What is alcohol?

This is a discussion on What is alcohol? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ep1953 Relax Mac, my wife, cousin Cindy, agrees that sis is hot. She also agrees that sis is a good kisser! How ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: What is alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Relax Mac, my wife, cousin Cindy, agrees that sis is hot. She also agrees that sis is a good kisser!
    How do you expect me to relax after that? You wife agrees your sister is a good kisser?

OK, I wanna hear more......

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Well, i sure would like to provide more detail, but as you said this IS a G rated forum.

Sooooo, I reckon me and sis and cousin Cindy (the wife) will just let it lay right there.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Back to the topic and I apologize if it has been said, but it is not a question of what is alcohol or whether it is in Listerine or whatever, it comes down to "intoxicated" and, IMO, should be 08 limit akin to driving a car (another lethal weapon). If you were garggling your Listerine or had downed a no or low alcohol beer, there is almost no reason for anyone do ask you to submit to any kind of alcohol-related test so the whole point is moot. Just sayin. Pardon me while i finish my morning martini.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.

With all your help and finding the ABC website, I guess my question is answered. Less than .5% Beer is CC handgun non-alcoholic so I can have one when out and about in VA. And, as long as it's only one or two, no risk of being impaired/intoxicated and losing my CHP.

Thanks all for the serious input.
    (But, I am a little disappointed in the manner this discussion turned off topic.)
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    (But, I am a little disappointed in the manner this discussion turned off topic.)
    Life is full of dissapointments. Drinking anything that even looks like beer is a bad idea. Avoid the appearance of breaking the laws. Seems like you are looking for a loop hole in the system to me. No alcohol means NO alcohol. Can you get away with it if stopped? Maybe. But if a LEO stops you and smells beer on your breath, good luck explaining it was just "non alcoholic", yea, like they haven't heard that before by every intoxicated person they come into contact with.

Have fun OC'ing when they revoke your CC permit for pushing your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Life is full of dissapointments. Drinking anything that even looks like beer is a bad idea. Avoid the appearance of breaking the laws. Seems like you are looking for a loop hole in the system to me. No alcohol means NO alcohol.
    I was here enjoying the threadjack and saw this. I'm not sure about your point. If the OP is carrying concealed effectively, no one should know or care that they are armed. If they are legally in an establishment that serves NA beer and down a couple, that's not the same as consuming real beer. The issue has nothing to do with appearances, only with whether or not they are intoxicated if they need their weapon for self defense.

If they need to defend themself in the restaurant, perhaps someone would say, "I think I saw that person drinking beer!" A waiter would easily confirm it was NA beer, and a breathlyzer would not register it as .05% is simply not enough alcohol in your system for that technology to recognize accurately.

I many states, I can legally consume alcohol as long as I openly carry. I personally don't, but I don't have a problem with it.

The more I carry, the more I see the legislative restrictions as nitpicking nanny-state foolishness. I like to go out to the pub on occasion, and I will leave my gun at home. I have never seen a fight or even a shouting match in decades. Of course, I choose my establishments with some care.
    Last edited by MadMac; October 28th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.

I thought I read someplace a long time ago that most soft-drinks even contain some amount of alcohol. With Sprite I believe being the closest at just under .05%

It may have been an urban legend but definitely worth considering for those who say Non-alcoholic beer is a violation of the law. Personally I feel that every NA beer I've tried is swill so it is a non-issue for me but still....

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I always find the plain English to be helpful in deciphering laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I many states, I can legally consume alcohol as long as I openly carry. I personally don't, but I don't have a problem with it.
    I do. Nothing good ever comes from alcohol consumption. Studies have shown even 1 beer can affect a person's ability to drive. Guns and alcohol don't mix any better than cars and alcohol do. I guess I just think if you are going to have the ability to kill someone strapped to your hip, you ought to go through every possible precaution to not do something stupid.

We can agree to disagree on this one.

5%, 1%, .05%... if it's in there, it counts.

Carry or drink, pick one... period.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links