McSafety - I guess Ronald will be providing security today!!

This is a discussion on McSafety - I guess Ronald will be providing security today!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw this sign at the Mt Sterling KY McDonalds. Corporate McDonalds is so concerned about your safety, that they went and ahead and printed ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: McSafety - I guess Ronald will be providing security today!!

McSafety - I guess Ronald will be providing security today!!

I saw this sign at the Mt Sterling KY McDonalds.

Corporate McDonalds is so concerned about your safety, that they went and ahead and printed up their own window stickers!! How nice!

Wished I had time to consult the manager if this was a corporate thing... And of course in KY, I totally disregarded the sign as I had to hurry in - the Angus burgers were getting cold!!

Bill

ps. Ronald was no where to be found...
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

2. Remove Ads

Another case of corporate idiots.

It shouldn't be too difficult to just live without McDonalds. I've lived without them for years for reasons that had nothing to do with guns or signs. Vote with your feet.

Looks like they're anti-revolver... Good think I carry tupperware...
    Guest1, jumpwing and SIGguy229 like this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billpocz View Post
    I saw this sign at the Mt Sterling KY McDonalds.

Corporate McDonalds is so concerned about your safety, that they went and ahead and printed up their own window stickers!! How nice!

Wished I had time to consult the manager if this was a corporate thing... And of course in KY, I totally disregarded the sign as I had to hurry in - the Angus burgers were getting cold!!

Bill

ps. Ronald was no where to be found...
    May I ask WHY you would insist on spending your money at an anti-gun establishment??? I just don't "get it".
    If my gun is not welcome...then neither is my wallet.
    Nothing like funding the enemy.
    Gforty and nightsonge like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    The second job of my life was at the golden arches as the head cook making $1.85 per hour back in 1969. Since I know what goes on in those stores, there is no way I would ever step foot in one today.
    jumpwing likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

They *do* have drive up windows, if you can't live without a Happy Meal.

I've not yet seen a sign in the local MickeyD's, but I'll have to check. While the food doesn't thrill me, they have a decent Mocha coffee that I like better than the more expensive Starbucks, and in the summer the frozen strawberry lemonade is good, IMHO! If they post, I will quit going there and have to pay more for a Starbucks mocha. Unfortunately, signs do have the force of law in Ohio. It will really be ironic if just as we finally got the right to carry into restaurants that serve alcohol, the fast food joints which were the only places we could carry before 30 September start posting!!!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Arby's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Chic-Fil-A, there are many choices when it comes to eating.
    Stubborn, gunthorp and swiftyjuan like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have lost track of how many McDonald's I have been in over the last half-century (and more!) in probably 30 states and this is the FIRST such sign I have ever seen.

There is no corporate anti-gun mentality with McDonald's that I have ever found. This is simply one store manager's doing, most likely.

It's amazing how much exercise some people expect to get by jumping to conclusions.
    JDE101 and msgt/ret like this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

It might have been corporate, but I doubt it. More than likely, it was the local franchise holder's decision. You can usually find their name and number on a sign inside the restaurant. McDonald's in my area aren't posted as far as I know. I seldom eat there, so I've not checked them lately.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    McStupid. They could give away free ammo with their happy meal and I still wouldn't eat there. That stuff is nasty.
    rammerjammer and multistage like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Like most "fast-food" joints, it's not an issue for me. They're neither fast nor what I consider food anymore.
    rammerjammer likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I have lost track of how many McDonald's I have been in over the last half-century (and more!) in probably 30 states and this is the FIRST such sign I have ever seen.

There is no corporate anti-gun mentality with McDonald's that I have ever found. This is simply one store manager's doing, most likely.

It's amazing how much exercise some people expect to get by jumping to conclusions.
    You are spot on! I googled that McD location and it is owned by 'The Healy Family'... I am going to send a note to that location asking about their philosophy, etc.

I'm sure that a personalized form letter will be on the way shortly!!

BTW, Stubborn, I really do not consider corporate McDonalds as the 'enemy'... I had a more light-hearted view...
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

0 protein in their 'all beef patty'... really makes a guy wonder.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links