NH Non-Resident License Help

This is a discussion on NH Non-Resident License Help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am having trouble finding out which states I can carry in with a NH non-resident license. I looked at the NH state website, but ...

Thread: NH Non-Resident License Help

I am having trouble finding out which states I can carry in with a NH non-resident license. I looked at the NH state website, but all it lists is the states that are reconized with the resident permit. I tried a search on CC, but didn't get anywhere. Most people just print the list that is given on the NH website, but that information is for resident licenses.

Can anyone link me to some information which would tell me which states recongnize the NH non-resident license? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re:

This is confusing. That website list NH as NOT honoring the Arkansas license, and yet they will issue me a non-resident license from NH based on my Arkansas license.

Basically, I am trying to find out which states do not honor non-resident licensing.

It's too bad that packing.org is not up at present. It does a pretty good job of outlining that stuff. Keep digging into handgunlaw.us and checking with packing.org as they will be back up soon, if the past is any guide. NH accepts resident-only licenses from a lot of states, but not from others for reasons best known to them. Pennsylvania, for instance, accepts NH non-resident licenses in part because neither of them is too fussy about who gets them. The level of training that issuing states require-PA and NH none; FL and UT lots-has something to do with who accepts whose permits. The fix is to get UT and FL non-rez permits and you are good in thirty states. Just keep digging, verify everything you find out and all will become clear!

VIP Member
    The following states accept New Hampshire's concealed carry permit. Of these Florida and Michigan will not accept non-resident permits.

Alabama, Alaska*, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiania, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont*, Wyoming

*Alaska and Vermont require no permit to carry concealed.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Thank You VERY MUCH!

I mailed off the application for my NH license yesterday and that will give me Mississippi which Arkansas doesn't cover. I like to visit Memphis quite a bit and now I don't have to disarm to get to Memphis. My Arkanas permit does give me Michigan and Florida.

Now I'm off to check into the Florida and Utah permits.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffP
    I am having trouble finding out which states I can carry in with a NH non-resident license. I looked at the NH state website, but all it lists is the states that are reconized with the resident permit. I tried a search on CC, but didn't get anywhere. Most people just print the list that is given on the NH website, but that information is for resident licenses.

Can anyone link me to some information which would tell me which states recongnize the NH non-resident license? Any help would be much appreciated.
    You'll pick up around five more states with the NH permit. The only one TN could help with that NH does not is if you go to NM. and the cost and hassel of getting the TN permit was not worth it to me. I got my NH back in aroung eight days.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffP
    Thank You VERY MUCH!

Now I'm off to check into the Florida and Utah permits.
    Utah costs less and gives you Minnesota and Washington that Florida does not cover. Florida gives you Pennsylvania that is not on the Utah permit, but New Hampshire covers PA.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Being from Arkansas, we need to get coverage that is not covered with our Res, permit for the southern states, as this is more than likely the ones that we will be dealing with. NH covers us in Ms,La,Ga,Al, and another one or two. But this covers me for the places that my Ar. Res. permit does not cover.

You guys are good! Thank you all again, I really appreciate it.

It looks like Utah is the way to go. They have some instructors in Hot Springs which is about an hour away from me. I did speak with someone last week at RBI Defensive Firarms Training :http://www.utccw.com/index.php?page=frontpage
    and it was his opinion that soon we would be able to get a Utah permit through taking an online course, as long as we had a resident permit through a state that Utah recognizes.

So now with my AR and NH permits I will be legal in 25 states. Like AK said, it gives me the southern states I need and travel to most.

I hadn't realized how much nonsense this is until now. I can't carry in Mississippi right now. But if I pay NH $20 bucks and let them make a copy of my Arkansas license (which Mississippi doesn't recongize) I can then legally carry in Mississippi.

This country can be so bassackward.
    Last edited by JeffP; August 11th, 2006 at 11:27 AM.

Jeff, where are you planning on going? If just the surrounding states, the NH covers you well. And only cost $20.00 to get.

Thanks AK. Yeah, NH is the one I really needed, but I would like to be legal in as many states as possible.

I really whish there was a way we could teach politicians to read the Constitution. At the very least we should have a national concealed carry law.

Just my opinion, get the one you need first. That covers you. Then think about doing more classes and getting topped off with permits. I live close to Memphis so I'm there a lot. You can drive around in Memphis and bam, you are in Ms. My son is stationed in Ga. and I visit him, I need Ga,Al,and La some times. The others are good to have but I travel mostly in the southern states.

VIP Member
    Concerning Utah training online. At one time Utah allowed this, but as of the end of May they no longer allow it. I was fortunate in that I started looking and found an online trainer. BTW- It was RBI. Just as I was going to pay the $119 price they emailed me and said the price was dropped to $49.95 because you had to complete the training prior to May 29. You can bet that I signed up that day and got my login. As soon as I got my package I took the course over the next three evenings, then returned the paperwork and had my certificate less than a week later.

It may be that they are making some changes and are going to allow online again. But as far as I know it is not currently possible.
    George

NH is a cheap, easy and useful permit to get. It help me fill in some of my gaps in state coverage that I would go to compared to Minnesota's coverage. Best $20 to spend.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Sponsored Links