Telling On Himself - Page 2

Telling On Himself

This is a discussion on Telling On Himself within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jfnixon Does the prohibition ever expire? Or is it once you've been told, you are forever barred? And is there another bank ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Telling On Himself

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfnixon View Post
    Does the prohibition ever expire? Or is it once you've been told, you are forever barred?

And is there another bank nearby? He could slowly transition his business to a new bank and keep quiet!
    I'm not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but as I understand it, carrying in a non-legislated prohibited area in Ohio does not even become a misdemeanor until one's firearm has been witnessed, and the individual has been instructed to leave. A refusal to leave results in a criminal trespass. Yes, he has two more banks in the immediate area.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT View Post
    My 2 cents: Perhaps a person with this lack of self-confidence in carrying a firearm should not be carrying one to begin with. Perhaps this is lack of training, lack of true mindset to carry and the related responsibility and possible consequences? Could it be this is a way for him to justify not carrying after the fact, since he has not been carrying since licensed per the original post? An easy out in his mind?

~SGT
    I suspect you nailed it straight on. I will be surprised if he actually does start carrying regularly.
    SGT likes this.

Administrator
    Why is it that some idiots are never satisfied until they make an enemy out of thenselves?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Why is it that some idiots are never satisfied until they make an enemy out of thenselves?
    Not only that, they make enemies for the rest of us amongst the non-carrying public. This guy, for example, made a big deal out of showing everyone he knows his CHL after he got it. He is widely regarded as a bit of a goof, and is now the only example of a CHL holder many people have.

Now the question is...Is he going to throw you under the bus by telling the bank [or your employer], "But Mike1956 carries in here all the time! Why can't I?"
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Now the question is...Is he going to throw you under the bus by telling the bank [or your employer], "But Mike1956 carries in here all the time! Why can't I?"
    We bank at different branches and I am self-employed, but if there was a bus to be found, I'm sure I would have already been under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Very true. Sadly for him, it is the one right across the street from his business, which he walks to each day with the daily proceeds.
    The guys alleged/demonstrated ineptitude notwithstanding, if I'm a business owner depositing the proceeds of my labour into this bank on a daily basis and they have problems with me carrying when I do so, I change banks, and I do it abruptly and with vigor.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I agree, if I am walking across the street with a bag of money, people (usually the wrong kind) will notice that it happens every day at X hour. I am switching banks and shutting my damn mouth.

VIP Member
    While I agree he should have kept his mouth shut, we are not all born with CC savvy. Some of us have to learn from our mistakes and pray that none of them are catastrophic. I commend the person in question for seeking knowledge from a more experienced person (OP).

As for asking permission from anyone? It is the world we live in. We are now expected to ask permission do to ANYTHING. I am not talking about common courtesy, but, rather, that they actually believe they NEED someone else's permission before they can do anything. It seems to me that is what this fellow was doing.

I don't know....

I'll just scratch my head and move along now.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    The guys alleged/demonstrated ineptitude notwithstanding, if I'm a business owner depositing the proceeds of my labour into this bank on a daily basis and they have problems with me carrying when I do so, I change banks, and I do it abruptly and with vigor.
    AMEN...and I tell them why I am switching banks. If my gun is not welcome here, neither is my money/business.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    This is absolutely no disrespect to your friend by why do so many feel they need some kind of permission all the time when legally licensed to carry!?!
    I was going to 'Like' this, but I agree much more strongly than that...and have posted so in the past.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links