Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

This is a discussion on Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "I have family that live in Cincinnati and when I go to visit and we eat out, those places that mandate me to disarm (non ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

"I have family that live in Cincinnati and when I go to visit and we eat out, those places that mandate me to disarm (non class D and prior to SB17) I normally leave a "No guns NO money" card (from OFCC) inside the check folder with my signed CC and tip receipt. "

"G-N-R not being mean but is this not like closing the barn door after the horses are already out? This is just me but I dont think the fact that you leave a business card in the check folder saying that you will not spend your money there as you are spending your money there will make any great impression. "

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    No, your not being mean at all. Its a good question. The family I dine with are not ccw, so it a bit awkward for me to say "we cant go there" and then have to explain why. Leaving a card is just my little activism I do for Ohio while I'm there. Also, concealed is Concealed
    +1 not very effective! If you can't tell family "hey, they are anti-gun, let's go over to Mom-n-Pop Diner" - really? Everyone I know, knows I hunt & shoot, and most don't know I CCW and would not automatically assume "she's packin" so no need to oust yourself, but sticking to your convictions at the same time. Convictions shouldn't be wishy-washy. Plus I don't want to reward an anti business by giving them my money, by "sticking it to him" by still carrying even tho its posted. Geesh. Get serious or quit whining, with the little card "OK this time you got my $, but really, no more..."

And if it's not family or good friends, as soon as you see the posting, just suddenly get a stomach ache or remember the project that you have to do right now - "excuse me" & leave.

And yes, do tell businesses why you do not patronize them, as stated in another post.
    Stubborn and Gunnutty like this.

2. Remove Ads

Why don't you just "Cram-It" MountainAir?

Just because I carry a gun for my protection and the protection of my loved ones doesn't automatically mean that I have to be a outspoken advocate for the cause. There are people out there that do that way better then I could ever do.

....and maybe I fly to Cincinnati to spend some short time with my family for other reason other then guns or politics. So you can "Cram" that comment too.

If I can leave a little something to perhaps make someone think about the issue, I feel that is good. Because really, I'm not obligated to do anything other then follow the law!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainair

[B
    +1 not very effective! If you can't tell family "hey, they are anti-gun, let's go over to Mom-n-Pop Diner" - really? Everyone I know, knows I hunt & shoot, and most don't know I CCW and would not automatically assume "she's packin" so no need to oust yourself, but sticking to your convictions at the same time.[/B]
    Convictions shouldn't be wishy-washy. Plus I don't want to reward an anti business by giving them my money, by "sticking it to him" by still carrying even tho its posted. Geesh. Get serious or quit whining, with the little card "OK this time you got my $, but really, no more..."
    And yes, do tell businesses why you do not patronize them, as stated in another post.
    AMEN !!!

I'm glad to see someone "gets it".
    Anti's don't get my money... I'm not going to fund the enemy.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

oh my. well, guess that hit a nerve...
    I think I will refrain from commenting on letting other people advocate for our rights and I'll just exit with my convictions, guns & politics, all of which go everywhere I go (except schools & post office). Chill GNR

yeah right whatever. I think you are a Troll

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Regardless, eat elsewhere, Applebee's is a poor excuse for a dining establishment.
    I have been boycotting Applebee's since my first visit.

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    So far signs have been posted just inside the breezeway on the offending locations. That in itself is kinda dirty. Basically making you break the law before you find out.

Keep up the pressure.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    So far signs have been posted just inside the breezeway on the offending locations. That in itself is kinda dirty. Basically making you break the law before you find out.

Keep up the pressure.
    Are they the standard CPZ signs, or the ones unique to liquor establishments?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Unlike TX and some other states, Ohio has no standard for signs, not the look of the sign, the content of the sign, the size of the sign, where the sign is posted, etc. Minature translucent signs posted at ankle height on every other door and/or a hand written sign on a 3x5 card set on the customer service counter in the rear of the store are valid postings in Ohio. This is a law we need to fix.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

It is the standard Ohio AG recommended sign of certain size that must be displayed in a conspicuous place.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Unlike TX and some other states, Ohio has no standard for signs, not the look of the sign, the content of the sign, the size of the sign, where the sign is posted, etc. Minature translucent signs posted at ankle height on every other door and/or a hand written sign on a 3x5 card set on the customer service counter in the rear of the store are valid postings in Ohio. This is a law we need to fix.
    Not quite. This one does not prohibit CHL holders from carrying in a liquor establishment:
    http://www.com.ohio.gov/liqr/docs/LIQR_firearm.pdf
    This one does:
    http://ohioceasefire.org/images/ocag...one_poster.pdf

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    It is the standard Ohio AG recommended sign of certain size that must be displayed in a conspicuous place.

That is the one that counts. Thanks.

Unfortunately Mike...I know that sign all too well.

VIP Member
    Not quite. This one does not prohibit CHL holders from carrying in a liquor establishment:
    http://www.com.ohio.gov/liqr/docs/LIQR_firearm.pdf
    This one does:
    http://ohioceasefire.org/images/ocag...one_poster.pdf
    Mike - you are correct that the AG's sign does work, but it is not the only sign that works and the location can be anywhere in the establishment, not just on an entry door. Common sense would indicate that signs be standardized and posted on all entry doors to have the weight of law. The AG's sign is a good sign, but it is not required that the establishment use that sign.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Mike - you are correct that the AG's sign does work, but it is not the only sign that works and the location can be anywhere in the establishment, not just on an entry door. Common sense would indicate that signs be standardized and posted on all entry doors to have the weight of law. The AG's sign is a good sign, but it is not required that the establishment use that sign.
    Nope <shaking head> !!! It has to be conspicuous upon entering.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Links