CCW Denied, Oklahoma

This is a discussion on CCW Denied, Oklahoma within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by atctimmy OK, you're right. 100% fact is an overblown statement. You got me. Now let me rephrase. He WAS charged with check ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: CCW Denied, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    OK, you're right. 100% fact is an overblown statement. You got me.

Now let me rephrase. He WAS charged with check fraud. He was reqired to report it and he DIDN"T. He was denied for not reporting it. How exactly did the authorities get it wrong?
    By requiring something so stupid as listing out your entire arrest history. That is getting it wrong.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    By requiring something so stupid as listing out your entire arrest history. That is getting it wrong.
    Not to pick on your choice of words, but if you have a "entire arrest history" that implies more than one incident. A mistaken arrest can happen, once. Some bad judgment can happen once. When it occurs time and time again to create "an entire arrest history," just maybe the person with such a history should not be licensed.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Right.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

How many times you guys going to keep saying the same thing over and over, I think the OP has heard that opinion more than a few times.

I think it's more about, what now ? If you read the latest statements, he may have not known there was a conviction to it. I saw a lot of people that thought once they were on a diversion and completed it , that was it. But, they didn't realize that they had to go back to court so that it would be dismissed formally, and if not, it rolled into an instant conviction on their record.

So, you may be "assuming" something, that is quite wrong.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

So much for OK and SC being SHALL issue. Traffic tickets? Really? People complain about MA??? At least there if your not in an anti town, If your not a felon and have no domestic violence on your record, you'll get it. They already have your record, forcing you to remember and list something you were charged and not convicted of JUST so they have a reason to deny you is more anti then being a MAY issue state.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links