E-mail and reply from McDonald's

This is a discussion on E-mail and reply from McDonald's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Below is the e-mail I sent to McDonald's in reference to the incident at the Greenwich Village McDonald's. I'm surprised they even bothered to send ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: E-mail and reply from McDonald's

VIP Member

Angry E-mail and reply from McDonald's

Below is the e-mail I sent to McDonald's in reference to the incident at the Greenwich Village McDonald's. I'm surprised they even bothered to send me their canned reply. They truly showed their love of the almighty dollar with their comments. Especially about their commitment to the safety of their customers. You notice there is no concern for their employees. I'm not going to miss them. Only thing I went for was their breakfasts and their fries. I'll learn to like someone else's.

Title: Mr.
    First Name: Richard
    Last Name: XXXX
    Mailing Address: XXXX XXXXX XX

City: Henrico
    State: VA
    Zip: 23238
    Day Phone: 804-XXX-XXXX
    Evening Phone: 804-XXX-XXXX
    Contact Time:
    Your E-mail Address: archer51@XXXXXXXXXXX
    Comment: I am appalled at the stance McDonald's is taking in the New York beating incident. Your franchise manger as well as the corporate representative threw the cashier under the bus. Trying to wash their hands of the situation. They show compassion for the 2 thugs that instigated the situation.

Let's look at what happened. The 2 women instigated the situation. They both verbally and physically assaulted the cashier. They leaped over the counter and pursued him. There is something known as disparity of force. 2 on 1 constitutes disparity. Females have proven themselves to be as, if not more vicious than men many times. While he may have over reacted, once they were down, he is not the one who instigated the attack. Women need to realize, if they are going to play a mans game, they need to be prepared to pay the mans price.

I for one, will no longer cross under the Golden Arches.

Hello Richard:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's.

The violence in this video is alarming and reprehensible. The franchisee of this restaurant has told us that the individual involved no longer works for her organization. We strive to ensure that our McDonald's restaurants are safe and welcoming for our customers. Our franchisee is fully cooperating with authorities in the investigation.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Amy
    McDonald's Customer Response Center
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The response is about what I expected. McDonalds is a corporate whore that will do anything for a buck. Like you, I have enjoyed their breakfasts, but that can be replaced by another vendor. Not much there is particularly healthy for you anyway, so, who knows, I could loose some weight by seeking alternatives.

FWIW, the employee (ex-employee) defended himself, then went above and beyond what was reasonable when the gals were downed. This could turn out to be like the pharmacist case where he did OK, then came back for more and got jail time for that. Time will tell.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I agree he apparently over reacted (can't tell what the women were doing while down), but he did not leave and then come back. His actions were all during the heat of the confrontation.

I also realize he has a record with a manslaughter conviction and had recently been released. He may have been one of the few that was actually trying to go straight. At least he was holding a job, and not a burden on the system. I don't foresee anything good coming for him out of this.

Unfortunately the women will probably get a large settlement from McDonald's and piss it away on booze and drugs. IMO they should spend years behind bars for assault and battery as well as the other charges filed against them.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You have to remember that you have to cease and desist when the threat is removed, like the old saying, "Don't beat a dead horse!"
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I agree he apparently over reacted (can't tell what the women were doing while down), but he did not leave and then come back. His actions were all during the heat of the confrontation.

I also realize he has a record with a manslaughter conviction and had recently been released. He may have been one of the few that was actually trying to go straight. At least he was holding a job, and not a burden on the system. I don't foresee anything good coming for him out of this.

Unfortunately the women will probably get a large settlement from McDonald's and piss it away on booze and drugs. IMO they should spend years behind bars for assault and battery as well as the other charges filed against them.
    The sad thing is you are probably right plus they will be complaining how they were victimized by a McDonald’s employee on every talk show the can get on.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I suspect that part of the settlement will be no talk shows.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    We strive to ensure that our McDonald's restaurants are safe and welcoming for our customers.
    What is clear is that they don't give a Mc'darn about their employees.
    Last edited by noway2; October 19th, 2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Language

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    While I admit he took it a couple of whacks too far... Act like an animal, get beat down like an animal. Too bad the guy had a previous record that will surely come into play.

Pure Savages. He cares if the cashier had a rap sheet. It's not like he went out of his way to beat the girls asses. They attacked him and he defended himself. End of story. Like another poster said Corporate WHORES!
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    What is clear is that they don't give a Mc'darn about their employees.
    Very true and very well said

I have never been a real big customer of any fast food places.

But is not only Mickey D's .

All large and small even mom and pop places could careless if employee lives or dies .

I know this first hand

Very sad I really dont have the answer.

Should the employee that goes by the rules and dont fight back

Get to " own " Mickey D's if hurt real bad or killed.

Whats the answer

If McDonalds has McNo-Weapons-for-employees/customers policy,

then we the people should spend zero McDollars at their stores.
    ArPacker likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

Maybe McD's will pay them in funny fifty's.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Maybe they could name a sandwich after them. The Double McWhip-ass.
    JoJoGunn and DefConGun like this.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

McDonalds response letter is hilarious (in a very sad way) in that it does not even remotely address archer51's original letter to them. It's like a completely canned response to a completely different letter. It's almost as if it was written by someone in government.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    This isn't like me, but I do feel bad for the young man that beat the crap out of them.

I picture a troubled youth with anger issues trying to suck it up and earn some honest money, only to be attacked by those two trolls.

He's obviously no angel, but neither was I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links