Local Tandy store is now posted in Wichita Ks.

This is a discussion on Local Tandy store is now posted in Wichita Ks. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have sent emails to the store and the corp office, but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this at their local stores. Its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Local Tandy store is now posted in Wichita Ks.

Local Tandy store is now posted in Wichita Ks.

I have sent emails to the store and the corp office, but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this at their local stores. Its one of the few places in our area to purchase leather.

Here is what I sent them.

To whom it may concern,

Today I went to the Wichita store to pick up supplies and noticed the new NO CCW gun sign in the window. I asked the person working when the sign went up and I was told last week. I asked what drove the decision to post the sign and I was told that police and others have been in the store brandishing their firearms. When I questioned how a Law enforcement officer could brandish a firearm, I was told that there were other people in the store who had guns and it was obvious they should not own a firearm.

It saddens me that your company would take this stance on the 2A, but also that you hold judgment on your customers and their perceived abilities based on how they look or act while in your store. This is discrimination and a very poor business practice.

Your sign will only keep law-abiding citizens with firearms out of your store and today I spent my last dollar there until the sign comes down.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The store here in Richmond isn't posted. I have a feeling it is the local managers decision. Do you know if the store is company owned, or a franchise store?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    I was told that police and others have been in the store brandishing their firearms.
    Methinks store management doesn't know the difference between "carrying" and "brandishing."

Good on you for conveying the right message to them, although one wonders how much good it will do.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Does the sign have any legal weight in KS?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The store here in Richmond isn't posted. I have a feeling it is the local managers decision. Do you know if the store is company owned, or a franchise store?
    I don't know which store he was in, but all the stores in the Wichita area are corporate. My local franchise has NRA stickers on the doors.

In other news: there are still Tandy stores in America. Who knew?

The sign is KS AG approved and it is a company store. MadMac, youre right there doesnt seem to be too many of them around any more. Next closest place to buy leather is in Springfield Mo. or to order it on line.

That store should remove the holster and mag holder kits from its inventory as well!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Tandy store in San Antonio isn't posted and they know I carry,showed tham a few holsters I have made over time,sounds like the Wichita store has an Anti as a manager.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That's too bad. I hope the store reverses the policy. It hasn't been that long that Tandy added to their holster line to take advantage of the increased demand for CC products. I hope it is just a local thing. I shop at Tandy once in a while. The nearest store is 48 miles away from my house, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    In other news: there are still Tandy stores in America. Who knew?
    We lost our Tandy store years ago, I miss it, while I'm no super skilled leatherworker, I have made many perfectly serviceable leather products from their kits and patterns in the past. Just another indication of society turning from self-sufficiency to ready-made.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Years ago, I was a Store Manager for Tandy Leather (Hutchinson, KS and St. Joseph, MO), but that was the OLD Tandy before they were bought out. Then, they were very pro gun. I'de hate to see that change.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Thanks for the education, I never knew that Tandy started in leather and evolved into Radio Shack. I was trying to figure out what the holster and mag carrier kit was all about.

Made me do some web mining to figure it out.

That's too bad, some of the Tandy stores I used to go to(before I started buying Hermann Oak back couple years ago), be in pretty rough neighborhoods I wouldn't not carry for anything there. Now I just carry all the time so all that would do is force me to get my supplies elsewhere. That said they really don't have anything I want or would use and their pricing is skyhigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    We lost our Tandy store years ago, I miss it, while I'm no super skilled leatherworker, I have made many perfectly serviceable leather products from their kits and patterns in the past. Just another indication of society turning from self-sufficiency to ready-made.
    I think it's more of an indication of that quality of the products and leather they are stocking. I know the few rigs I did use Tandy for before I started my business were best to be called serviceable, that said I've got zero use for them now at all. I'd rather see other companies who have good products and pride in their quality take the lead. Just my 2 cents based on the Tandy leather's that I've been in. Generally better service and products elsewhere unfortuntley not local(not that there is one within 500 miles of me now anyways).

Take care!

Luke

I believe it is a misdemeanor and $ 50.00 fine for first offense carrying past a sign.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links