WI & Who They Will Honor, NM Drops MN, NC Changes Coming, Image

This is a discussion on WI & Who They Will Honor, NM Drops MN, NC Changes Coming, Image within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like the DoJ finally backed down on their additional training requirements. About damn time. Suddenly adding a new requirement (on their own) that I, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: WI & Who They Will Honor, NM Drops MN, NC Changes Coming, Image

Looks like the DoJ finally backed down on their additional training requirements. About damn time. Suddenly adding a new requirement (on their own) that I, nor so many others, could meet for the Nov. 1st application date was rather upsetting.

2. Remove Ads

Been hoping for reciprocity with WI as I have in-laws there, but I'm still nervous about doing it! Concealed is concealed I guess...

Michigan has all ways honored all other states

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    How does Arizona get on the approved list for Wisconsin? Doesn't Arizona have constitutional carry? You don't have submit to a background check there to get a permit as I understand it. Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier but I was surprised to see them on the list.

Gary, thanks for keeping us all up to date. Good Job.
    As a Michigander (yeah I know the technical name for a person from Michigan is Michiganian, but yikes, thats just to many i's and a's) I have to apoligize to those that use non-resident permits to expand their carry territory. My only suggestion is to push your own state to allow permits as Michigan will accept any resident permit.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Looks like the DoJ finally backed down on their additional training requirements. About damn time. Suddenly adding a new requirement (on their own) that I, nor so many others, could meet for the Nov. 1st application date was rather upsetting.
    No...they didn't back down. See #5 here...essentially these added requirements make any cert you may already have useless as they will not have the extra info.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    How does Arizona get on the approved list for Wisconsin? Doesn't Arizona have constitutional carry? You don't have submit to a background check there to get a permit as I understand it. Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier but I was surprised to see them on the list.
    Yes, they do, but I am betting you will need an actual carry permit (whatever Arizona call it) to carry in another state. That is why both Alaska and Vermont issue permits upon request.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Yes, they do, but I am betting you will need an actual carry permit (whatever Arizona call it) to carry in another state. That is why both Alaska and Vermont issue permits upon request.
    Vermont does NOT issue any permits...they have to system in place. AK, AZ and WY are con-carry with the option of obtaining a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    No...they didn't back down. See #5 here...essentially these added requirements make any cert you may already have useless as they will not have the extra info.
    You only need to meet one of the requirements from 1-5 instead of one of the items of what is now called 1-4 and item 5. It's a major distinction from what was said a short time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Vermont does NOT issue any permits...they have to system in place. AK, AZ and WY are con-carry with the option of obtaining a permit.
    My apology; I thought they did for those who wanted to carry out of state.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Glad to hear that MN permits will be honored in WI. Sorry to hear about the NM issue - hoping that this will be rectified.

Thanks for the info!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Wisconsin will honor WA state CPLs

The Wisconsin Department of Justice has announced that it will recognize concealed carry permits and licenses from 25 states, and Washington’s is among them.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-wa-state-cpls

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Heard back from two more states that are looking at Wisconsin. Montana will most likely honor Wisconsin. New Mexico is looking also. I have heard more from New Mexico in the last month than I have in the last 10 years. But do believe that WI will add more states as they have not heard back from all the states on their inquiries about their laws etc. When they do hear back they will then make the decision on honoring them or not but again I think the WI list will grow.

Thank you all for the kind works about Handgunlaw.us. It is very much appreciated.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Just as I thought. WI has added Montana and Montana and Pennsylvania have added Wisconsin to their lists. I think there will be many more additions to the WI list as the states contact WI letting them know exactly what their laws state.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    Sweet. Thanks Gary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links