Georgia-Carolina State Fair

This is a discussion on Georgia-Carolina State Fair within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to the fair and i was wondering can u go ccing @ the fair?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Georgia-Carolina State Fair

I'm going to the fair and i was wondering can u go ccing @ the fair?
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    not sure of georgias law but in any if you pay a fee to inter you can not carry. Check your state law Go to, us conceal carry , and check

VIP Member
    'Not sure about this one. We always to go the one up in Columbia, which I'm certain you can't carry there.

Concealed means concealed. I cc'd at my county fair because I see nothing in my state law that prohibits it.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Not sure about this one. We always to go the one up in Columbia, which I'm certain you can't carry there.
    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    I'm going to the fair and i was wondering can u go ccing @ the fair?
    Not in SC. General Rules and Regulations - South Carolina State Fair

I believe the fairgrounds are considered part of USC's campus somehow. But, I don't know if I'll be going this year, probably not- because I can't carry. With all the 'stuff' that seems to happen at the fair, I don't think I'll want to go unarmed. And, yes, they have metal detectors set up. And wands. And LOTS of police.

Sorry, guys.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Having read the Fair's "rules," I find it odd and un-necessary to state that the fair is under the "jurisdiction" of the RCSD and CPD. Brilliant, Sherlock. Every place falls under some agency's "jurisdiction." A pointless statement with no objective other than to discourage disobediance.

It comes down to on who's property the fair is held (college owned?), the laws of that state concerning CC and where it's prohibited, and the right of any business or organization to prohibit firearms on its grounds--whether owned or leased. Remember--you are entering someone else's property, and it may or may not be "public."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I just read through the rules. Once again we have a short sided, idiot writing them. Why do people who have PERMIT's have to be subjected to this discrimination? We are more upstanding people than probably 80% of the people that would be at a fair. We don't drink, we don't get rowdy, yet they act like just because I go to a fair I am gonna all of a sudden change my mind about being a law abiding citizen and go crazy. How stupid.

I'd keep my money for something good rather than crappy food and crappy rides.

I can comment on NC. If you pay admission to enter (yes, the State Fair charges admission), you cannot legally enter with your ccw. It's the law here.

Is it silly? Sure. Are we trying to get it changed? Yes.

Would you find yourself in the Raleigh jail if your were caught on the fairgrounds with your ccw? Most likely.

IANAL. My opinion only. Do your own darn research and make your own choices. If you choose to flaunt the law for fear of being jacked up in the parking lot, at least understand and accept the potential consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I just read through the rules. Once again we have a short sided, idiot writing them. Why do people who have PERMIT's have to be subjected to this discrimination? We are more upstanding people than probably 80% of the people that would be at a fair. We don't drink, we don't get rowdy, yet they act like just because I go to a fair I am gonna all of a sudden change my mind about being a law abiding citizen and go crazy. How stupid.

I'd keep my money for something good rather than crappy food and crappy rides.
    Speak for yourself.

Agree about the crappy food, cheesy, rusty rides that are dragged all around the country, and the creepy carnies.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    I was speaking for when we are carrying. In my state, I can carry anywhere they serve alcohol, but I cannot (and do not) partake. I don't think any responsible permit holder would either. I give up my ability to drink in order to keep my ability to protect myself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Speak for yourself.

Agree about the crappy food, cheesy, rusty rides that are dragged all around the country, and the creepy carnies.
    We actually enjoy the novelty of the creepy-carny thing , eating crappy food, paying way too much for rusty rides and going home at the end of the day, sticky and exhausted. We get there early, and I park right in front of the gate, so the unarmed walk back to the car is minimized.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I don't do fairs or carnivals, or any other large crowd full of obnoxious people.
    Vtxdpm likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

This fair is located in Augusta GA.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    This fair is located in Augusta GA.
    The OP asked about Georgia and North Carolina. I only addressed the one state where I knew the answer.

I just realized it's one fair.

Sorry, my bad. Never heard of that one. If they want more traffic, maybe they should just call it the Georgia-Carolina-Alabama-Mississippi-Florida Fair?

Not a problem where I live, thankfully. Somehow, those that live in states with CC rules like no carry allowed if admission is charged need to work on getting them changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links