Another Idiot With Road Rage

This is a discussion on Another Idiot With Road Rage within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin According to who? You? You don't know me. I'm plenty level headed, and I adhere to the laws of the land, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 89 of 89
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Another Idiot With Road Rage

  1. #76
    Member Array rably's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    According to who? You? You don't know me. I'm plenty level headed, and I adhere to the laws of the land, but because I don't yield to aggression displayed, or put forth by others you say I'm "self centered" wow! Play Dr. Phil on someone else, because I'm sure you're not qualified to make that assumption. By your statement, I can only surmise that you missed my point behind my post.
    I would ask that you sit back and take an unbiased look at what you said, and maybe you can see how it comes across as being self-centered.

    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    If I'm in the far left lane, and the speed limit is 65 MPH, and I'm doing my usual of 75 to 80 MPH and you ride up on my but and expect me to move outa your way... Good luck! You might find yourself in the ditch, or the wall. My tax dollars helped pay for that road and I'll travel in what ever lane I want and as long as I want. "Courtesy" my butt.
    No, I don't know you, so all I have to go by is what you say on this forum. The laws of the land (400 in Atlanta in this case) say that 75-80 is speeding , so apparently you do not adhere to all of the laws of the land - only the ones that don't inconvenience you. The fact that you're preventing someone from driving their speed doesn't seem to bother you, and you justify that attitude by saying that they're being reckless by driving faster than you. 75-80 isn't reckless, but 80-85 is reckless and aggressive...to borrow your quote, "according to who?" Maybe you were being sarcastic, but according to your statement, it's OK for you to assault someone and possibly kill them by running them off the road because they want to drive faster than you. Why not just draw on them and shoot them? That attitude certainly seems pretty self-centered. Ever heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right"? Here's another well-known quote for you "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

    As I and others have said - it's common courtesy to move out of the left lane (when it is safe) if someone behind you wants to go faster than you. However, I get the feeling that nothing anyone says is going to change your mind. My son drives 400 every day, and I hope with all of my heart that he never has the misfortune to encounter you.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #77
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    6,984
    Hey dude.... You do 55 if you want, but save your condescending overtones to yourself.... I keep up with traffic and maybe a smidgin above it that's all. And that's right, YOU DON'T know me, and message post can be misconstrued and taken outa context, so spare me the "sit back and think on it part".

    As to the wall portion.... My God man, ever heard of tongue and cheek.....Oh' and if your son is an idiot, I hope he never encounters me either, because I don't suffer fools.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #78
    VIP Member
    Array ksholder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    If I'm in the far left lane, and the speed limit is 65 MPH, and I'm doing my usual of 75 to 80 MPH … I adhere to the laws of the land…
    No, you don’t.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

    "When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

    You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

  5. #79
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    No, you don’t.
    Yes. Yes I do...

    And you don't speed right? You stay right on the posted speed limit? You never do anything that could be considered wrong. There's only one that had that honer and we all know who I'm talking about, so save it there kettle.....This pot's not buying it...

    For the record. ten to fifteen miles over the posted limit usually won't even draw a troopers attention, it's the super speeders that they look for, sorta like the one's mentioned in this thread that want folks like myself to "move outa there way cause I'm coming down the road". That a few of you "perfect" little angles are so offended by.. Funny how some find a little foothold and try to work it some huge big deal.


    OP, sorry for the pee pee match I seemed to have caused in your thread... I actually responded in this thread due to all the armchair wannabes trying to blame you for some other idiots actions. I knew I'd draw some ire for some, and that's fine, different bites for different likes right. Besides, I say what's on my mind, not what I think will necessarily be the most popular post. I'll refrain from any further post as it'll only be inflammatory, and quite honestly, not worth it IMO.

    Stay safe
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #80
    Senior Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    716
    I didnt go through the entire thread but in my opinion you caused the incident. Did it give him the right to go off...NO but you stated you gave him a signal to go around you so that tells me there was no traffic impeding you from moving to the right. If you are going slower MOVE RIGHT when it is safe to do so. It is common courtesy and would have prevented the whole incident. Just because you have a right to be in the "fast lane" doesnt mean it is the right thing to do. Common courtesy on the roadways goes a long way in everyone getting along. You did the wrong thing...so did he but in my opinion, you instigated it. It would have been different if you said that it would have been unsafe to merge right when he was pulling his little temper tantrum.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

  7. #81
    Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    COLORADO AMERICAN
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I am not sure if you missed the point or just saw an opportunity to climb on the the already overused "keep the govt out of my govt" box . Of course this isn't something you can regulate or legislate. Pulling large trailers and driving large trucks are two of those things that until you personally have done it and know what is involved that you won't have an appreciation and understanding for those who are. Without said understanding, there is a lack of an awareness of just how dangerous your actions can be. Furthermore, increased understanding would also help with RR driving because some may actually realize the moving and sight limitations associated with driving over sized loads and realize that the driver isn't being an a-hole.

    I try to stay off soap boxes and appologize for jacking this thread. I just don't think more training and regulations are the answer for everything. I also agree there are people that are pulling rigs that have had not enough sleep and to many drugs that have no business driving period. They do have to have their CDL (Commercial Drivers License) and a test is required. I'm not a truck driver and have huge issues with some of their driving methods. But I don't see how further regulations will help anything.

    Back on topic road rage happens to most everyone at some point in time in their life its a pain to deal with. I try to be as polite as possible as I'm not in that big of hurry to go anywhere and try to get over to the right and let the speeders go on by I admit at times I do hope a hi po is over the hill to stop some of these NASCAR wannabe drivers.

  8. #82
    Member Array Doubledown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    301
    Ok, I have to add just one more perspective. First incident, I am traveling home from work and moving very quickly in the left lane. I am going 15-20 mph faster than the other cars and someone, maybe someone here, sees me coming and pulls into the left lane specifically to block my progress. He speeds up each time I try to pass on the right until he gets to two large trucks blocking the two right lanes and then sits there at 50 MPH which is 5 under the posted limit but as fast as these trucks are traveling. He proceeds to make nice gestures even though I have not done anything but try to pass him, no swearing or gestures or horn or flashing lights nothing. He just knows that he is doing the right thing by making sure I can't speed. What he does not know is that I am trying to get to the hospital where my wife is having an emergency C-Section to save my unborn son and all I want is to get to the hospital. He never will know why I was in a hurry and it is not any of his business but what gives anyone the right to make that decision. Call the police and report me. My son was delivered successfully but had to spend some time in the NICU for a collapsed lung and other issues, today he is 16 and perfectly healthy.

    Incident 2. I am now into my new career and literally racing down the interstate at 100+ mph at 3 A.M.. I live in a very rural area and at night there is little traffic except truck drivers. After passing a few trucks I see two pull side by side and I see brake lights. I slow and find them now going 50 in a 65. I flash lights and honk a few times and they slow even more. I try to pass on the hard shoulder but the driver swerves at me forcing me back. Next thing a third truck pulls up behind me and is now antagonizing me from behind. I called the troopers and in the 15 minutes it took them to get there we were down to 20 mph with me boxed by three semi's. I have been on the phone with dispatch because I am beginning to fear for my safety. 4 troopers roll up and we all stop. The truck drivers are all proud of themselves fro slowing me down. I talk to the lead trooper and explain that I am on my way to the hospital as I am on call and there is someone on the operating table dying from a trauma and I was called to try to save his life. Long story short I got a police escort the rest of the way and the truck drivers were arrested for numerous violations and some extras found in their cabs during the search. Unfortunately the patient did not make it, and I do not believe it would have made a difference in this case.

    Lesson to all. Do you KNOW why that person behind you is racing down the road? Is his/her parent injured or having a heart attack in the back seat and you can't see them? Are they on the phone to the hospital or whomever to inform them of the situation? Is that inconsiderate speeder a surgeon on his way to save the life of one of your friends or family that is laying dying and you are preventing their caregivers ability to get there in time? Not all people that NEED to break the speed limit are given lights and sirens (but i keep hoping), are you comfortable enough with your own righteousness to make this decision because after all you paid your taxes so you can drive where ever you want as fast as you want.
    rably, msgt/ret and ep1953 like this.

  9. #83
    Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arapahoe County CO
    Posts
    1,795
    An interesting thread.

    My state does have a statute regarding highways with 2+ lanes and a posted limit of 65 or more (we have a lot of 75 mph roads too). If a driver is in the left lane and not passing, regardless of how fast anyone is going, he is violating. I have seen drivers stopped and probably cited for this. So if you visit Colorado, you might want to keep this in mind.

    To me, when speaking of vehicles going 65+ on interstate highways, considerations of road rage are irrelevant. The laws of physics indicate it is bad news to be involved in a collision at such speeds. No matter what lane I'm in, what mood I'm in, or how fast I'm going on a highway, if I see a large metal object coming towards my vehicle I am going to move out of its way. That is defending my life far more efficiently than resorting to firearms.
    9MMare likes this.

  10. #84
    Member Array Kahnkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    158
    When I am cruising in the left lane I keep pace with the other cars, if someone wants to do more than 10 over and get a ticket I move over and let them find the speed traps. I wouldn't have acted as the guy behind you but I sure would be muttering about you not yielding to the faster traffic.
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

  11. #85
    Member Array BubbaShide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fort Payne, Alabama
    Posts
    40
    I was going more than the speed limit and in the left lane but i was also coming up the mountain and just at the top is the tattoo shop i was headed to so i was over there also because i was preparing for a left hand turn. Still don't make me in the right though, i could have done things differently.
    Firearms - A passion you can really enjoy, and if ya keep your head up outta your butt you can enjoy it for many years to come - Will (Red Jacket Firearms)

  12. #86
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaShide View Post
    I was going more than the speed limit and in the left lane but i was also coming up the mountain and just at the top is the tattoo shop i was headed to so i was over there also because i was preparing for a left hand turn. Still don't make me in the right though, i could have done things differently.
    Bubba, there's no excuse for road rage...ultimately, the other guy was wrong. You came here and asked, and got some answers. Those answers can be even more important if you are carrying a gun (even if you dont use it). Good for you.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  13. #87
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,247
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaShide View Post
    I was going more than the speed limit and in the left lane but i was also coming up the mountain and just at the top is the tattoo shop i was headed to so i was over there also because i was preparing for a left hand turn. Still don't make me in the right though, i could have done things differently.
    With that.. this thread is going to take "the long sleep."

    The OP has learned from this thread which is the whole reason we have this forum in the first place. He has indicated SEVERAL times that he could have/should have done things differently and doesn't need to hear the same thing over and over again.

    Lesson learned... let's move on (and let him move on).

  14. #88
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,661
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    (and let him move on).
    ... in the right lane.
    JD, 9MMare and JoJoGunn like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  15. #89
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,247
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ... in the right lane.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

al laws regarding driving in left ane on 4 lane road
,
alabama laws of road rage
,

best 22 pistol

,
california keep right law or laws
,

concealed carry

,

craigslist dothan al

,

defensive carry

,
idiots moving into seattle
,
keep right law in alabama
,
quote bad things happen when good men do nothing
,
red jacket firearms fallout
,
red jacket mossberg 930
,

who owns red jacket firearms

,
who really owns red jacket
,
who really owns red jacket firearms
Click on a term to search for related topics.