Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

This is a discussion on Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm If carrying a CW in an establishment posted against it results in a felony in Ohio, well, that's crazy. Looks to ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 137
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,141
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If carrying a CW in an establishment posted against it results in a felony in Ohio, well, that's crazy. Looks to me like you need to spend more effort on changing crazy laws than worrying about what a private business establishment is doing.
    I am fairly certain it is a felony only when violated in establishments mandated by law, such as government buildings, schools, etc.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    New Member Array DepOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11
    Here is the email I just sent them.

    "I understand you have a policy in some areas to prohibit responsible citizens licensed by their state to carry concealed firearms in your establishments. I am a retired commanding officer of a sheriff's department and a police academy certfied firearms instructor, but no longer a law enforcement officer. As a civilian I have personally stopped 2 dangerous situations that were taking place in public establishments, one being a restaurant with someone to whom they served too much alcohol and began threatening people with a large hunting knife. It can happen anywhere and it is exactly why so many states now allow qualified, responsible people to carry firearms.

    One consideration you may not have thought of; if I were injured in one of your restaurants and had been prohibited from eating there unless I left my gun in my car, I would probably own that building and real estate in a short period of time, and I would advise other customers present that they could probably join me in the suit.

    These people have all had criminal background checks and training. How about treating your customers with the same respect the state shows them? When you do my friends and I will again patronize Applebees, and your restaurants will actually be more safe. If I were a bad guy and knew your policy, yours would be the first place I would hit."
    BioGLoCK23 and gunsnroses like this.
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum

  4. #18
    Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If carrying a CW in an establishment posted against it results in a felony in Ohio, well, that's crazy. Looks to me like you need to spend more effort on changing crazy laws than worrying about what a private business establishment is doing.
    Small bites at the elephant sir. We just got carry passed this year in places that serve after three years trying. It is only a felony in places that serve and post and you ignore the signage. All others that are not liquor serving it is a M1.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

  5. #19
    Ex Member Array BioGLoCK23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by DepOne View Post
    Here is the email I just sent them.

    "I understand you have a policy in some areas to prohibit responsible citizens licensed by their state to carry concealed firearms in your establishments. I am a retired commanding officer of a sheriff's department and a police academy certfied firearms instructor, but no longer a law enforcement officer. As a civilian I have personally stopped 2 dangerous situations that were taking place in public establishments, one being a restaurant with someone to whom they served too much alcohol and began threatening people with a large hunting knife. It can happen anywhere and it is exactly why so many states now allow qualified, responsible people to carry firearms.

    One consideration you may not have thought of; if I were injured in one of your restaurants and had been prohibited from eating there unless I left my gun in my car, I would probably own that building and real estate in a short period of time, and I would advise other customers present that they could probably join me in the suit.

    These people have all had criminal background checks and training. How about treating your customers with the same respect the state shows them? When you do my friends and I will again patronize Applebees, and your restaurants will actually be more safe. If I were a bad guy and knew your policy, yours would be the first place I would hit."
    It's good to see someone on an internet forum who can formulate a sentence, and thanks for contributing to the cause.

  6. #20
    Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I am fairly certain it is a felony only when violated in establishments mandated by law, such as government buildings, schools, etc.
    Add places that serve..if you ignore the signage ie: "concealed means concealed" and get caught you're done owning a gun.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

  7. #21
    Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    184
    Depone,

    Thanks!
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

  8. #22
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Every establishment has the right to post their premises as they see fit, and is a right I will respect. I have the right to frequent the establishments I choose, and is one I will exercise.
    That. Eat there, or eat elsewhere. The choice is yours.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  9. #23
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    I understand that, but this is more of the big picture of making them do the right thing...
    I'm guessing that you would not appreciate it if someone else elected themselves to be your moral compass. Enforcing your rights on others, only limits their rights. Their property, their place of business, their rules.
    Majorlk likes this.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  10. #24
    Moderator
    Array buckeye .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,595
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    Add places that serve..if you ignore the signage ie: "concealed means concealed" and get caught you're done owning a gun.
    I am fairly certain a place that serves and posts is now the same as any other place that is not a "forbidden carry zone" per the law. Which means it is not a felony.

    Now, if you carry your gun into a place that serves and consume alcohol, that is a felony.

    And I don't really like Applebees, plenty of places I like more around here that I haven't seen posted yet. But I'll give them a call. But generally I think that if a place likes to deprive me of the rights I fought overseas for on their property, I will respect that, and deprive them of my money.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

    Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

  11. #25
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You can crusade all you want, and I respect that, but you have to understand it's not against concealed carriers, it's a matter of insurance as well. Go in eat, be discreet and get out. No harm no foul.
    This is the worst kind of advice. The fact is that we should respect their rights to control their property. We are free to find CCW friendly establishments instead.

  12. #26
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Every establishment has the right to post their premises as they see fit, and is a right I will respect. I have the right to frequent the establishments I choose, and is one I will exercise.
    This is great advice. Please follow it.

  13. #27
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by DepOne View Post
    Here is the email I just sent them.

    "I understand you have a policy in some areas to prohibit responsible citizens licensed by their state to carry concealed firearms in your establishments. I am a retired commanding officer of a sheriff's department and a police academy certfied firearms instructor, but no longer a law enforcement officer. As a civilian I have personally stopped 2 dangerous situations that were taking place in public establishments, one being a restaurant with someone to whom they served too much alcohol and began threatening people with a large hunting knife. It can happen anywhere and it is exactly why so many states now allow qualified, responsible people to carry firearms.

    One consideration you may not have thought of; if I were injured in one of your restaurants and had been prohibited from eating there unless I left my gun in my car, I would probably own that building and real estate in a short period of time, and I would advise other customers present that they could probably join me in the suit.

    These people have all had criminal background checks and training. How about treating your customers with the same respect the state shows them? When you do my friends and I will again patronize Applebees, and your restaurants will actually be more safe. If I were a bad guy and knew your policy, yours would be the first place I would hit."
    You would not own that building and real estate. As you decided to enter the establishment of your own free will and with knowledge that you could not carry a gun. The fact is that the business owner is not responsible for the actions of a criminal who enters their establishment.
    tacman605 likes this.

  14. #28
    Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    184
    If no voice is expressed nothing will change in any thing. We should voice ourselves to buisnesses that discriminate.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

  15. #29
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    If no voice is expressed nothing will change in any thing. We should voice ourselves to buisnesses that discriminate.
    When your in someone elses home you should follow there rules. Its been the law of the land and will continue to be. You should find another establishment to eat in.

    Here is a good example. You come into my home with muddy shoes, I ask you to take them off, you do not at that point you have to leave. My house, my rules. This establishment decided to do the same thing. No really much of a difference is there?
    Majorlk likes this.

  16. #30
    Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    When your in someone elses home you should follow there rules. Its been the law of the land and will continue to be. You should find another establishment to eat in.

    Here is a good example. You come into my home with muddy shoes, I ask you to take them off, you do not at that point you have to leave. My house, my rules. This establishment decided to do the same thing. No really much of a difference is there?
    Ahh but there is the rub. Their house "Apple American" is saying they post all their franchises. They don't. They can't. Some states don't have force of law that allows it. They are just picking ones in Ohio and saying no. The franchisee is being disingenous in their statement of why. Saying uniformity of policy.

    If your OK with that then fine.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

applebee's gun policy
,

applebee's weapons policy

,

applebees concealed carry

,

applebees gun policy

,
applebees gun policy in ohio
,
can you ccw in ohio at applebees if they have a no gun sign posted
,

cpz sign

,

jerry driscoll applebees

,

ohio no weapons sign

,

post in a conspicuous place

,

raven concealment

,
www postin.no
Click on a term to search for related topics.