Adding a second gun to the line-up - Page 2

Adding a second gun to the line-up

This is a discussion on Adding a second gun to the line-up within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cz223 I have been contemplating carrying a second "normal sized" gun for a long time. Not because I feel I need to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Adding a second gun to the line-up

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by cz223 View Post
    I have been contemplating carrying a second "normal sized" gun for a long time. Not because I feel I need to be that well armed but to see if it was feasible and comfortable. I have been looking for a left handed holster for a 1911 for quite some time, to this end, with no luck. I am comfortable shooting with either hand so it seemed like the best way to go. I normally carry a 4 inch 1911 on my right hip in a Milt Sparks VMII with a double mag pouch on my left. Well since I haven't been able to find the right holster just yet, I decided to give a cross draw holster that I have a try. It is a Galco Sky cop. I got it along with a few other holsters at a price that I just couldn't pass up. , Anyway, I think it is gonna work. It is pretty comfortable and, with the way I dress, it seems like is gonna work. I am gonna try it out for a week and see if want to bother with it after that. Right now I don't think anyone would suspect me of carrying one gun, let alone two. Now, where am I gonna put the LCP?
    Getcha a "Chic Gaylord/New York Reload."

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

OD

I have seen that rig before and, while it is an interesting idea, I can't see it working for me. I can't imagine that it is comfortable while seated or driving. Aside from that I am having some problems with my wrists and can not see drawing from it comfortably.

Mike, I admire you carrying two guns as large as the Glocks. I have two G23's and would love to be able to mirror carry them.

VIP Member
    I have seen that rig before and, while it is an interesting idea, I can't see it working for me. I can't imagine that it is comfortable while seated or driving. Aside from that I am having some problems with my wrists and can not see drawing from it comfortably.

Mike, I admire you carrying two guns as large as the Glocks. I have two G23's and would love to be able to mirror carry them.
    Not worthy of admiration, but thanks. Anything is possible, until it becomes uncomfortable. I have probably reached the upper threshold of comfort with the Glocks, not that I would want to take it any further. I am very happy with what is working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    3 guns? Really?

It may be time to take a step back and evaluate what you are doing. Is it a capacity thing? Extra mags or a higher capacity gun would do the job.
    I know someone who carries 3 guns, but it's a full size, a .38 snubbie and a .32 Seacamp.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

About 50% of the time I have a Glock 23 in an IWB at 3pm, and a wheelie (SP101, S&W442) in my strong side front pocket. They ride very nicely one above the other and conceal nicely as well. I like pocket holsters for one simple reason: both times I've had a gun stuck in my face, Mr. Doosh has ordered, "gimme everything". No problem, bro. Coming right up.

OD*

It was meant more as a gag, I wouldn't want to carry two 1911s like that either, and I've carried 1911 for a few years.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I often carry a Glock 26 in my non-dominant pocket.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    3 guns? Really?

It may be time to take a step back and evaluate what you are doing. Is it a capacity thing? Extra mags or a higher capacity gun would do the job.
    I think this is very representative of the "reasonable man response". Sometimes we have to take a step back and look at how things may look to others if something were to happen. If you were to get into an altercation and something happened to where you were left with no choice but to draw your weapon and use it, I can see some DA right now going to town with the fact that you are carrying 3 weapons. They will do everything they can to make you out to be some backwoods fanatic that was on the verge of blowing up an FBI building so you could over throw the government.

If you're really going to do something like carry three guns then you should be aware that others may use this against you and be prepared to offer a rationale that is going to pass the reasonable man presumption. I know it sounds unfair given that its not illegal to carry 3 guns, I'm just sayin'.

VIP Member
    Quality over quantity.

A single full size handgun and a backup, should you feel it is needed, would more than cover 99.9% of given situation if you train and are fully competent with the weapon you are carrying.

This reminds me of an old song by Barry Sadler about a Garrison Soldier who never left the wire.. "He carried a hip knife, a side knife, and a little bitty one. Combination flare gun, dinner set and genuine police whistle". Is the area where you live so bad that two full size guns and a backup are needed? But whatever floats your boat.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Two J frames, or my M&P9c and one J frame for me. At times it's just one J frame and I still feel just fine. I only carry two firearms for one reason only and it's not firepower; it's just in case my primary goes down for what ever reason. I like the two J frames the best, less weight and the reliability of a revolver are very comforting for me. So far my M&P has impressed the heck outa me regarding it's reliability, but I'm just sold on the comfort of the small revolver for defense; if we were talking offense, now that's a different story. I'm bringing my Glocks and full sized duty weapons to the gig.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links