WI & Who They Will Honor, NM Drops MN, NC Changes Coming, Image

This is a discussion on WI & Who They Will Honor, NM Drops MN, NC Changes Coming, Image within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wisconsin will be Shall Issue on 11/1/11 and those with a permit/license from the following states can carry in Wisconsin. Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: WI & Who They Will Honor, NM Drops MN, NC Changes Coming, Image

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Wisconsin will be Shall Issue on 11/1/11 and those with a permit/license from the following states can carry in Wisconsin. Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.

WI DOJ did not allow any applications until 11/1/11 so it can be up to 45 days for the first permit/licenses to be issued. DOJ has 45 days to issue Permit/Licenses applied for in the first 30 days and after December 1 they have 21 days to issue the Permit/License.

New Mexico DPS has removed Minnesota from the list of states it honored. They told me via email that they are still checking with Minnesota. Will have to wait and see on that. NM always has been slow about updating anything on their website and seems slow at doing anything.

On 12/1/11 North Carolinaís new law goes into effect. They will honor all other states permit/licenses at that time. The new law allows carry in State Parks and removes Financial Institutions as a place off limits in the law. They have also added specific Parking Lot Possession Laws. They are very specific and you need to read the NC page at Handgunlaw.us and check the NC AGís FAQís etc for more info on their parking lot storage laws.

I am still hearing that Michigan and Maine are talking about reciprocity. Louisiana has informed me that New Mexico has contacted them. So things are looking up even though NM removed MN from their list.

I am hearing that Idaho has changed their format for their Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons. If they have Handgunlaw.us would like to have a scan of the new format. Handgunlaw.us is still looking for Images of The following: PIís Permit to Carry in Hawaii, Guam Registration Card and or Permit to Carry, Puerto Rico Permit/License or Registration Card and U.S. Virgin Islands Permit/License to Carry and/or their Registration Card. If you redact info on the Permit/License if you would Please leave at least One Capitol Letter, One Lower Case Letter, and at least one number in each line so I know the font used and the font size. A description of each line would be greatly appreciated. Like the Permit/License # is in this format AA243566 or 342565A showing the number of letters and numbers. Same with the name/Address/etc in all caps or what is in all caps etc. Back ground images on the permit/license are the hardest things to rebuild. I completely rebuild the image using my name and change all items so that no one can gather any useful information from them.

You can send emails to admins@handgunlaw.us

Thank you for any assistance you can give Handgunlaw.us on Images.
    Buckj, Mike1956, Fitch and 4 others like this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Thank you for the updates as always!

VIP Member
    Gary, you're the man at keeping us up to date!

Always appreciated!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Gary, what parking lot storage law in NC? The one for city/county parks? Technically, we already can do that so I just chuckle when they make a big deal out of it. The reason I ask is HB650 had a parking lot provision for employees, but it was struck out and did not make it. If it's the employee storage law, you are looking at an older version of HB 650.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Gary, what parking lot storage law in NC? The one for city/county parks? Technically, we already can do that so I just chuckle when they make a big deal out of it. The reason I ask is HB650 had a parking lot provision for employees, but it was struck out and did not make it. If it's the employee storage law, you are looking at an older version of HB 650.
    It's on that "special" group of properties in statute 14-269.4 that prohibits carry at
    State Capitol Building, the Executive Mansion, the Western Residence of the Governor, or on the grounds of any of these buildings
    that did not allow it on property at all. Now with a CHP you can lock it in your car on these properties after 12-1.

I got my update package for instructors today and I'm still going over it. Found one error but most of it's as the final version of 650 said.

Thank you for making the state PDF files easy to understand!

VIP Member
    Thanks again for up-to-date, reliable information, Gary. Sadly, Ohio has not entered into agreement with Wisconsin, but I will still be good there with my PA non-resident permit. Great job, as always.

Looks like the new republican administration in Wisconsin did some real good, despite what "P"MSNBC says.

I talked to Louisiana and they stated that Wisconsin had contacted them requesting info on their laws and wanting reciprocity. It may be that the states not listed have not gotten back with them yet. This is what makes the most sense to me. I believe that WI will add more states as they are contacted by the other states. I do know a few states are very slow at responding to anyone.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Thanks so much Gary. No doubt this is hard and tedious work and the gun community is grateful for your endeavors.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Is there any discussion about Michigan honoring non-resident Utah or Florida permits? Thanks.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

gaius, None. It will take a law change to do that. It is right in their laws just like CO, SC, FL and NH. I am not sure if it is in Maine's laws or not. I haven't really looked at them but they state they will only honor resident permit/licenses from the state they honor.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Thanks for your updates...I see that FL in not honored...WI will won't see any of my $$$.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

WI will honor 25 states

Wisconsin Department of Justice has updated their concealed carry frequently asked question website. It has updates on the training requirements and they will honor the following states permits.

Visit this site for the updated information.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf

Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Washington
    Wyoming
    Puerto Rico
    U.S. Virgin Islands
    Licensees from any of the listed states will be recognized in Wisconsin as an out-of-state licensee per Sec. 175.60 (1)(g) Wis. Stats. This was determined based on the statutory requirement in s. 165.25 (12) that the listed state requires, or designates that the holder chose to submit, to a background search that is comparable to Wisconsinís background check in s. 175.60 (1)(ac). Wisconsinís background check includes only two components (1) A criminal history record search; (2) A search of the national instant criminal background check system (NICS). If another states background check meets the same requirements a Wisconsin resident must meet, the DOJ has recognized that state. The DOJ has tried to be as inclusive as possible and will periodically check and update the list if other states can be added. This list is current as of 10/18/11.

VIP Member
    Good update. THX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links