E-mail and reply from McDonald's - Page 2

E-mail and reply from McDonald's

This is a discussion on E-mail and reply from McDonald's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well they won't get any of my McBucks ; ) H/D...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: E-mail and reply from McDonald's

Well they won't get any of my McBucks ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    McDonalds response letter is hilarious (in a very sad way) in that it does not even remotely address archer51's original letter to them. It's like a completely canned response to a completely different letter. It's almost as if it was written by someone in government.
    That is because it is a computer generated response driven by a "dirty word search" that references it to a standard form-letter type response.

McDonalds doesn't have enough corporate employees to read even a fraction of the email they receive. Try responding to the email they sent you; after 4-5 go-rounds, it will make it to a live individual (although possibly in an overseas call center) who will possibly give you some response other then from their approved FAQ reponses.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Pure Savages. He cares if the cashier had a rap sheet. It's not like he went out of his way to beat the girls asses. They attacked him and he defended himself. End of story. Like another poster said Corporate WHORES!
    Unfortunately for the cashier his previous conviction will only help the girls in court, it will also be used by their attorney to damage him further. Also it's not clear what was going on under the counter, but it appears as though he was delivering blows after the threat had been eliminated. This will be used against him as well.

As someone said previously, he probably took it too far. That being said, how do we know if those trolls weren't swinging at him behind the counter? I feel bad for him. He "paid his debt" to society for his previous crime, and now he will be made to pay it again in this case. IMHO, if you attack someone, there should be no such thing as the person defending them self "going too far."

Where is the line drawn? How much self-defense is too much? Who makes that decision? And can anyone know exactly where that line is during the heat of battle?

It looks to me like the McDonald's employee kept striking until they were no longer a threat. One of the trolls got a fractured skull. Maybe that will teach her not to gratuitously attack other people. But probably not. Especially not since our bleeding-heart court system likes to reward criminals for acting as they do.

Just my $.02
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

so ,,,,you want frie's with your mcFracture sorry couldnt help it

Where is the line drawn? How much self-defense is too much? Who makes that decision? And can anyone know exactly where that line is during the heat of battle?
    This. A thousand times this. From the reports I read (as the video is inconclusive) is appears he was hitting them not while they were down, but as they tried to get back up.
    In other words, he subdued them, and when they tried to get up and continue to fight, he made sure they didn't. I don't know about them bleedin' heart liberals, but that sounds like self defense to me.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    This attack is talked about in another thread and someone on that thread said that his response was that the woman that attacked him threatened to stab him before she hit him.

I think the woman that has the fracture is also thought to have incured traumatic brain injury and if that's the case she will draw a disability check + medical card if she doesn't win a big settlement from McDonald's.

I also agree that McDondald's doesn't care about their employees and they must teach this to their employees as well. Did you notice that when these women were attacking the cashier, not one employee intervened and tried to help? They were yelling for McIntosh to stop beating the woman but that was after she attacked him and never once did they try to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    This attack is talked about in another thread and someone on that thread said that his response was that the woman that attacked him threatened to stab him before she hit him.

I think the woman that has the fracture is also thought to have incured traumatic brain injury and if that's the case she will draw a disability check + medical card if she doesn't win a big settlement from McDonald's.

I also agree that McDondald's doesn't care about their employees and they must teach this to their employees as well. Did you notice that when these women were attacking the cashier, not one employee intervened and tried to help? They were yelling for McIntosh to stop beating the woman but that was after she attacked him and never once did they try to help him.

While that's true, keep in mind that in the original post there were not to many, if any members of this forum that said they would have intervened prior to the point where both women were down and the beating continued. Given that some members on this forum are trained for these situations and most of us have at least thought about or seen simular situations I'm not so sure we should expect better from McDonalds employees. Granted they are paid to protect the companies profits, at least through proper register protcol. I would think though that the fact that the original attack was against a "team member" as McDonalds likes to call them would have garnerd a little support.

VIP Member
    The woman with the head injury received the blow to the head while she was still the aggressor. You can clearly see that her head gets in the way of a blow aimed for the other woman's shoulder. She then goes down like a puppet when it's strings are cut. She made her choices and now has to live with the results.

I really think that Rayon has a chance to win in court. I don't see all 12 members of ANY jury convicting him of anything. If I were on the jury it would hang FOR SURE. Go Rayon!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

tts
    Can you post a link to the video?

"I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    While that's true, keep in mind that in the original post there were not to many, if any members of this forum that said they would have intervened prior to the point where both women were down and the beating continued. Given that some members on this forum are trained for these situations and most of us have at least thought about or seen simular situations I'm not so sure we should expect better from McDonalds employees. Granted they are paid to protect the companies profits, at least through proper register protcol. I would think though that the fact that the original attack was against a "team member" as McDonalds likes to call them would have garnerd a little support.
    Very true. In my original post, I said that I might intervene but I didn't know if I would or not. Most likely, I'd call 911 while going out of the door.

I think alot of us hesitate to intervene because of the legal ramifications and perhaps the McDonald's employees didn't intervene because they were afraid of loosing their job? I don't know. Overall it was a very bad situation and I'm glad that I wasn't there and had to make a decision either way.

Perhaps they didn't intervene because it all happened so fast and I was too quick to point the finger at them for their lack of response. At the same time, however, I get very disappointed in people not helping another when they are in need. There was a news story out last week. It was a very young child lying in the street and the video showed people walking around him/her(?) making no attempt to stop and help. I think it might have taken place in Japan but this isn't exclusive to the far East. There are other examples found in psychology where others have done the same thing in the past...i.e., woman in NY attacked in street and no one would help (in the late 60s, I believe).

VIP Member
    Saw the vid. just now.

Cannot believe the idiotic newspeople when they said, "He", the employee attacked "them", the real attackers in this, the video I saw.
    Did he go to far?
    I dunno.

Could this be a case of, "why did you shoot more than once into your attacker?" syndrome.

Who's to judge when the threat is down and no longer a threat?
    They{the females} are pigs, and I agree that they probably have criminal records.
    They are to blame for the whole incident.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The women received what they wanted to dish out. They attacked someone badder than they were. You get what you get because you so what you do. I hope the McEmployee isn't charged with a crime, as he was defending himself.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    As someone said previously, he probably took it too far. That being said, how do we know if those trolls weren't swinging at him behind the counter? I feel bad for him. He "paid his debt" to society for his previous crime, and now he will be made to pay it again in this case. IMHO, if you attack someone, there should be no such thing as the person defending them self "going too far."

It looks to me like the McDonald's employee kept striking until they were no longer a threat. One of the trolls got a fractured skull. Maybe that will teach her not to gratuitously attack other people. But probably not. Especially not since our bleeding-heart court system likes to reward criminals for acting as they do.

Just my $.02
    Probably not. What she learned is that for the grand total of a month stay in the local hospital she can get a $10M bonus upon exit.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links