Defensive Carry banner

Car/ truck carry

2K views 18 replies 19 participants last post by  whitestone 
#1 ·
What is your carry mod while driving and holster type?

#5 ·
Usually I just keep my shooter right in it's IWB holster. But for long drives, I was looking at the Andrews Leather Carjacker Crossdraw. :33:

#7 ·
IWB all day long. The only time it leaves the holster is when I am going to a no carry place or going to bed. I don't handle my weapon or play around with carry methods. I get up, get dressed, put it in holster and go on with life.

#10 ·
freakshow10mm said:
IWB all day long. The only time it leaves the holster is when I am going to a no carry place or going to bed. I don't handle my weapon or play around with carry methods. I get up, get dressed, put it in holster and go on with life.
+1 on most of that. Pocket holster for my 940 and carsafe when I'm at work or somewhere I can't carry in.

RJ

#12 ·
IWB at 1 o'clock with my G26 all day long. When driving and while seat belted, I just lift my cover shirt up out of the seat belt and let it cover the butt of the g26; I can draw that way very quickly while staying Oklahoma legal (i.e. keep it concealed). At night I will often tuck the shirt in behind the butt of the gun where it is even faster to access.

#13 ·
the same as i carry when not driving , iwb from 3 or so to 6 or so depending on the gun .

#17 ·
I take my weapon out of it's IWB holster and transfer it to an Andrews Leather "Carjacker Crossdraw" holster on my seat belt, then pull my shirt over it. Switch back when ready to leave the vehicle.

#18 ·
I either have a normal hoster on or I have found a new holster call Ace Car Holster.

It is a nylon holster with loop side velcro on the outside and a 4x6 pad of hook side velcro to mount on your car. I mounted mine next to the shifter on the lower center council by the stick shift. Don't even have to shift my body to reach the gun. Grab pull and go. It pulls right off by twisting to carry into the house and it has a basic IWB clip on it. I have mounted the pad in each of my cars and truck. Works for me. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.