Va to Texas Trip

Va to Texas Trip

This is a discussion on Va to Texas Trip within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tried to find all the CCW states that have reciprocity with my Va CCW but site is down. Anyone know best route?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Va to Texas Trip

Va to Texas Trip

Tried to find all the CCW states that have reciprocity with my Va CCW
    but site is down.
    Anyone know best route?

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Check this place out.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    It looks like you can go straight west through KY to Missouri to Oklahoma and come on down to Gods Country.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

You're good to carry down here. I carried all the time when I was at my parents' home in VA this summer.

Just remember to stay out of school buildings, bars (restaurants are fine), sproting events, and a few others where you aren't likely to go (courthouses, etc.). Read up on the 30.06 requirements would also be good. And remember we have to keep it concealed, so no open carry while here.

And welcome to Texas. Try to not melt in the heat.

Hey thanks everyone.

States that honor Va permit:

Alaska
    Florida
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Missouri
    Montana
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    West Virginia
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

There are some states that Va honors but don`t recipricat

kinda pizzez me off-.

Yeah Texas honors 38 other states permits and only 28 states honor ours.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

I am also taking a trip to Texas later this month. Can I carry at Six Flags?
    "Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."-Captain John Parker

Six flags has a web site that says no...also there is something in the Texas penal code about not carrying in amusement parks that have a sign posted. You can find all the info you want on Texas carry at texasonline.com. Click "more online services", then "concealed handgun licensing", then "concealed handgun services", then "frequently asked questions". Scroll down to the question about where you can carry. Enjoy Texas. Bring a big hat and sunglasses. Its hot!

The way the Texas law read you deffently can not carry at 6 flags.

(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

You can see the full law at: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/for...16.pdf#page=55
    Timmy Jimmy

VIP Member

Md45...

Have you settled on a route yet? When you do, check out the link that one eyed fatman suggested. That site has links to each state site with specifics. For example, Tennessee honors the resident permits of every state that grants a permit. One cannot, however, carry into an eating or other establishment that offers liquor for consumption on the premises in Tennessee. Tennessee has other stipulations too, and each state will have their own little quirks. Be certain to know them before you travel.

Have a great (and safe in every way) trip!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Have you settled on a route yet? When you do, check out the link that one eyed fatman suggested. That site has links to each state site with specifics. For example, Tennessee honors the resident permits of every state that grants a permit. One cannot, however, carry into an eating or other establishment that offers liquor for consumption on the premises in Tennessee. Tennessee has other stipulations too, and each state will have their own little quirks. Be certain to know them before you travel.

Have a great (and safe in every way) trip!
    Yes sir I did-also bookmarked the sight too

thanks everyone--I just got my CCW last month and my new Defender-Will be getting a CQC/S from Alessi

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaCowboy
    I am also taking a trip to Texas later this month. Can I carry at Six Flags?
    As regards carry in an amusement park--this is an area of great confusion and much misinformation. When the CHL statute was originally passed they were off-limits without exception. That has however changed. Now they are not off-limits unless properly posted under 30.06. The same thing happened in terms of carrying in government meetings, churches, and hospitals.

46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
    (b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
    (5) in an amusement park
    (i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

Thanks guys. I don't know why I couldn't find that.
    "Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."-Captain John Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links