bank carry?

This is a discussion on bank carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BlueLion Bank carry will get you a fed charge as far as I know. I would suggest not doing until you can ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bank carry?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Bank carry will get you a fed charge as far as I know. I would suggest not doing until you can get a clear understanding of whats what. Far as I am concerned a bank is federal property because they have a specific interest there...The dough...definitely check it out.
    A Bank is NOT federal property...

Unless a State regulation in your state exists, OR is posted 30.06, banks are OK for CCW.
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

2. Remove Ads

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I would not enter a bank without my piece. One bank that I go to doesn't have the right sign for excluding CHLs, so I carry right on in without problem. But then again it's concealed.

Jungle Work

All the time hear in Texas.

My understanding in NC is that it is illegal to carry concealed in a financial institution. Open carry would be OK I guess. I haven't tried either way just yet.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    Bank carry will get you a fed charge as far as I know. I would suggest not doing until you can get a clear understanding of whats what. Far as I am concerned a bank is federal property because they have a specific interest there...The dough...definitely check it out.
    This is wrong!

A Bank is NOT federal property...
    This is correct!

Unless a State regulation in your state exists, OR is posted 30.06, banks are OK for CCW.
    This is also correct!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Bank carry is state law controlled. In Minnesota it is not an issue at all.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have never thought twice about carrying in a bank... the only way anyone will know is if I need to use the gun, then they'll be glad I had it!

Manwell

I had a BAD experience with bank carry once.

I frequent the branch of my bank in the town I live in and I try to use the same teller each time, nice guy and all, sometimes we bulls!it a little.

Anyway I sometimes use the branch near where I work (I commute 35 miles one way). A while ago I lost my Drivers License and did not get it replaced for about 2 weeks (busy, procrastination, take your pick). So I used my LTCF as ID. It is a state issued license. I used it 3 or 4 times at the local branch with not even a question. At the branch near work I tried to use it, and at first they would not accept it. After explaining that it was a State issued ID and giving them the ID card from my part time security job they accepted it.

Back at my local branch I again used my LTCF as ID. no questions. I asked the guy why I was told I couldn't use it at the other branch but he had no problem with it.

His response panic'd me greatly. He said "I know you, plus, that ID means you are carrying a gun" The lady next to him heard him say that and trying not to let on that she did, turned her head slightly. I said "No, no, no, no" Hastily "I don't want anyone to think that you are doing anything you wouldn't do because of what that says (trying not to be specific for those that didn't hear)" He said "well no, it was a joke, it's just because I know you"

I could have slapped him. He then asked me about carrying concealed. He didn't even know you could without somesort of LE job.

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I had a BAD experience with bank carry once.
    <SNIP> A while ago I lost my Drivers License and did not get it replaced for about 2 weeks (busy, procrastination, take your pick). So I used my LTCF as ID. <SNIP>
    Probably not a good idea. You might as well just "print" your weapon. Having the license is to use when you had to use your weapon. Not cashing a check.
    IMHO

RJ
    Sometimes there's Justice
    Sometimes there's Just Us

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I don't do business with "banks" any more, only credit unions! My credit union is both Federally and State INSURED. Owned by us "shareholders", but severely regulated by Fed and State.

At any rate, I have some explaining to do to the nice lady who is now the branch manager here as soon as we can have a 1 on 1. She's now been subjected to a couple of gun and gun club conversations (between me and one of the staff from HQ who is a competitive shooter and hunter) in her presence, but no explanation of what we are really about.

The president of the credit union is also a shooter and hunter and someone I've known for probably 20 years or more. One day he was in the lobby as I entered and he proceeded to ask me about the archery range at another club . . . the patrons in this lib-tard community probably think we are all wackos.

One of the credit union BOD members is a personal friend and our DA and he knows (in writing, since I asked him a bunch of "what if" questions after said branch was robbed 2 hours before I went there) that I CCW in the credit union. Nobody is likely to ask me and nobody cares . . . they know which side of the law I am on. Many of the staff know who I am, I'm never asked for ID . . . I think it's happened once or twice in 32 years, by new tellers.

The Ohio Banking Assn. put out an encylical directing all members to post their banks as no-carry zones, or as they are more correctly known, "Criminal Protection Zones." (Attention Criminals: everyone within has been legally disarmed for your convenience. Enjoy!) As a result very, very few banks hereabouts lack the CPZ signs. Federal law does cover designated areas; here in the Buckeye State of Legal Contradictions, (where the Ohio legislature redefined "concealed" as meaning "in plain view" -- see the thread on carrying in a motor vehicle in this state) -- banks determine whether to allow carry or not, and the Federales don't seem to enter into the equation.

My Credit Union here in Texas has a no handguns sticker on the door but it is not the right way to display to keep people from legally carrying. Although they have what appears to be a Metal Detector right inside the door. Haven't been brave enough to chance it until reading this thread was unsure about it being legal to carry in a bank anyway
    Kimber S/S tle pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    The Ohio Banking Assn. put out an encylical directing all members to post their banks as no-carry zones, or as they are more correctly known, "Criminal Protection Zones." (Attention Criminals: everyone within has been legally disarmed for your convenience. Enjoy!) As a result very, very few banks hereabouts lack the CPZ signs. Federal law does cover designated areas; here in the Buckeye State of Legal Contradictions, (where the Ohio legislature redefined "concealed" as meaning "in plain view" -- see the thread on carrying in a motor vehicle in this state) -- banks determine whether to allow carry or not, and the Federales don't seem to enter into the equation.
    80% of the banks I see in Cuyahoga County are NOT posted. While Fifth Third and First Merit do post, other major chains like National City, Bank One, Charter and many other do not.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    AMAX

Which CU is it I will go if it is close enough!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links