Permit in wallet?

This is a discussion on Permit in wallet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cammo girl I carry it in my wallet, which goes into my purse or backpack. About once a year, I lay down ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Permit in wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I carry it in my wallet, which goes into my purse or backpack.

About once a year, I lay down all my cards onto a copy machine and make about two pages of all the stuff I have in there, including account numbers. I do a front side, then a back side, as the back side has all the "if lost call this number" kind of stuff. I keep these sheets with me when I travel as well, and I have a copy at home. I figure this will also help me remember what was in the wallet, if it becomes gone.

cg
    Downside is if somebody steals the copies they now have your account numbers and the 3 digit number on the back,if you don't notice for a couple days you could have maxed out cards,I would mark out the 3 digit code
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I keep the permit in my wallet separate from my drivers license. I keep my money in a money clip in my left front pocket. If somebody wants my money, I toss them the clip. If I think I can take them, while their eyes are following the money, I'll pull the gun that rides above my right hip.

There are a lot of variables in that situation. I may just let the person take the money and run. It just depends.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

If he's reading what's in my wallet, he's mine.
    oakchas, oneshot and ncsteveh like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    If he's reading what's in my wallet, he's mine.
    Without a doubt.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I love this clip. Watch...... Wallet........ GUN!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcVD...e_gdata_player
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

LOL !!! God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by rm3482 View Post
    I love this clip. Watch...... Wallet........ GUN!!!!!

Denny Crane gets robbed - YouTube

GREAT THREAD! Can we make this a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Downside is if somebody steals the copies they now have your account numbers and the 3 digit number on the back,if you don't notice for a couple days you could have maxed out cards,I would mark out the 3 digit code
    I don't know about YOUR cards, but my credit card has been hacked at least three times in the last four years. I always check my statements carefully. When I find a fraudulent charge, I simply call my credit card company, they remove the unauthorized charges, and I'm FedEx'ed a new card within 24 hours to my home or hotel.

No worries. I use my card everywhere. If it's hacked, it's a no-sweat swap-out.

I don't care. They can buy a Mercedes or a fur coat. As long as I didn't authorize or sign the receipt, it's my credit card issuer's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I don't know about YOUR cards, but my credit card has been hacked at least three times in the last four years. I always check my statements carefully. When I find a fraudulent charge, I simply call my credit card company, they remove the unauthorized charges, and I'm FedEx'ed a new card within 24 hours to my home or hotel.

No worries. I use my card everywhere. If it's hacked, it's a no-sweat swap-out.

I don't care. They can buy a Mercedes or a fur coat. As long as I didn't authorize or sign the receipt, it's my credit card issuer's problem.
    My card company sends me a text every day about 1:00 PM giving me the balance on the card. Makes it easier to tell if something is going on that shouldn't be.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Some folks use a through away wallet with a few bucks and some dummy cards in it. When the demand arrives they handover this and are only out a few dollars.
    Count me as one of those. When we go to the city anyway. I have a cheap nylon wallet that has $14, some expired cards and an old DL (with an entirely different address) in it.

And I have never heard of an armed robber taking the time to root through a wallet they just got from someone in an armed robbery.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Just hand over your wallet, Denny Crane style. I keep mine in the wallet right behind my DL, front pocket. It's just easier for me that way.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    My card company sends me a text every day about 1:00 PM giving me the balance on the card. Makes it easier to tell if something is going on that shouldn't be.
    Sounds like a good system. However, to me, it still doesn't matter. I could care less if you hack my number and start buying top-dollar merchandise. I am not liable for your purchases. I simply need to check my monthly statement, and call the card issuer if I see any unauthorized charges. The card number is then immediately disabled, and I can expect my new one to be delivered the next business day.

Quote Originally Posted by macg19 View Post
    I carry my permit in my wallet next to my DL. It just occurred to me that if a BG demanded my wallet and I chose to comply, if he took the time to check out it's contents before running (say he had me at gunpoint), the permit might cause an escalation or ruin the surprise if I chose to draw.

I have never been robbed, so maybe they all just grab and run and it's mute point (except that now I have to get a new DL and CWP).

So, CWP/DL in wallet or pocket?
    if you were to be in that situation wouldn't you seize the moment he took his attention from you to inspect your wallet to draw and take out the threat? I certainly would be looking for a chance to gain an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    About once a year, I lay down all my cards onto a copy machine and make about two pages of all the stuff I have in there, including account numbers. I do a front side, then a back side, as the back side has all the "if lost call this number" kind of stuff. I keep these sheets with me when I travel as well, and I have a copy at home. I figure this will also help me remember what was in the wallet, if it becomes gone.
    If you do this on a home scanner, you're fine. If you do it on an office copy machine, you're putting yourself at significant risk of identity theft. Copy machines these days scan the document and keep an image stored on the internal hard disk. All it takes is an unethical service tech to dump the HD and go fishing among all those images, and don't think it hasn't happened. Stick with pen and paper!
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If you do this on a home scanner, you're fine. If you do it on an office copy machine, you're putting yourself at significant risk of identity theft. Copy machines these days scan the document and keep an image stored on the internal hard disk. All it takes is an unethical service tech to dump the HD and go fishing among all those images, and don't think it hasn't happened. Stick with pen and paper!
    Link?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links