Security searches

This is a discussion on Security searches within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the Monday Night Football game this week. Of course, no carry at sporting events per statutes. On the way in we were ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Security searches

Security searches

I went to the Monday Night Football game this week. Of course, no carry at sporting events per statutes. On the way in we were "searched". The manner of the search was a joke. Arms out, the temp agency "guard" used the back of his hand, up into the arm pits, down the underside of the arms. He then ran the edge of his hand down along my waist at 3 and 9 o'clock, then used the edge of his hand on my legs inside and out from my knee down. OK, I understand why they do it but...

I could have stashed anything and gotten through. My small of back was untouched, my groin area was ignored, the fronts and backs of my legs were untouched. They didn't even have me remove my hat (I though that was SOP anymore). I literally could have taken in a 12 gauge shotgun in the front of my clothes.

So my point is, the searches are a joke. They don't ensure anyone's safety. And why do we allow our rights to be eroded when we receive no actual security benefit back from those encroachments? IMO we delude ourselves into imagining because 120 temp guards are conducting BS searches, then we're "safe". That should be a crime.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    But it "LOOKS" like something is being done. When dealing with the masses, appearances are just as important (if not more so) as actually DOING what is necessary. If anyone thinks that a minimum wage security guard is going to stop the next 9/11, they are crazy. However, that same minimun wage security guard gives the masses the "feeling" that they are safe just by his being there. Hence, the company or elected official that implimented said security is seen as "DOING SOMETHING" to keep us all safe.
    BkCo1, Gforty, RMS and 2 others like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I went to the Rays game that night and commented to my buddy after we walked through 'security', that we could have carried anything in there. We were not searched, patted down or anything .... just walked right through the security 'gate' at the Trop because we weren't carrying a purse or a bag of any sort. We were not searched at all.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    It's just a warm fuzzy for the masses. Just like the idea that 911 will save them when the SHTF.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

When I go to the Trop, they ask me to open my purse so they can see inside. (thats all i'm going to say)
    bigmacque likes this.

Just like TSA at the airports is Security Theater.

Entertaining, but mostly useless. Unless you count the boost to jobs numbers.
    229fornow and SIGguy229 like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    It's not about security...It's about making the "muppets" feel warm and fuzzy. I think "RoadRunner" nailed it, it's all about appearances.
    packinnova and SIGguy229 like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I ain't being searched by some minimum wage moron just to get in a stadium with an over priced ticket where I am over charged for everything so I can watch a bunch of over paid, over indulged, sexual perverts and criminals play a children's game.
    noway2, msgt/ret, BkCo1 and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I ain't being searched by some minimum wage moron just to get in a stadium with an over priced ticket where I am over charged for everything so I can watch a bunch of over paid, over indulged, sexual perverts and criminals play a children's game.
    You have been to a Oakland Raider game I assume? lol
    bigmacque, dbw8906 and Bark'n like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    You have been to a Oakland Raider game I assume? lol
    Now that was funny.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

They don't give a flying crap about your personal safety, the are just looking for excuses to you keep from bring in your own alcohol.
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I went to the Monday Night Football game this week. Of course, no carry at sporting events per statutes. On the way in we were "searched". The manner of the search was a joke. Arms out, the temp agency "guard" used the back of his hand, up into the arm pits, down the underside of the arms. He then ran the edge of his hand down along my waist at 3 and 9 o'clock, then used the edge of his hand on my legs inside and out from my knee down. OK, I understand why they do it but...

I could have stashed anything and gotten through. My small of back was untouched, my groin area was ignored, the fronts and backs of my legs were untouched. They didn't even have me remove my hat (I though that was SOP anymore). I literally could have taken in a 12 gauge shotgun in the front of my clothes.

So my point is, the searches are a joke. They don't ensure anyone's safety. And why do we allow our rights to be eroded when we receive no actual security benefit back from those encroachments? IMO we delude ourselves into imagining because 120 temp guards are conducting BS searches, then we're "safe". That should be a crime.
    Sounds like a poor search. But, I saw Ground Zero shortly after 9/11 when it was still a working site: i.e., bodies being searched for. And a relative was in it - (but got out thank God). It's fine with me security checks are run at public events, airports, border-crossing. It's not a violation of your rights, you are free not to go to these places; drive, take the train instead of flying... Borders in Democracies - including ours - always have security.

Can't have it both ways. 9/11 happened once on 9/11. Security helped to make it - so far and hopefully always - a one-time horrible event. If you want no security checks: then you have to accept the consequences - which we will likely get. Personally I'd rather have the pain of the security on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Sounds like a poor search. But, I saw Ground Zero shortly after 9/11 when it was still a working site: i.e., bodies being searched for. And a relative was in it - (but got out thank God). It's fine with me security checks are run at public events, airports, border-crossing. It's not a violation of your rights, you are free not to go to these places; drive, take the train instead of flying... Borders in Democracies - including ours - always have security.

Can't have it both ways. 9/11 happened once on 9/11. Security helped to make it - so far and hopefully always - a one-time horrible event. If you want no security checks: then you have to accept the consequences - which we will likely get. Personally I'd rather have the pain of the security on occasion.
    Sounds like you are TSA's target audience.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." B.Franklin, Feb 17, 1775

Security disarms me, not the BGs...I obey the law, BGs (by nature) break the law...I'm responsible for my safety, police/LEOs (much less, corporate security) are not required to protect me and my family (see Warren vs District of Columbia, 1981).
    Harryball, Stubborn and JDE101 like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Would you rather have TSA conduct the searches as you enter a sporting event? I would think the absurdity of having to be searched would be more offensive than the manner in which it was conducted.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

No carry at sporting events?
    I have not been to a ball game since high school (about 25 years) and certainly wouldn't go if it involved being disarmed going through parking lots, parking structures, ect...
    I have been to a major amusement park (past couple years in a row) where they do the bag checks, but no pat downs, no wands; I do not want that to change, masses had the feeling of security and so did I ;-)
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links