Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

This is a discussion on Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP I'll be posting this on Buckeye Firearms Association, OFCC, Defensive carry, The Firing Line and ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar

I'll be posting this on Buckeye Firearms Association, OFCC, Defensive carry, The Firing Line and XD Talk.

Please feel free to copy and cross-post this to your favorite gun forums:

On September 30th 2011 SB17 took effect in Ohio, allowing concealed carry in places that serve alcohol providing the carrier doesn't consume or isn't under the influence when entering.

Applebees franchise restaurants under "Apple American" have decided to post their establishments in Ohio. Their (Apple American) other franchise restaurants in other states that allow carry have not posted.

In correspondence with them they are saying,

"Our company did take the time to review our policy and we have decided to maintain our existing policy with respect to firearms in all states in which we operate. We find that maintaining consistent policies makes it easier for us to focus on great food and service."

This response is clearly disingenuous!

Apple American do not post in other states they have franchises and corporate doesn't in Michigan, Georgia, Florida, West Virgina, Indiana, Virginia, Kentucky, Texas, Tennessee and Delaware. I'm sure there are other states with restaurant carry but these are the current list we have compiled.

Having reciprocity is a huge boon to concealed carry, so following that, using the power of concealed carrier unity as a great tool, please show your displeasure with Applebees, no matter what state you live in, by contacting them and expressing that you do not care for the discrimination between state franchises and you will withhold your patronage until it is resolved. Please put pressure on corporate to tell their franchises to follow corporate policy which is to follow state law. That would be allowing licensed carry providing one doesn't drink as in the case of Ohio law.

Why would you want to go to a state and have to worry that you can't carry in a restaurant that you visit in your home state? Force Applebees corporate to get Apple American to take down the signs in Ohio.

We did a similar protest with Krogers with great effect just a few short months ago. Please make this a win for law-abiding concealed carry across the United States.

Guest relations toll-free
    1-888-59APPLE
    (1-888-592-7753)
    Email client contact form here
    Applebee's - There's No Place Like The Neighborhood
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

Well, anyone who legally carries a weapon, should eat elsewhere! That would also give them more time to concentrate on good food and service. Let the profits go elsewhere also.
    dV8r, Stubborn and Spade115 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, anyone who legally carries a weapon, should eat elsewhere! That would also give them more time to concentrate on good food and service. Let the profits go elsewhere also.
    Yep, im sure there are other places in ohio were you can get a burger....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Regardless, eat elsewhere, Applebee's is a poor excuse for a dining establishment.
    rammerjammer and Spade115 like this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I understand that, but this is more of the big picture of making them do the right thing. We are not asking you to eat there. We are asking you to call and complain. Using the power of the whole.
    sliponby likes this.
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    I understand that, but this is more of the big picture of making them do the right thing. We are not asking you to eat there. We are asking you to call and complain. Using the power of the whole.
    I fully understand your concern, but we still have property rights in this country. If the owner doesnt want guns in his/her establishment then so be it, we have the right to eat elsewhere.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

You have to right to protest as well. I think this protest is warrented granted this franchisee is picking and choosing where to post.
    Spec likes this.
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

You can crusade all you want, and I respect that, but you have to understand it's not against concealed carriers, it's a matter of insurance as well. Go in eat, be discreet and get out. No harm no foul.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

It isn't about insurance in Ohio. The law provides immunity either way. If you post or not.

And you are a felon and loose your right to own a gun forever if you choose to go in and get caught.
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    You have to right to protest as well. I think this protest is warrented granted this franchisee is picking and choosing where to post.
    Yes you can, but it still boils down to property rights. I am all for making a statement, I wish you luck with that.

If this franchisee were posting every one of its places in every state I would agree. But that isn't what they are doing. They are not posting their franchises in other states. And then the lie about it saying its about uniformity in policy.
    OFCC Patron
    Life Member NRA

If carrying a CW in an establishment posted against it results in a felony in Ohio, well, that's crazy. Looks to me like you need to spend more effort on changing crazy laws than worrying about what a private business establishment is doing.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Signage holds no weight in my state, nor any of our adjacent states.

I can't recall the last time I got "frisked", or had to pass through a metal detector upon entering a restaurant. And, I'm not afraid of being asked to leave. Many corporate polices are made via consultation with a business's legal advisers. They do this so if a person or persons get shot inside of an Applebee's, the company can say "we have a no firearms policy in order to protect our customers, the suspect just chose violate that policy." It's very possible that the manager and employees have no intention of monitoring or enforcing said policy.

I think its a C.Y.A. move in response to our litigation happy society.
    Majorlk likes this.

VIP Member
    Every establishment has the right to post their premises as they see fit, and is a right I will respect. I have the right to frequent the establishments I choose, and is one I will exercise.
    Sky Pilot likes this.

I don't know what the restaurant business is like in Ohio but in my neck of the woods it's pretty competetive. There are no shortages of places for me to choose from to dine out. In short, Applebee's needs me more than I need them. They are not posted in my town but if they were I wouldn't waste any time trying to convince them of anything. I would simply move on to any one of many others out there to choose from. In truth I have never seen a restaurant posted in my area.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links