Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati - Page 2

Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati

This is a discussion on Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Drinking, combined with being on vitamin "S" will definitely cause some anger issues. What a tool....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati

Drinking, combined with being on vitamin "S" will definitely cause some anger issues. What a tool.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

He is lucky that somebody legally carrying and not drinking didn't shoot when they saw him walk in with the gun,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, it looks to me like he left his firearm in his vehicle, went inside and had a couple of beers. He got into a verbal altercation, went outside, and retreived his firearm.

If the new law had not passed, he would have left his firearm in his vehicle, went inside and had a couple of beers, got into a verbal altercation, gone back outside and returned with the firearm from his vehicle.

I don't see what the bar owner and the police are getting their knickers in a knot about unless they think the new law drove him to drink. The law made absolutely no difference one way or another...well except for the stiffer penalties the jerk now faces.
    atctimmy, Majorlk and baren like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Well, it looks to me like he left his firearm in his vehicle, went inside and had a couple of beers. He got into a verbal altercation, went outside, and retreived his firearm.

If the new law had not passed, he would have left his firearm in his vehicle, went inside and had a couple of beers, got into a verbal altercation, gone back outside and returned with the firearm from his vehicle.

I don't see what the bar owner and the police are getting their knickers in a knot about unless they think the new law drove him to drink. The law made absolutely no difference one way or another...well except for the stiffer penalties the jerk now faces.
    It isn't the police or the bar owner that has their kickers knotted... its the media.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It isn't the police or the bar owner that has their kickers knotted... its the media.
    I'm sorry. I must have misread...

The H&H Tavern had no such sign, but owner Dave Anderson said it soon will. He said his bar never had a problem with gun-toting patrons before and blames the new law for the incident Wednesday morning.

“I believe in the right to bear arms, but I believe that law was made in bad judgment,” Anderson said. “It’s not good for any small business to have people carrying firearms in.”
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Administrator
    I'm sure he felt that way two weeks ago too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

He should have left his glock at home, where it belonged and shot up his dose of testosterone. Then he might've grown some cojones and fought like a man, mano a mano. I'm not saying that's what I'd have done but Dum Dum wants to drink and has no concept of carrying a firearm, Dum Dum gets in problems
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Let's see. Steroids, liquor, Low IQ and bad attitude and guns; recipe for disaster.

It's good that these idiots are culled outa the ranks as soon as they rear their heads. Based on his level of judgment, he'll probably still carry though, cause we all know there's no cure for stupid.
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; October 13th, 2011 at 08:10 AM.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    The H&H Tavern had no such sign, but owner Dave Anderson said it soon will. He said his bar never had a problem with gun-toting patrons before and blames the new law for the incident Wednesday morning.
    “I believe in the right to bear arms, but I believe that law was made in bad judgment,” Anderson said. “It’s not good for any small business to have people carrying firearms in.”
    And a stinking sign is going to solve his problems? Pa-lease. I am starting to think we need more commercials on prime time TV like the you-tube video where the criminal pretends to get stopped by a sign, only at the end have them barge in anyway, announce that because they are a criminal they don't care about laws or signs and then ...bang.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    And a stinking sign is going to solve his problems? Pa-lease. I am starting to think we need more commercials on prime time TV like the you-tube video where the criminal pretends to get stopped by a sign, only at the end have them barge in anyway, announce that because they are a criminal they don't care about laws or signs and then ...bang.
    There have been guns in bars as long as there have been guns and bars. Frank Loving and Levi Richardson fought it out at the Long Branch Saloon in Dodge City, Kansas in the spring of 1879. No historical record of whether or not the Long Branch was posted with a "No Firearms" sign.

A lot of the comments in the first link are from people that are just as dumb as this guy! The bias in the story is just a little obvious to me.

Many States allow carry in bars without problems, heck, I carry in restaurants that serve at least once or twice a week. Don't drink so no problem.

As stated before, this guy wasn't carrying until he got butt hurt, didn't matter if there was a law or not, can't fix stupid!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Anyone else reminded of "Something About Mary" by the guy's hairdo? Case tests Ohio's guns-in-bars law | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com
    Stubborn and baren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    A lot of the comments in the first link are from people that are just as dumb as this guy! The bias in the story is just a little obvious to me.

Many States allow carry in bars without problems, heck, I carry in restaurants that serve at least once or twice a week. Don't drink so no problem.

As stated before, this guy wasn't carrying until he got butt hurt, didn't matter if there was a law or not, can't fix stupid!
    Anytime I see the name "Toby Hoover" in the local news, I skip over what it says. But for some reason Toby always gets a say when it is is about guns, and it is always that "guns are bad, okay."

Its true the same thing could have happened before the law went into effect, or he could of just done it illegally anyways. However, the new law was rather highly publicized in the state, usually in a negative manner by the media. And then this over-compensating tough guy decided to be a jack-wad right after the law got passed, and give the media ammo against all of us law abiding folks.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    O’Reilly, who police said had been drinking, was charged with aggravated menacing, ethnic intimidation, possession of a controlled substance (injectable testosterone) and illegal possession of a firearm in a liquor establishment.

I'm sure not taking this morons side...but what kind of a crime is "ethnic intimidation" ???????????????
    Last edited by Stubborn; October 14th, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's been legal for a couple of years now here, and we've had NO incidents at all. What is it in Ohio and Iowa lately ???
    Was there a full moon out ?
    baren likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links