Hold Times on Handgun Purchases - Page 2

Hold Times on Handgun Purchases

This is a discussion on Hold Times on Handgun Purchases within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is your name something common who is the gun shop (feel free to PM me if you don't want to mention publicly, and please don't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is your name something common who is the gun shop (feel free to PM me if you don't want to mention publicly, and please don't say Don's guns in Indy)? If you have a common name it's typical to get the 3 day hold, or during the a busy gun show weekend it can happen if they're backed up running checks. If you have a common name you can get an ID number to help speed things up. I'm assuming you have your LTCH and can actually pass the check problem free. the only other advice I'd have is stop going to IL where there's the 72 hour wait on a handgun. For what it's worth comparing it too, it took 15minutes to get my check done on Friday last week and much of that was because the phone lines were tied up helping another customer get a part number for something else.

Glock Certified Armorer

Well I am still not sure WTH is up but this is the way the transaction ended up. The arms dealer who was holding the gun waiting for approval hours of operation are listed 5-9pm. This is when is able to be home and when he listed his business hours to the Gov. SO he calls last night and leaves a message on my phone at 9pm stating the Gov. called him 10 minutes prior stating he can proceed! I called and spoke to him today reiterating what happened. The gun was able to be transferred on 10/27/11 anyway... I said for the Gov. to call you minutes before you close to say proceed is a waste of time!!! Why not just save the dime, energy, and effort?!?!? Anyway, I met with him today and finished out the transaction. I also told what I shared on this forum in my previous post about the other dealer calling back within 30-40 minute to follow up and get a proceed after having been issued a delay. His eyes were wide open and he stated that he had no idea you could do that! He said it seemed that he was always talking to old stuffy Gov. People and never thought to call back. I told how the other dealer spoke to the Gov. when on the phone providing the needed info such as stating "the person had beautiful green eyes", and "just a tiny little thing weighing only 110 pounds". It was comical! A joke really as I was laughing overhearing the call. I told him if you look at the big picture while the check is something to be taken serious the phone process is a joke and perhaps he would benefit in lightening up when calling... relax! Think about it... they call you 10 minutes before the delay is to expire!?!?!? Give me a break!!! Now to the good stuff... The LC9 is a nice little gunbut man was it loaded up with oil!!! I had to wipe off the excess! Next thing is to the store to get another clip and figure out exactly how I want to carry this gun with a new holster. Then it is off to the range to break it in and get use to the weapon. Did I mention I think I am going to like this gun!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links