caring about herself (the journey is not complete), she knows that she has something good for which to fight.

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    This may sound a little strange, but hear me out. I think that often women don't take their personal safety as seriously as we think they should because they don't know how important they are to us. Maybe we sometimes ought to approach them from the point of telling them that the reason we would like for them to be more interested in protecting themselves is because we aren't always there and they are important to us. They sometimes don't realize that they are important to us for themselves not just for what they do. This is not their fault. It's ours. We get caught up in what's going on and forget to just communicate that they are important beyond cooking, cleaning, and the other things they do.
    True... but where did you find one that cooks and cleans... i think mine is broken! J/k
    Its true explaining this would help. It took me 2 years to get my wife to shoot at the range with me. Now I know she can handle herself.

JimmyC - That is awesome! You should be proud and keep up the communication... meaning "Hun its me... YOUR HUSBAND walking in the FRONT DOOR... donít shoot... Friends...I didnít leave my laundry on the floor that was someone else... I LOVE YOU!... I have presents... gifts... jewelry"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p8riot
    Sorry, there are only two, and JimmyC and I each have one.

....nope, I married another one here in Texas
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky9
    True... but where did you find one that cooks and cleans... i think mine is broken! J/k
    Its true explaining this would help. It took me 2 years to get my wife to shoot at the range with me. Now I know she can handle herself.
    My wife is a fabulous cook, but I do all the vacuuming. That's because I'm better at it. I once made a living selling the vacuum I use, so I can make it do it's job well. She washes clothes and we share dishes. We both work so only an idiot would come in and expect her to do everything around the house.

Cooking and cleaning was just the first things that hit my mind. I really do think that often wives feel that they are mothers, sexual partners, and glorified maids. If we have any sense we will let them know that they are so much more. That helps them to realize that we consider them to irreplacable. If we value them this much maybe they will learn to value themselves. If they value themselves they can see why we want them to learn to protect themselves.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

There are more than you might think. My spouse has a Lady Smith as her constant companion. We live in a rural area and it is better than most city areas but you do not want to aggravate either of those two Ladys. Being retired we share all of the household duties except three hours each day of soap operas. I just can not handle that yet. But I do look forward to Jeopardy at 3:30 pm.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Hell, I'd rather have my carry gun than a damned phone for personal protection anytime.

Lady with some comon sense, if you ask me.

Good for her, good for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links