Last Mexican Carry

This is a discussion on Last Mexican Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every day with my SP101. I use a Clipdraw but used rubber bands wrapped around the grip before that. I find it 100% safe with ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Mexican Carry

Every day with my SP101. I use a Clipdraw but used rubber bands wrapped around the grip before that. I find it 100% safe with the DAO trigger and it is much more concealable w/o a holster.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Symr i agree , howeaver in my world i have to occational do physical activitys , and after having to " shake the pistol out of my pantleg" or go back and pick it up a time or two i am a big beliver in a holster for other than special circumstances carry . This thread catching me carrying mexican was timeing , normal day to day all day long i carry with a holster since when i get up i cannot predict my activity level every day . I have weaned myself pretty much off thumbsnaps for iwb tho ( as an officer i would not use open top ) .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Risque007
    Pretty often actually, though I usually stick more to shotguns than handguns, but holsters never have worked out that great for me for some reason.

You Mexican carry a shotgun?
    Last edited by quantum36; August 11th, 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum36
    You Mexican carry a shotgun?
    I was wondering if anybody was going to mention that.

On occassion, but limited to trips where I won't be in and out of my vehicle or doing a lot of moving around.

I wouldn't quite call it Mexi carry as I tend to slide it off to the side as if it were in a holster. Being a Southpaw, the clipdraw thing just doesn't work.

i've tried it once or twice..of course with a unloaded gun though.
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

Friends,

Actually, I carried that way for years. Only had a problem once, at the symphony men's room. I completed my task at the urinal and sort of sucked my belly in while I was tucking things back where they belonged, and my sidearm slid right down the inside of my right trouser leg. I raised my knee in time, stopping the slide, but I'm afraid I looked something like a spanial at a fire hydrant. Both other guys, one on my left and one on my right, looked at me oddly but I explained it was my clostectemy bag acting up again. I hopped to an available stall, closed and locked the door behind me, made the appropriate adjustments ... waited a few moments ... flushed the toilet and returned quietly to my seat in time for the second half of the performance.

Everyday - To the mailbox and back.
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

I live in the southwest and here we consider REAL Mexican carry to utilise an approx 15 in length of parachute cord.

Hard to explain but it keeps the weapon from sliding down into the pants and is quite secure.

Remember, it does not protect the trigger guard, but not an issue with a wheel gun.

I also use this style carry for a .45 commander. But then I carry the .45 in condition 2.

Knowing in advance that this is sure to rankle the "cocked & locked" folks, I need to mention that I have used condition 2 for decades now (even in IPSIC competition) and when well trained it is very nearly as fast as anything else.

"Let the flames begin"...

Donal

Not since I started carrying a Glock.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I usually carry my Kel-Tec in a pocket holster, but move it to an unholstered IWB position behind the hip, using the factory clip, whenever I enter any alcohol serving establishment (where it's illegal for permit holders to carry concealed in Virginia). I know this is not strictly Mexican carry. It works OK but the clip makes it hard to reholster, and may be contributing to failure-to-eject problems. I am also concerned about the trigger being unguarded.

I am going to lose the clip and the pocket holster and use a tuckable IWB holster in the near future. Then I just have to tuck the shirt differently to switch from concealed to open carry when entering or leaving a restaraunt.

what is mexican carry? anywhere in waist band ,or only in front ? i have magnum p.i. carried the 1911 , short dash to atm or such, but this was before i had the cwl.

now with the license no need for mex carry . as a holster is much easier .
    elance

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO mexican carry is any unholstered carry involving your waistband , unholstered pocket or boot carry are seperate issues as is stuffing a nude pistol into your braw strap if your female lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator
    Ditto: "Mexican" carry would be any firearm only stuffed into the pants waistband and held there by either just the pants or the pants worn with a belt.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    I Mexican carry often, but I keep it to double action revolvers. J-frames work great, no real risk and the belt over the cylinder is very secure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links