Do "haunted houses" allow CCW?

This is a discussion on Do "haunted houses" allow CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wouldn't worry about being around lots of kids in the dark with my gun. I play with my grandkids all the time while wearing ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do "haunted houses" allow CCW?

I wouldn't worry about being around lots of kids in the dark with my gun. I play with my grandkids all the time while wearing mine. It is in a sturdy holster and won't come out. If someone was worried, just go without one in the pipe, then there can't be an ND.

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I seemed to be the only one who thought the whole experience was annoying.
    That is the same way some people find some DC threads.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Do you want these people carrying? hilarious!!!

Enjoy..... 20 pages of it Flickr: Nightmares Fear Factory's Photostream

Haunted house in Niagara Falls takes pics of patrons:

Just curious about why all the pictures have the people all bunched together. Is it so dark inside that they have to hang onto each other, or are they just scared?

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    In Missouri we call them hats.

Not sure about Texas though.
    I'm guessing hes talking about do-rags. They could have also been T-Pain wanna-bes wearing Top hats.

http://stoppopculture.com/wp/wp-cont.../05/ugly10.jpg
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

In Texas we call them buffs.

Custom buffs - Carvalho Custom

Definitely not hats. The nearest thing I can think of is it looks like panty-hose stretched over their heads and hanging down their backs.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member
    Black men often wear the stretch caps (same material as panty hose) covering their scalp it is in relation to hair care, or that was the original purpose anyway, often these are worn under a cap, hat or doo rag. Color of the stretch caps can indicate gang ties or simply a fashion statement you have to judge which one.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Haunted Houses

None of the haunts in the DFW market are posted 30.06 that Im aware of, but there is one that wands people before they go in. Though it apparently happened, Ive never heard of a shooting in a haunted house. When I worked at a movie theater we had shootings there all the time.

As far as the quality of the show, the style, location and price...don't assume all are the same. Its like people assuming we're all gun toting rednecks. Haunted houses are all very different, the range greatly in location, price, style, structure and theme.
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Slightly off topic, but for those who live in or near NC, if you like haunted houses, I read this last weekend that Kersey Valley Spooky Woods in High Point, NC was rated the 4th best haunted house in the nation.

here in NC if its not posted its legal to carry. but if you paid for admission then you have just committed a crime and you will lose you CC License and go to jail I cant remember if its a misdemeanor or felony but if its a felony you will loose all of your gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIceElf View Post
    here in NC if its not posted its legal to carry. but if you paid for admission then you have just committed a crime and you will lose you CC License and go to jail I cant remember if its a misdemeanor or felony but if its a felony you will loose all of your gun rights.
    Can you clarify. If it is not posted and you pay it is illegal but not illegal if it is free?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Can you clarify. If it is not posted and you pay it is illegal but not illegal if it is free?
    NC law states you cannot carry concealed into any venue where admission is charged, e.g., movie theaters, plays, and yes, even haunted houses that charge admission. I don't know of any free haunted houses, but technically, you would be legal if they don't charge admission. IANAL, and anyone who accepts legal advice from this board is nuts.

If you are curious, you can look up the citations and laws on the NC state website yourself. I don't feel like looking it up for you.

...and speaking of head gear, I have been known to walk into places rocking one of these stylin' pieces on my dome if I'm on my scooter that day. They keep my helmets from getting funky.

!CEDIJL!CGk~$(KGrHqJ,!hQE0fiJjwSIBNQm0ZEej!~~0_3.JPG
    Last edited by MadMac; February 10th, 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    NC law states you cannot carry concealed into any venue where admission is charged, e.g., movie theaters, plays, and yes, even haunted houses that charge admission. I don't know of any free haunted houses, but technically, you would be legal if they don't charge admission.

If you are curious, you can look up the citations and laws on the NC state website yourself. I don't feel like looking it up for you.
    Why not? LOL I was just curious.

Administrator
    Do "haunted houses" allow CCW?

Only Glocks with a GHOST Trigger. <~~~

http://www.ghostinc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    You might also consider calling ahead and simply asking.
    You could, but that might remind them that they forgot to put up their anti-gun signs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links