Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP - Page 4

Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

This is a discussion on Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Criminal trespassing is an M4, not an M1. Aggravated criminal trespassing is the M1, and is as follows: "2911.211 Aggravated trespass. ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Criminal trespassing is an M4, not an M1. Aggravated criminal trespassing is the M1, and is as follows:
    "2911.211 Aggravated trespass.
    (A) No person shall enter or remain on the land or premises of another with purpose to commit on that land or those premises a misdemeanor, the elements of which involve causing physical harm to another person or causing another person to believe that the offender will cause physical harm to him.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of aggravated trespass, a misdemeanor of the first degree.

Effective Date: 11-05-1992"
    You are in jeopardy for the M1 as the*prosecutor can argue you having the gun is the threat. I am not saying it is a given but it can be argued.
    Knowingly violate the sign either M1 or M4 and you loose your CHL.

Right now we have a prosecutor arguing that a CHLee didn't notify promptly even though he twice tried and was told to shut up by a LEO. Caught on tape but still he is prosecuting the guy.

I'm not risking M1 or M4. I prefer removal the sign.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    And you are a felon and loose your right to own a gun forever if you choose to go in and get caught.
    Is it seriously a felony for violating a posting?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Is it seriously a felony for violating a posting?
    If you drink and violate it yes it is a felony. One that will garner a disability to own a firearm.

For violating the sign with out drinking only M4 or possible M1 depending on the prosecutors zeal. Either of the last two gets your license pulled.
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    If you drink and violate it yes it is a felony. One that will garner a disability to own a firearm.

For violating the sign with out drinking only M4 or possible M1 depending on the prosecutors zeal. Either of the last two gets your license pulled.
    Do you know the section of the ORC which mandates CHL suspension for an misdemeanor trespass charge?

Our State finally changed that, by making in a $50 fine, 2nd time $100 fine.

It's good that Company's know, whoever and whereever they are, that we as citizens will stand up for our rights, and make it clear that by posting..... they will be losing our business. Hit them where it hurts, the pocket book and bad press.
    They were posted here, but aren't now ......... they were losing too much business. However, as a result, I still won't go there, so some customers they will never recover, and they know that can happen and hurt the bottom line.

Ohio of all places, seem to be trying to get the state off the liberal anti-gun band wagon and in sync more with other states. Any support we can give them, I"m all for.... we're all in this together in that sense. The Kroeger situation is a great example... we all jumped into that even though it started elsewhere, but because they also own Kwik Shops here ...(numerous states away), guess what.... they told all of their Kwik Shops here to take down their signs. So, we also benefited .... when we had not been able to get them to do squat locally.

Applebees is national, and their Corp offices' need to know, we are paying attention to it.... all over the USA, even if it did start in Ohio.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I fully understand your concern, but we still have property rights in this country. If the owner doesnt want guns in his/her establishment then so be it, we have the right to eat elsewhere.

Just open a business and see how many local, state and federal regulations you have to follow, can you have a store wit only 3 foot wide isles, can you bar racial or ethnic groups, can you have a non ADA bathroom, can you have a curb without a wheelchair ramp etc etc etc

HELL in a couple years can you have incandescent lights in your own house?!

Businesses that are open to the public give up a number of "property rights"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Do you know the section of the ORC which mandates CHL suspension for an misdemeanor trespass charge?
    If memory serves it is 2923.128

IIRC once you plea or are convicted under any part of 2923.126 (posted as no guns)the sheriff pulls it. Those would be either m4 or m1.

I don't think a simple on a posted general no trespass property is the same punishment as far as CHL but I may be wrong there. I think that may be a m4 but it isn't a no guns post. i think there might be a difference in CHL.
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Signs don't make a difference in FL.

Personally I have never liked that place, I just don't like their food.

I've been protesting Applebees for years by not eating at bland corporate chains.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Life in Orlando

Tell any manager that supports this idiocy to call any one of the 12 Applebee's in the Orlando, Florida, area, and ask them about thier policy.

Maitland, FL 32751 (407) 475-0207

12103 Collegiate Way, Orlando, FL 32817 (407) 282-2055

13500 John Young Parkway, Orlando, FL 32837 (407) 206-5039

13351 SR 535, Orlando, FL 32821 (321) 395-4074

7055 County Road 46A, Lake Mary, FL 32746 (407) 444-9930

2060 E. Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744 (407) 348-2810

4759 Irlo Bronson Memorial Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (407) 397-2288

14990 E Orange Lake Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (407) 465-5506

200 Ambersweet Way, Davenport, FL 33897 (863) 424-7900

15351 US Highway 441, Eustis, FL 32726 (352) 357-2180

No restaurant in this tourist capital posts. The sell booze, and you can drink and carry, if you want (as long as you do not sit at the bar). We have had concealed carry since 1987, and the parking lots have never run with blood.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I agree with pleasantguywhopacks and Gforty. Let them know why they are losing business. Just do it firmly, but respectfully. Simply not patronizing doesn't cut it because they don't get the message. While it is rare for me to eat at an Applebees, I can't say that I don't on occasion, especially when traveling.

As far as the "property rights" argument for business that cater to the general public, I don't buy it. A business open to the public is NOT your HOME. When you conduct business that is open to the public, you must accept and operate in accordance with a lot of regulations in the public interest.

As I need to go to the post office today anyway, I am going to send the corporation a written letter on this subject voicing my complaint. The citizens of Ohio fought long and hard to get this law passed and it is one that I would like to see passed in my home state (it almost was, but was pulled at the 11th hour). I will be damned if I am going to idly stand by while some anti-numb-nuts throw up a stinking sign without protest.
    Gforty likes this.

Thanks!
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

VIP Member
    While there are many laws, rules and regulations that govern public establishments many are privately owned or operated. They have the absolute right to say what goes on in their place of business.

As far as boycotting I will not even begin to list the Actors, musicians, medical organizations, educational organizations, restaurants, food producers, unions all who are anti gun. Yep an individual restaurant will take all your letters, calls and so on and file them as they see fit, but as someone has already stated everyone here does not like applebees and they state they do not eat there so it really will not do much to them unless all of a sudden you magically like their food and start going there.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I'm with you PleasentGuy. Where people gather and are disarmed is a set-up for a disaster. One only has to look as far as the Luby massacre to know this. It essentially changed Texas law and IMO was the starting point for ccw across the nation. Luby's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have family that live in Cincinnati and when I go to visit and we eat out, those places that mandate me to disarm (non class D and prior to SB17) I normally leave a "No guns NO money" card (from OFCC) inside the check folder with my signed CC and tip receipt.

Reading threads like this just make me realize how good the carry law is here in MN. Feel bad for some of you folks.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links