Took my Wisconsin Concealed Carry Weapon class tonight!

This is a discussion on Took my Wisconsin Concealed Carry Weapon class tonight! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tonight I took my Wisconsin Concealed Carry Class at the Deerfield Pistol and Archery Center in Deerfield, WI. It was a very informative class taught ...

Thread: Took my Wisconsin Concealed Carry Weapon class tonight!

Took my Wisconsin Concealed Carry Weapon class tonight!

Tonight I took my Wisconsin Concealed Carry Class at the Deerfield Pistol and Archery Center in Deerfield, WI. It was a very informative class taught by very experienced instructors. The primary instructor was John and he been an NRA firearms instructor for 10+ yrs. There were also 2 LEO's that addressed some legal aspects, what they would like to see at traffic stops and proper shooting techniques. There was approx. 3 hours of classroom work/questions and an hour available for range time. They separated the large group into smaller groups based on experience. There was several people who had never shot a gun before and they took the time to make sure the newbies knew how to handle the gun and offered some time on there "electronic range" similar to the new Gander ranges. For anyone in the Madison area I highly recommend checking out the classes presented by these instructors. Cost was $75 which I thought was reasonable. They also offer more advanced defensive pistol skills and have more information on their website www.deerfieldpistol.com

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Good deal, can't wait to carry across the bridge when heading to the in-laws this Christmas.

Congrats on jumping into this class...continue on to the Advanced Defensive Pistol Class, it will help.
    Your CCW rights are just around the corner.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sounds like a good class. Happy to see WI join the rest of the 2A States!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congrats, I am happy for the law abiding firearm owners of Wisconsin.

Way to go Wisconsin! Now when I travel in your state I don't have to lock the gun up or switch to open carry!

CANT (Carry Always Never Tell)

Now that we have Illinois surrounded we should start to squeeze the pin head politicians there until they get with the rest of the nation!

Good job,next time I visit my daughter in Nebraska,I will be tempted to head up thru Iowa into wisconsin and buy some cheese,then head south and visit my relatives on the IA MO border,the trip will take me thru states I can legally carry in,IA and WI were the only states in the Midwest that were excluded on my TX CHL until recently
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well done, congratulations, and thank you for the highly informative write-up.

Links