You CCw, Don't you? - Page 4

You CCw, Don't you?

This is a discussion on You CCw, Don't you? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by vantramp I have long hair and wear socks & sandals most of the time(PNW thing), I suspect most people think I am ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: You CCw, Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by vantramp View Post
    I have long hair and wear socks & sandals most of the time(PNW thing), I suspect most people think I am on my way out hug trees and squeeze bunnies. Most of those who know I carry,(family mostly) don't care enough to discuss it. No one else would suspect it or ask about it I am guessing.
    -Mike
    Right there with ya. I race bicycles... people around here seem to associate shaved legs and a preference for veggies with a liberal mindset. They'd be wrong in my case, but that's just the way I like it. ;)

I was asked a few weeks ago if I was carrying? I responded with "Are you wearing underwear?" When I was told "That's none of your business," I said "Same answer to YOUR question."
    WHEC724 likes this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I don't know why so many people guard the info that they carry like they're guarding their 16 year old daughters virginity. I am open about carrying, will discuss the situation with anyone. When I worked at a university in SE Missouri I wrote so many letters to the editor during the voter referendum on CCW that at an official university function the president who was standing right behind me deliberately raised his voice so I would hear and said "Then again, some of our staff have a longer publication record than some of our faculty".

I don't care who know.

Just because you strap on a weapon and take responsibility for your own safety, doesn't necessarily mean that you strap on the responsibility of voicing your belief in a public manner. There are some that are more "cut-out" to do that sort of thing...and I salute them!
    Last edited by gunsnroses; October 8th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I don't know why so many people guard the info that they carry like they're guarding their 16 year old daughters virginity. I am open about carrying, will discuss the situation with anyone. When I worked at a university in SE Missouri I wrote so many letters to the editor during the voter referendum on CCW that at an official university function the president who was standing right behind me deliberately raised his voice so I would hear and said "Then again, some of our staff have a longer publication record than some of our faculty".

I don't care who know.
    Well, goody for you!

I carry concealed because it's no one's business but those I choose to tell. It's called privacy.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Nope. Actually, I get the opposite.

When people find out I carry they usually say something along the lines of "I would have never pegged you as someone to carry a gun."
    This!

If asked, I just say that I lost them all in a terrible, horrible boating accident. Yup, every single one I used to own...

Bill
    --- Sig 245, P6, 224
    --- Kahr PM9

Every time I've been asked if I carry, it's been someone who is interested in getting their permit/license or just got theirs and wants to talk shop, or the occasional person who has no direct interest in owning a gun or carrying one for personal defense but are curious about the law or sporting aspects, etc. I don't announce when I'm carrying to anyone, but my girlfriend, kid, close friends, one family member, and a bunch of past and present coworkers know that I do in general, so I know it comes up in casual conversation at some point or another and eventually leads to some acquaintance coming out of the woodwork asking me questions. I don't mind it since it's an opportunity to gab on about something I like and get to help out someone else pursue it themselves or be a little more educated on the subject.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

The only one who asks is my wife. Now and then when we're getting ready to go somewhere she'll say "I don't know what you lug that thing around with you all the time" (a 1911 Gov't model and spare mags); then when we find ourselves in a somewhat dicey-looking situation, she'll grab my arm and whisper "Honey ... you've got your gun don't you?" I usually answer "yes, and you have a death grip on my gun arm". She's finally gotten to the point that when she goes thrift-store shopping, half the time she'll come back with a nice cover shirt for me.

I dont carry much yet but plan to. Have my permit. the only knows that I even own one is my wife and sons and daughter and a very close friend. The times I have carried no one even knew I was. not even my wife.

OH and I may have "Slipped" as I THINK my 17year old daughters boyfriend might have seen it once. :) wink wink
    HoganLongfellow likes this.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

VIP Member
    I now have a new response to that question... NOTHING! I just look at them and look away ignoring the question all together. I'm old and crabby, I can get away with it!
    Inspector71 likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Many assume that I do, almost none know that I am. And I honestly have no qualms about OCing in the right places at the right times and when I'm in the proper frame of mind to handle any sheep shock. I will say though that when I'm concealing or if I'm in a legislated victim zone, it's my conspicuous knowledge of the laws surrounding guns and carry that leads to the assumption that I'm carrying.

Glock Certified Armorer

Ive been asked this once or twice usually I get a o.0 look when I tell them I dont own any pistols...yet.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

No, I've never been asked. I'm very soft spoken and like to "fly under the radar". I believe that most people assume I'm not the 'type'.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links