Erie County Permit Upgrade DENIED!!

This is a discussion on Erie County Permit Upgrade DENIED!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Your state's "may issue" status bears little resemblance to that of New York, or most of the other ones. Alabama and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Erie County Permit Upgrade DENIED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Your state's "may issue" status bears little resemblance to that of New York, or most of the other ones. Alabama and Delaware are the only two which honor my permits.
    Don't want to burst any bubbles but Alabama does not honor your permit, assuming that it is an Ohio permit.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    Don't want to burst any bubbles but Alabama does not honor your permit, assuming that it is an Ohio permit.
    The bubble is fine. I also have Pennsylvania and New Hampshire non-resident permits.

The bubble is fine. I also have Pennsylvania and New Hampshire non-resident permits.
    All of these permits are good in the great state of Missouri.
    "A man has a right to protect his property and his life"
    Robert Duvall
    Open Range

I am so glad I live in a free state. Good luck!

It is very frustrating, the wife and myself have had the the same issue the first time we applied for our Mass non-resident permits. They came back with the the same restractions that your NY permit has. The wife and myself wrote 2 letters each to the director of the unit. The restrictions were lifted after that. I was fully prepared to write a letter a week.

You are correct when you say "Im pretty sure the BG's arent worried about permits or restrictions" You know they are not worried, I know they are not, and the people that are Issuing your permit know it as well. It all boils down to control and since they can't control what the BG's do, they are going to control what the law abiding person will or will not do.

just my two cents on the matter
    spike
    NRA Life member:
    Maine Non Resident Permit
    New Hampshire Resident Permit
    Connecticut Non Resident Permit
    Utah Non Resident Permit
    Mass Non Resident Permit

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    ...It all boils down to control and since they can't control what the BG's do, they are going to control what the law abiding person will or will not do.

just my two cents on the matter
    spike
    BRAVO! This is one of the most astute observations of bureaucratical purpose that I've ever read.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I don't know which permits you have,but IIRC Texas honors every other states permits
    I don't think you are correct. My West Virginia permit is not honored in Texas.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Your state's "may issue" status bears little resemblance to that of New York, or most of the other ones. Alabama and Delaware are the only two which honor my permits.
    Yea I am figuring that out. I don't understand New York gun laws which is what why I was asking. Here, if you are issued a permit, it is "unrestricted" save for any the county sheriff (of the county you live in) puts on the permit. For instance, I know of some counties that do not allow carry to anyplace that serves alcohol (not mine thank God), but otherwise is "unrestricted".

I live in Ohio and went to Erie,Pa in August, applied on a thursday and received my PA CCL in the following tuesdays mail. I just checked it for restrictions, couldn't find any. It shows my reason to carry is for self defense. Maybe they felt sorry for me since I'm in a wheelchair.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Good God man! Even California doesn't require a permit to carry on your own property. yet
    You Don't understand - In NY you need a PERMIT just to POSSESS a Handgun.

And the county judges who issue the permits can basically DO what they Want..........
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsbacker View Post
    I live in Ohio and went to Erie,Pa in August, applied on a thursday and received my PA CCL in the following tuesdays mail. I just checked it for restrictions, couldn't find any. It shows my reason to carry is for self defense. Maybe they felt sorry for me since I'm in a wheelchair.
    I got mine by mail, in very short order from the time I applied. Now I believe on has to appear in person.

WWelch, Might I suggest you start carring alot of targets and several 100 rounds of ammo when you are carrying. That way you could say your intent was to stop and target shoot.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vinixd View Post
    Waiting on 5 years is some bull!!! Check to see if there is an appeal process you look into. This county sounds like they want to keep firearms away from most citizens. Another idea if you do not get anywhere is to contact NRA and inquire about what action can be taken to help change these restrictions. It may be time for some change!!!
    Well the ruling that was just handed down by NYS Supreme Court doesn't help either. There was a court case in Westchester in which the plaintiff sued the county over restrictions on his permit; citing the Heller case. The court ruled that the restrictions placed on one's pistol permit are valid and are enforceable. So the hope of getting unrestricted licenses has diminished. Some counties in Northern NY do issue unrestricted permits and those towns usually have lower populations. And to boot and NYS pistol license which they all are is not valid in NYC without an approval stamp from the NYPD.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Well the ruling that was just handed down by NYS Supreme Court doesn't help either. There was a court case in Westchester in which the plaintiff sued the county over restrictions on his permit; citing the Heller case. The court ruled that the restrictions placed on one's pistol permit are valid and are enforceable. So the hope of getting unrestricted licenses has diminished. Some counties in Northern NY do issue unrestricted permits and those towns usually have lower populations. And to boot and NYS pistol license which they all are is not valid in NYC without an approval stamp from the NYPD.
    Move to a new state. NYS seems to be in the top 5 on gun unfriendly states anyways. OR, get yourself and about 10 million like minded individuals to vote out the current law makers in congress.

Seems the current yahoos forgot about the second part of the second amendment about the right to BEAR arms.

Yeah that's all good but when you are stopped going in the opposite direction what are you going to say then? If you tell them you shot already don't think they won't call the range and check to see if you were there or not. Cops aren't stupid that method has been tried over and over and most of the time the Cop will have your permit revoked just for lying to him.
    One more step and it's on!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links