Do you have a specific gun for running/sports activities?

This is a discussion on Do you have a specific gun for running/sports activities? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone carries a different handgun while doing sports activities such as running? I purchased a small .380 to take along on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you have a specific gun for running/sports activities?

I was wondering if anyone carries a different handgun while doing sports activities such as running? I purchased a small .380 to take along on my runs in the dark, early morning hours. My usual carry was a bit too bulky and heavy. It was bugging me so I opted ffor small and light. I usually didn't carry during my runs, but after a young man was killed as a random target in a gang initiation only a block away from my run route, I started to carry during my runs and bike rides. I am now carrying a Taurus TCP in a Pistol Wear PT-2 sports holster.

What other rigs and handguns are people using?

I actually plan on starting to run outdoors. Something I haven't done in a couple years, I usually use the bike or treadmill indoors. But when I do start i'll bring something light like my LCR or CM9. I must say though, if someone was killed a block away from where i would be running from a random gang initiation, I would stay clear from that area. But then you can't live your life in fear......can you?

You definitely can't live in fear. The same place I run is where I work. I run after work when I use the gym. Fortunately they caught the guy who killed the young man. And the route I take is right by the police department so I feel relatively safe. I just hoppe nobody gets too brazen to go that close the the PD.

Glad to hear they caught that savage. Be safe

J frame for me.... It's my go everywhere choice.
    ccwguy likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Hey, Adam, For short bike rides (10-15 miles) I go with my normal edc set-up-Glock 19 in a Brommeland Max-Con V on a Wilderness Instructor belt. I have found nothing more comfortable. For longer bike rides and runs, I switch out the Glock for a Kahr PM9, also in a Brommeland on a Wilderness Instructor. At the 3:00 position, they are both undetectable under a T-shirt even while on the drops of a Trek roadbike.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I usually run without a gun although I do carry OC. But sometimes, I will run with a weighted vest (Urban Strider) that allows me to fit any of my carry pistols (H&K USP .40 S&W or S&W Model 457 .45 ACP).

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Ruger LCR, speed strip with six spare rounds, cell phone, license, permit, and Spyderco Delica in a small-ish fanny pack while running outdoors.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I have bad knees from injuries sustained while in the Navy so I get my exercise in by using an elliptical machine indoors or riding my bicycle. On the bike I will usually carry my Kahr CW9 in a Fobus holster. I Forget the model of the holster. The CW9 conceals very well with a slightly oversize shirt, no problem there. Plus it is light enough that even on 30 to 50 miles rides (I know I'm crazy when it come to this kind of thing) the gun never gets uncomfortable at all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I can't run due to disabilities,but if I was I would select something light and concealable,P3At or Sig 238 or PF9 something in those size/weight classes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have come to find I can use my normal set up for any physical activities. My order of dress: undergarments (usually a synthetic t-shirt and compression type shorts). Then, I put on my regular gun belt with my regular holster and normal EDC...Glock 23. Then I put my gym shorts on over that with the gun butt outside the waist band and draw string tied. Then a decent over sized t-shirt. Ever thing stays in place just fine and no compromise on draw/accessibility.

Would love to, if finances allowed.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

My sport is bicycling and I carry a J-frame in a fanny pack with a bult in holster. ID, keys & phone are also in it.

I opted for the Pistol Wear PT-2 holster because I can still conceal under a relatively tight-fitting cycling jersey. My cycling clothes limit what I can carry as well and still keep it hidden.

Cant carry a Glock 32 when cycling, so I drop my P3AT in one of the pockets on my cycle shirt and my wallet with CHL and iPhone in a caddy on the handlebars

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links