Last night situation..

This is a discussion on Last night situation.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SpringXDsub All of the sudden a customer kicks over a trash can and one of the haunted house employees(age 25-30s) grabs the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Last night situation..

Quote Originally Posted by SpringXDsub View Post
    All of the sudden a customer kicks over a trash can and one of the haunted house employees(age 25-30s) grabs the kid(probably 18) and throws him to the cement face first twice. Than gets on top of this kid holding his throat and punching him 3 times.

Thanks all-
    Nick.
    I would have sat back and enjoyed the show

I HATE the behavior of so many of the "yut" today (I know, all old fogies have said that through the ages). I'll bet the kid learned a couple things about proper behavior in public

2. Remove Ads

I would have given the Officer a statement anyway..... at least offerred it and told him why. If he didn't take your statement, then the officer is not doing his due diligence.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Often times we only see a part of the story and when we react to it, we are inserting ourselves into an event with blinders on, etc. Not know being completely aware of what is going on means you don't necessarily have a full idea of how motivated the agressor is and this may prove to be a fatal error.
    .....which is why i am not a "sheep dog."

Why were you even there at midnight at an attraction for drunk teens? If you are mature enough to carry a firearm, you are mature enough to find more suitable entertainements.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringXDsub View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I don't know what happened before the parking lot started
    You have determined the most valuable piece of information already.

You are not law enforcement, you have a firearm primarily for protection of self and loved ones. Injecting yourself into any situation that you did not witness the start of is not wise.

Things are not always (read rarely) what they appear to be.

Kudos on backing out as soon as you did but do yourself a favor and next event ask yourself a few more questions before stepping in.

For your own sake springXD, avoid involving yourself in others peoples altercations, your new to CCW and believe me It can get ugly quick
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Too bad you did not film the whole thing with your phone...the kid would probably own the place by now.

I agree you should stay away from situations like that.

I would have not been to sympathetic too the kid either. Too many of them don't know what the word respect means.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'd call the LEO Super on duty and let him know what you saw. The kid hit a worker when he got scared. Maybe a reflex, maybe being a jerk. Who knows. Have we all seen this happen on "America's Funniest Home Videos" a few times? He kicked a trash can over. Big deal. If these are the facts, and he was retreating, he certainly did not deserve what was possibly a Felony assault by another worker.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Thanks everyone for the inputs. I take it as good constructive critism., and I wanted to post it here because I am new to it and so forth. Also, I want to learn and make smart choices. So I do appreciate everyones responses.

Thanks.-Nick

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I'd call the LEO Super on duty and let him know what you saw. The kid hit a worker when he got scared. Maybe a reflex, maybe being a jerk. Who knows. Have we all seen this happen on "America's Funniest Home Videos" a few times? He kicked a trash can over. Big deal. If these are the facts, and he was retreating, he certainly did not deserve what was possibly a Felony assault by another worker.
    Amen! How soon we forget about all the stupid mistakes we made as kids. Heaven forbid one of your kids make a child like mistake and ends up with brain damage from some over eager carny who thinks he is Chuck Norris.

World of difference in a gang banger and this kind of thing.
    EdC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbw8906 View Post
    Amen! How soon we forget about all the stupid mistakes we made as kids. Heaven forbid one of your kids make a child like mistake and ends up with brain damage from some over eager carny who thinks he is Chuck Norris.

World of difference in a gang banger and this kind of thing.
    Sadly though, if the kid hasn't learned by age 18 that childish can kicking tantrums aren't always going to profit him, he will undoubtedly encounter some painful real life lessons in the real world. Hopefully none of those lessons will end in brain damage.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    With that many people standing in line, it's a pretty good bet that at least one of them was able to capture video of the scuffle.

My question to the OP: Would you have tried to intervene if you were unarmed?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Sadly though, if the kid hasn't learned by age 18 that childish can kicking tantrums aren't always going to profit him, he will undoubtedly encounter some painful real life lessons in the real world. Hopefully none of those lessons will end in brain damage.
    I mean why not just shoot the kid then? I mean if you really want him to suffer wouldn't that work best? Maybe the next time some child of yours or maybe even a niece or nephew steals a pack of bubble gum you would rally for breaking a couple of their finger. I mean if physical pain is the ultimate criminal behavior modification program then just chop the whole darn hand off. I bet that 10yo would never steal again.

Physical violence for kicking over a garbage can is not the answer. Throw him in the back for the squad car, haul him in front of a judge, make him (and or his parents) pay restitution, make him pick up trash on the side of the road, or better yet make him pick up the garbage at the haunted house! But letting some haunted house worker (probley another high strung teen) pummel him is not the answer.

Justice "the Duke" style is not what our founders indented.
    EdC likes this.

VIP Member
    Wow

I mean why not just shoot the kid then? I mean if you really want him to suffer wouldn't that work best? Maybe the next time some child of yours or maybe even a niece or nephew steals a pack of bubble gum you would rally for breaking a couple of their finger. I mean if physical pain is the ultimate criminal behavior modification program then just chop the whole darn hand off. I bet that 10yo would never steal again

All of 8 big ole posts and you come out swinging. First lets look at it this way. According to the OP the kid committed battery on an employee and was kicked out/leaving the scene. During his egress he kicks over a trash can and then the other employees catch up to him and in defense of maybe their friend, niece, nephew or whatever go after him. Now suppose it was your son, daughter, niece, nephew or whatever the kid hit to begin with? Are you going to let him simply walk away?
    The OP stated the officer came around the corner is it possible he was after the kid for the original battery? No one knows at this point with the limited information available.

He was not attacked because he kicked over the garbage can he was apparently attacked for hitting an employee. The OP stated the guy who jumped on the kid was not a high strung teen but a grown man 25-30 so there is a little difference there. Since the employee was not arrested then one can take away from this that there is much more to the story that the OP did not witness possibly even the officer who may have been inside saying "Stop him" and since we do not know how badly the other person was hurt inside the HH you might want to back up and regroup.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links