You CCw, Don't you?

This is a discussion on You CCw, Don't you? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 My wife has been known to 'out' me if it comes up in conversation. 'Not much I can do but remind ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: You CCw, Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    My wife has been known to 'out' me if it comes up in conversation.

'Not much I can do but remind her again, but for the awkward moment, I just shrug it off and keep the conversation going in another direction.
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1177195320894&id=9db088a9780620aa323e3640becee648&url=http%u00253a%2f%2fi271.ph.jpg

But seriously...You need to have a serious talk with her.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by db4usa View Post
    I can not count the times that I have been asked this. From casual aquaintances to close friends, they all assume that I do. It's a personal decision and I really don't like to have it broadcasted. It elludes me why this is assumed about me. I'm careful about printing, flashing, etc. I have asked why they assume this and normally the response is something like...I just thought that you would. I am a positive type of person who doesn't mind sharing an opinion occasionally. Perhaps my assertive attitude lends an air of confidence? Does anybody else experience this? Are we being casually profiled? Maybe these people are looking for security in social settings? Who knows?

db
    Nope! No one in my circle has a clue. Most all of my friends are of the liberal type. I care not to engage in a debate with them. I treat my decision as a personnel choice like I treat allot of other personnel matters in my life. DC is the only place that knows..... and is my only outlet concerning this particular subject :)

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    The last thing i want to hear is "You've got a gun, do something!" I have cautioned my wife and the very few who know against blabbing. I hosted a BBQ here last weekend. I'm showing some guys my shop and tractors and one old friends says "your wife said you should show me your new toy" I had no idea what he was talking about as this was his first time this way in years, and most of it is new toys to him. Later in private he blurts out he just got his CCW. He had no idea I had my LCP in my pocket, apparently he told my wife he had his CCW amd she was referring to my newest pistol without spilling the beans. We got into a discussion about my opinion of concealed also meaning covert and other similar topics.
    Over the last 6 months US Forestry prohibited shooting at my most casual places, so I am using the same range most around here do. Surprising how many of my friends turn up there. It's about a mile and a half from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Peoples mouths will take you were your feet dont go. The less that know the better.
    Absolutely correct, No one knows I carry except my close friend(45 years) and my father, other than that I have told or informed no one else. I will not even discuss firearms with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Nope. Actually, I get the opposite.

When people find out I carry they usually say something along the lines of "I would have never pegged you as someone to carry a gun."
    i'm in the same boat. i think the general public has this idea that people with CCW are some kind of red necks with confederate flags on the back of their pickups or <insert stereotype here>.

i definitely don't fit that mold and some of my close friends are surprised when they found out that i carry. i guess stereotypes apply to just about anyone.

Really not that paranoid. My best friends girlfriend most coworkers know.

I spend time at the range, I dont see a reason to hide it. I cant think of who they would tell that would be bad. And I think more of them should carry.

So if they ask to come to range or if I ccw as long as I know the reaction wont be bad the answer is yep
    paching likes this.

I am like most others here, only my wife, daughter and a like minded close friend

glock gen 4 19
    kahr cw9
    ruger mini 14
    NRA Life Member

People that know me well , "assume " I carry even though they really don't know and haven't been told one way or the other.

People that don't know me well, can't imagine me carrying a gun.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The only people who know I carry are my wife, son, daughters, and son-in-law (the LEO who suggested that I carry). My parents don't even know. I prefer to fly under the radar when it comes to my firearm totin' habits.

No one has actually asked me if I carry. I don't broadcast that information. A few people ouitside of family know that I have a permit, but I never let them know if I am carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Nope. Actually, I get the opposite.

When people find out I carry they usually say something along the lines of "I would have never pegged you as a gun nut."
    Fixed it for ya!

Sorry Lima, I couldn't resist. I didn't want to do it, I had to!
    limatunes likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

"Are you carrying a gun or just glad to see me?" - Mae West (circa 1936)

Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

HmmI was thinking about my response last night and realized that really is two questions.

Do I tell people i have a ccw? Yes I do.
    Do I tell people I have a gun on me? No. If someone asks I always say that is my concern or something like that.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanner View Post
    HmmI was thinking about my response last night and realized that really is two questions.

Do I tell people i have a ccw? Yes I do.
    Do I tell people I have a gun on me? No. If someone asks I always say that is my concern or something like that.
    There's the problem. If you tell people you have a CCW, it would logically follow that you are carrying. I don't lie to people, and wouldnt say i am not carrying but instead try to avoid the situation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links