Last Mexican Carry - Page 4

Last Mexican Carry

This is a discussion on Last Mexican Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've mexican carried my G21SF at the 3:30 position. Doesn't move around at all. I did it before my holster came. MS VM2. Wait was ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Last Mexican Carry

I've mexican carried my G21SF at the 3:30 position. Doesn't move around at all. I did it before my holster came. MS VM2. Wait was 26 weeks. I had to do something

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    When was the last time that you carried Mexican, or just stuck a firearm in your belt? Not pocket carry, and without a holster.
    Never. The only way, IMO, to safely carry is with a good rig. For several reasons.

One, I don't care what you say, a gun tucked in the waistband is never as safe as a gun in a quality piece of leather.

Two, if spotted, you look like a thug and are much more likely to have the law called on you. (I know that I'm much more likely to call 911 on some guy with a gun I spot tucked into the waistband than in a holster.)

To me, no holster says "I'm not taking this seriously" and "I'm just randomly deciding to bring a gun along spur of the moment."

Buy some leather.

I've done it many times with a 1911, but that was before I had a decent IWB and back when you had to pay off the sheriff or be his brother-in-law to get a permit. It works fine behind the hip if you don't have to bend much. I never stuck it down the front though, always behind the hip in jeans.

The only time was when my Fobus broke. (slipped on a ladder and the outer holster caught and snapped the sucker in half - Paddle)
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Never have, never will

Years ago, when I was ASSIGNED to Mexico as a DEA Agent, I carried Mexican, as did everyone. Lots of rubber bands around the grips, .45 carried hammer down. It was accepted at the time as "normal".

Everyone did it. Now, things have changed for sure and agency rules forbid it.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Never have. Don't have the co hones for it. May not have them after Mexican Carry either.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I carry my 1911 all the time behind my right kidney when its windy in Texas and I am in jeans. A holster would just get exposed when I got out of the truck or am walking around.

I carry my 1911 Kimber UC II in my pocket all the time when I am in cargo pants or shorts with mags in a back pocket.

The 1911 has the thumb and grip safety making this quite safe to do.

BGR
    I carried a 1911 that way for 2 or 3 years never had a problem. In my job I just cannot have a holster on my belt. People keep wanting to take my coat. Now I pocket carry a J frame most of the time.

i've stuck one in my belt to go out and put out the trash, but nothing beyond that.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    I live in the southwest and here we consider REAL Mexican carry to utilise an approx 15 in length of parachute cord.

Hard to explain but it keeps the weapon from sliding down into the pants and is quite secure.
    Donal
    Can you TRY to explain it??? What is the cord attached to at each end???
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links