Last Mexican Carry

This is a discussion on Last Mexican Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Umm... nope. Huh-uh. Nope. The "jewels" thing, the gun falling out and bunny-hopping on the hammer... or simply falling down into your pants... too many ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Mexican Carry

Umm... nope. Huh-uh. Nope.
    The "jewels" thing, the gun falling out and bunny-hopping on the hammer... or simply falling down into your pants... too many problems with that carry method; including body oil and sweat on the gun.
    But ditto Wisconsin; ANY carry method in Sacramento would be an improvement.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I do all the time. If I'm making holsters downstairs, and don't have my holster, and if I have a bunch of crap to carry upstairs, I'll tuck it. As soon as I get upstairs, the gun goes into the safe or into a holster. I've never trusted this method while out and about. I would hate to drop a gun. Asphault or concrete would really do a number on a finish.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Only when measuring for belt size with gun IWB. Did that before I started carrying in preparation for getting proper quality gear.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever
    When was the last time that you carried Mexican, or just stuck a firearm in your belt? Not pocket carry, and without a holster.
    Never. I view it as similar to laying the gun on the car's dashboard. Unless holstered, there is greater risk of it not being there when needed, safe/secure. No thanks.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would have to agree.....just does not feel safe and I want to know where it is at all times when I need it!

I appendix carry my snuby, in a Uncle Mikes holster. Its probably the most confortable, and concealable way to carry a snub, for me.

IIRC the practise started with single action revolvers. If you leave the loading gate open on your SA it works like a hip grip or clip draw.

Elmer Keith used to carry this way "in town".
    Once on a trip they were patting down the men getting on the train. He just closed the gate with his elbow, sucked in his gut and let his Colt slip into his boot.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I occasionally carry this way if I'm taking out the trash or going out to the car for something....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Never,love my boys too much
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Actualy right now , running out to check the grill as the coals burn in then setting back down here to type . Its secure enough for what i am doing , and allowing my holster to dry out a bit ( iwb picks up sweat ect on hot days ) .
    That is why I have , around ten different holsters. I've talked to some that have carried a 1911 this way a lot, and say they like it. I've never really tried it. Hey if I tried it and liked it, look at all the money I would save on holsters.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    AK Its not for everyone , and for the folks who feel its usefull its not for all time . I too have a box of holsters but dont go to the trouble of dragging one out under some circumstanses . You need to balance your activity level with security . Much more than walking the 30 ft or so to the grill and i would be holstered up . I dont advocate " meskin" carry , but do use it occationaly depending on what i am doing .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I have talked to some that after of years of carrying this way they are sorta looking sideways about the holster thing. They have gotten a good IWB holster and still slip it in from time to time. I don't know if it has to do more with the build of the person that is carrying, or the type of pistol, or just plain ol practice that makes it easy and preferable to some people.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I would never even slightly consider shoving a gun into my pants, and risk losing my manhood. No thanks, I'd rather keep my cock n balls. I once had a friend who shoved an airsoft gun down his pants, and he tried taking it out real quick, and ended up shooting himself in the crotch. He dropped to the ground like a rock, and I couldn't stop laughing!

No, I don't. IMO it projects too much of a casual and relaxed image if noticed.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    About five months ago a ghetto cruiser pulled up across the road from my house. It was a Sunday evening and a neighbor from down the road and I were sitting on my front porch visiting. I stuck a 1911 in the right front of my jeans and walked out and ask the two men (obvious dopers) if they were lost. They said they were just checking out things. I told them to check else where. They left.
    Two days later they murdered two Unarmed Men about a mile down the road from where I live.

That carry was spur of the moment, I usually do not carry that way.
    I just happened to have the 1911 at hand since I was showing it to my friend.

Jungle Work

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links