Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati

This is a discussion on Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Case tests Ohio's guns-in-bars law | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com Like Sixto says, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." I guess this will be a test ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Moron drinks, gets in a bar altercation, and brandishes gun in Cincinnati

Case tests Ohio's guns-in-bars law | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Like Sixto says, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

I guess this will be a test case for the new law, I actually hope they throw the book at the guy, and revoke his license, if he has one. Although, the law seems to be working as intended. He broke the law by drinking and bringing his gun along, and now faces the new more severe penalties. He also had injectable testosterone in his vehicle, which he is being charged with.

I personally have carried into multiple liquor serving establishments since the law went into effect, and at no point, did I feel bloodlust. But I did enjoy my meals, without needing to worry about my firearm locked in the vehicle.

I may contact the business to express my displeasure with his statement that "Its not good for any small business to have people carrying firearms in." And that he will not be receiving my business anytime soon. But since I don't frequent bars very often anyways, he probably wouldn't get it anyways.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar

Here we go

I don't know if this is in the right place. This is the kind of stuff we don't need.

Man Drinking At Bar Accused Of Pulling Gun - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

VIP Member
    Ugh - he had a carry permit. 'Had' being the operative word.

He didn't even have a round in the chamber. He's lucky the other guy wasn't carrying. Whatta tool.

VIP Member
    He was a thug before any of this happened. He broke the law long before this, it just happened he finally got caught. Unfortunately it was in a bar.

O’Reilly was charged with aggravated menacing, violating CCW laws, ethnic intimidation and possession of a schedule III controlled substance. He is being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center pending a bond hearing.

Read more: Man Drinking At Bar Accused Of Pulling Gun - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati
    Bark'n likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Drinking and in possession of a controlled substance.

Nothing less than jail time for this idiot.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

A juiced up meat head, drinking and with a gun. Not a good combination. He'll have plenty of time to lift weights in jail. And he may get "injected" with more than testosterone. What a tool!
    paching, Guest1 and LongGoneDays like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have little tolerance for idiots. I have no use for him in my society. If they locked him up for life, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

I also believe the bar owner is being a little narrow minded in his knee-jerk reaction to start posting signs in the bar.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I seriously want to know where some of these people got there CHL classes at.

What a moron. Maybe he should of had a round chambered, for his Mexican Carry Glock.
    Guest1 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

He was drinking, so he was breaking the law anyway.
    This dirtbag is no different than any other dirtbag who would go into a bar with or without a CCW permit...drink too much...and pull a gun.
    The new law has nothing to do with this guy's actions.
    He needs some relaxation time...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    He was drinking, so he was breaking the law anyway.
    This dirtbag is no different than any other dirtbag who would go into a bar with or without a CCW permit...drink too much...and pull a gun.
    The new law has nothing to do with this guy's actions.
    He needs some relaxation time...
    The new law actually does have something to do with it, because he will now face a harsher sentence than under the old law.

It just sucks for all of us that follow the law, because they don't run a article every time I go into a restaurant that serves alcohol with my gun, and don't brandish it. So this is the new face of CHL carriers in the new law era, for the general public in the area.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

We should be able to publicly flog this a$$hat

In Utah you can drink while carrying, you just cannot be impaired or above .08 grams. I always teach that it is a bad idea to be carrying while drinking in any situation, for several reasons. I advise that even if you aren't drinking, carrying in bars is something that you should consider carefully, as altercations seem to happen more frequently in bars than in other places.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

This guy has no business with a gun, period!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Reading the story, I cannot see how the new Ohio law, or the guy's CHL has any relevance in what transpired. An apparently unarmed, intoxicated man became engaged in an altercation. He then went outside, retrieved a firearm and returned to the bar, gun in hand. No concealed carry transpired, drunken or otherwise. He was at no time operating under the auspices of the new bar/restaurant carry law. His actions certainly do not portray CHL holders in a favorable light, but they are not representative of the typical licensee.
    Majorlk likes this.

"Police say the incident occurred around 2 a.m. Wednesday when O’Reilly, who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, got into a heated argument with another man at the H&H Tavern on Ohio Avenue in Deer Park. They say O’Reilly, 25, walked out of the bar and returned a short time later with a .40-caliber semiautomatic Glock pistol in his hand."

So, we don't even know if he had the gun on him at the time. He could have gone out to his car and gotten a gun, just like any non-licensed criminal could. No one will point that out. Instead they'll use him to demonize other CHL holders. I hope they throw the book at him as well and set an example to other "not so bright" licensee's.

"Deer Park police Lt. Daniel McCormack said O’Reilly told police he tucked his gun into his waistband, without a holster, before entering the tavern."

Too bad he didn't shoot himself in the nuts. He would have taken himself out of the gene pool and kept CHL holders from getting a bad rap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links