Permit in wallet? - Page 3

Permit in wallet?

This is a discussion on Permit in wallet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; - It's in my wallet. As for a BG asking for my wallet, my wallet is right here...on my strong side. Let me get that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Permit in wallet?

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    It's in my wallet.

As for a BG asking for my wallet, my wallet is right here...on my strong side. Let me get that for you.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    It's in my wallet.

As for a BG asking for my wallet, my wallet is right here...on my strong side. Let me get that for you.
    Exactly

Distinguished Member
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Good stories, and certainly a potential vulnerability. I didn't see in either article an example of this being exploited except by a guy who sells software to erase the drives, however. Not saying your point isn't valid....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Link?

Here is one that I had, don't know if its the same info as the other links provided.

Copy Machines, a Security Risk? - YouTube

Scary and needless technology.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Four "if"s and a "might" are a bit beyond my range of speculation. I see lots of other folks are having fun with it, tho.

As far as where my permit is, I've got a slim, double-sided credit card wallet (I can't stand bulky wallets in my pockets, especially if I'm wearing a suit). My credit/debit cards are staggered on one side, and my DL, auto insurance card, and CC permit are on the other side, one behind the other in that order. If I ever get pulled over, all three are right there and get handed over to the LEO. And if just need to pull my DL at the store or something, I can do so without leaving my CC permit exposed because I've still got the auto insurance card in front of it. Hasn't caused me a problem yet.

As for the holdup situation being discussed, in my mind the idea is to take my wallet out and lob it to the BG. While his eyes and hands are focused on catching his bounty it buys me a couple clean seconds to draw and get my rounds off. I imagine this would be safer for me than turning it into a Western quick-draw style duel while his eyes are focused on my person.

Think Sugar Ray's bolo punch against Duran (at the 1:00 mark): Ray Sugar Leonard humiliates Roberto Duran - YouTube

I'm an old guy and tired of all the dirtbag stuff going on all around us.
    My first inclination is to be sure to strengthen the SA, and stay away from 'iffy' situations, if possible.
    That said, I don't need no stinkin' trick wallet. If you catch me off guard and get my wallet, good for you. If you get my wallet, and shoot me, you win...that's life!
    If I shoot your arse (several times) good for me. You'll be one less dirtbag in the world, and I will go home that night and enjoy my wife, a sandwich, a cold beer with some hot tub time, and a movie...that's life, too!
    I'm going to stay armed, trust no one, stay in yellow when out in public, and avoid obvious places and times that may spell trouble. My head is always on a swivel.
    I think that I have the correct mindset for survival in this complicated world..."It is what it is, I do what I do, and let the pieces fall where they may."
    tcon67, Gforty, Mike1956 and 2 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm an old guy and tired of all the dirtbag stuff going on all around us.
    My first inclination is to be sure to strengthen the SA, and stay away from 'iffy' situations, if possible.
    That said, I don't need no stinkin' trick wallet. If you catch me off guard and get my wallet, good for you. If you get my wallet, and shoot me, you win...that's life!
    If I shoot your arse (several times) good for me. You'll be one less dirtbag in the world, and I will go home that night and enjoy my wife, a sandwich, a cold beer with some hot tub time, and a movie...that's life, too!
    I'm going to stay armed, trust no one, stay in yellow when out in public, and avoid obvious places and times that may spell trouble. My head is always on a swivel.
    I think that I have the correct mindset for survival in this complicated world..."It is what it is, I do what I do, and let the pieces fall where they may."
    That , I would say ,sums it up very well !!

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I like to keep my permit in a different part of my wallet then my DL. There is no need to expose a CCW unnecessarily when I'm ID'd by a retail clerk or TSA security at an airport. I remember a thread awhile back regarding a women in line behind a guy who exposed his CCW when ID'd and she freaked out and yelling "This man has a gun!".
    I keep my CHL right behind my DL, but with the backside facing out. Unless you're real familiar with CHL's, the card's backside will NOT raise any red flags.

I would hope they would take time for a closer look at the contents of my wallet thus giving me the advantage and a opportunity to draw and fire on them. But i think most crooks like to grab and run..Later on he may find your ccw id and maybe count his blessings he survived. But here its the law to present your ccw id when asked by an LEO so in the wallet it stays..

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I agree with gasmitty. There are too many thread authors who are overthinking an awful lot of things. Yes it is good to be prepared, but if I took a great many of the suggestions or concerns to heart, it would be hours before I ever got out of my house, if that. It is nice to be prepared but you have to live your life everyday without being totally paranoid about every little thing that you can dream up. I am sure that many of these threads are the result of fertile minds and they are helpful to read and take into account but it does get to the point that you need a checklist before you walk out the door. Preparation is important but yada yada yada.
    Majorlk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I agree with gasmitty. There are too many thread authors who are overthinking an awful lot of things. Yes it is good to be prepared, but if I took a great many of the suggestions or concerns to heart, it would be hours before I ever got out of my house, if that. It is nice to be prepared but you have to live your life everyday without being totally paranoid about every little thing that you can dream up. I am sure that many of these threads are the result of fertile minds and they are helpful to read and take into account but it does get to the point that you need a checklist before you walk out the door. Preparation is important but yada yada yada.
    Yup, I agree completely. I've never seen a non-SWAT LEO carry as much stuff as some of the soda-fountain (only us old-timers will know the phrase) cowboys on this forum profess to carry. THREE gun? Really? Fertile minds and a flair for creative writing seem to abound. :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Carry two things: a vicious jab followed by a quick draw.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    And a fertile mind is a terrible thing to waste.
    Majorlk likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links