military CC in uniform? - Page 2

military CC in uniform?

This is a discussion on military CC in uniform? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by First Sgt Surely you jest!!! No how, No way, NOT ANYTIME!!! He's asking for a reg reference for off-base carry. The fact ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: military CC in uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Surely you jest!!! No how, No way, NOT ANYTIME!!!
    He's asking for a reg reference for off-base carry. The fact that a Shirt isn't quoting a reg makes me think there isn't one.

SIGGuy229--That thread was pretty worthless as far as a reg reference. I did see something for the Navy and something for Fort Benning, but nothing overarching or for the other services.

To the OP--USARAK/CC has a policy letter saying you can't even carry off-duty and out of uniform if under his control.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

My point re: the other thread was...well, there was already a thread discussing this topic, within the last 7 days.

BL: there is no service reg prohibiting CC, but there may be lower, command-specific regs prohibiting CC...so the answer is, "it depends"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    My God the Navy has access to firearms? What is this world coming to.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

My God the Navy has access to firearms? What is this world coming to.
    haha you're telling me? I'm more afraid of the ATFP guys standing gate watch than I am of terrorists attacking lol.

I did see something for the Navy and something for Fort Benning, but nothing overarching or for the other services.
    um... I am navy haha.

To the OP--USARAK/CC has a policy letter saying you can't even carry off-duty and out of uniform if under his control.
    I'm not army. I'll be answering to navy recruiting command not USARAK so that reg doesn't help me very much since it is a command policy rather than UCMJ or naval regulation
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Sig229--I missed the date on the previous thread. My attendance here has been sporadic at best. My apologies.

OP--My bad. By the time I had finished reading both threads, I forgot your question was Navy-specific.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

I would not carry in uniform! The exception being when you are legally carrying in civilian clothes off duty. I know of many in my reserve unit keep a firearm in the car traveling to and from drill but not on their person and not on post. The firearm can be left locked in motel room off post. It would not be worth the risk if discovered and have to answer to your commander.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links