Telling On Himself

This is a discussion on Telling On Himself within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A guy I know looked me up the other day to ask me for some input regarding his concealed carry set-up. He has been licensed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Telling On Himself

VIP Member

Telling On Himself

A guy I know looked me up the other day to ask me for some input regarding his concealed carry set-up. He has been licensed for awhile, but till now has never carried. I ran a few options by him and during the course of the conversation, we got on the CPZ signs around town topic. I told him I only knew of three or four places which posted them, and that they were easily avoided. He seemed a bit perplexed that I didn't mention the bank where we both do business. I know for a fact that none the branches are posted, and told him so. I carry every time I go in. Nope, no signs, he replied, but he mentioned to the manager that he was going to start carrying (concealed) soon and wanted to make sure it was OK. The manager told him no, it was not OK, and not to carry in the bank. A verbal prohibition carries the weight of law on private property in Ohio, so he is probably the only customer of the bank who is legally prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm on the premises.

2. Remove Ads

What a maroon!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Don't ask, don't tell.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This is absolutely no disrespect to your friend by why do so many feel they need some kind of permission all the time when legally licensed to carry!?!

"Always carry...Never tell..."
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Once again, Don't ask - don't tell.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    This is absolutely no disrespect to your friend by why do so many feel they need some kind of permission all the time when legally licensed to carry!?!

"Always carry...Never tell..."
    If I was worried about disrespecting this acquaintance, I would never have started this thread.

VIP Member
    Well he could always use another branch. Since the bank branches aren't posted technically it is only the one branch (where he opened his big mouth) he's prohibited in.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Homer Simpson had a saying for these types of mishaps....Doh!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Your friend is the kind of guy who was always asking questions at the END of class in school thus making his mates stay that much longer....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Smooth move ex-lax

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Well he could always use another branch. Since the bank branches aren't posted technically it is only the one branch (where he opened his big mouth) he's prohibited in.
    Very true. Sadly for him, it is the one right across the street from his business, which he walks to each day with the daily proceeds.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Your friend is the kind of guy who was always asking questions at the END of class in school thus making his mates stay that much longer....
    Seriously - this was the kid that asked if there was going to be a homework assignment as you're walking out of class.

Some folk just can't leave well enough alone.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Does the prohibition ever expire? Or is it once you've been told, you are forever barred?

And is there another bank nearby? He could slowly transition his business to a new bank and keep quiet!

SGT
    My 2 cents: Perhaps a person with this lack of self-confidence in carrying a firearm should not be carrying one to begin with. Perhaps this is lack of training, lack of true mindset to carry and the related responsibility and possible consequences? Could it be this is a way for him to justify not carrying after the fact, since he has not been carrying since licensed per the original post? An easy out in his mind?

~SGT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links