Lunch Today In Ohio Restaurant

This is a discussion on Lunch Today In Ohio Restaurant within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from lunch at a Don Pablos where I was able to carry for the first time. The new law takes effect ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JDE101
  • 1 Post By JDE101

Thread: Lunch Today In Ohio Restaurant

Cool Lunch Today In Ohio Restaurant

I just got back from lunch at a Don Pablos where I was able to carry for the first time. The new law takes effect today, and for the first time I was able to go to a restaurant that serves alcohol and NOT have to lock my firearm in my vehicle before entering. I drank my normal diet coke with my meal (I quit drinking alcohol many years ago) and observed the other patrons. Contrary to the fears of the liberal anti-gun media, I saw no one getting drunk and threatening the waitresses, no one pulled a gun, and no one got shot. I was there for an hour and a half, and the streets did not begin to run red with blood. I don't know if any other patrons were carrying, but if they were, they did a good job of concealing and of acting responsibly. And I bet there aren't any gunfights by legally licensed concealed carriers the rest of the day either.
    pistola likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

Congrats!!! Did you CC or OC?

I alway CC unless I'm at the range. Although it is legal to OC in Ohio, it tends to draw unwanted scrutiny in urban areas. I'd rather be the "grey man". I like the tactical advantage.
    Mr B likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    What??!! Your gun didn't jump out of your holster and shoot the place to pieces??!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Did you wear hip boots in case the streets were running with blood?
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    I had breakfast this morning at the Shovel Lounge, one of my favorite eateries where my late father spent lots of mornings. I thanked the owner on the way out for not replacing the old bar-room gun signs.

Happy Day! That is a long lunch, slackign at work huh. Ohio has come a long way in the right dirrection. I wonder what TGI Friday's revinew will do since I hear they are keeping their silly signs up.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

To the OP..... WELL SAID!!!
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

To Justified, it was a long lunch because I'm retired and no longer have to worry about how long I take for lunch. And as an update, I haven't heard of any "blood baths" happening anywhere in Ohio and it has been over 24 hours since the law went into effect! Gee, imagine that!!! The flaming liberals were wrong once again.

It does really tee me off that the local "news" talking heads last night were discussing the new law and asking the question, "Is the guy sitting next to you in the bar 'packing heat'?" To me, using terms like "packing heat" is an insult. I don't imagine they would like it if someone referred to them as "jacking their jaws" or "flapping their lips"! Just like the idiot cartoonist Mike Peters depicts gun owners as drunken, beer-bellied red-necks! I really resent that gun owners are disrespected by most of the media! (End of rant)

Links