Driving through TENN...

Driving through TENN...

This is a discussion on Driving through TENN... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey guys i am driving from kentucky to georgia today which means i am going through TENN, now i know kentucky and georgia's laws but ...

Thread: Driving through TENN...

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

Driving through TENN...

hey guys i am driving from kentucky to georgia today which means i am going through TENN, now i know kentucky and georgia's laws but what about TENN, can i leave it loaded or does it have to be gun seperate from ammo.. i have read both not sure which is true HELP FAST PLEASE

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003
    hey guys i am driving from kentucky to georgia today which means i am going through TENN, now i know kentucky and georgia's laws but what about TENN, can i leave it loaded or does it have to be gun seperate from ammo.. i have read both not sure which is true HELP FAST PLEASE
    According to packing.org, in TN if you have no permit (and from the way you posed your question it looks like you don't), then you must store your handgun and ammo separately with the ammunition or magazine out of reach, and the handgun unloaded.

Get your CCW if you can. Both TN and GA honor the Kentucky permit.

ya sorry i have my permit i forgot to add that, i just got it yesterday and have to drive to georgia today so i just wanted to check, so if i have it i can leave it loaded and concealed??

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003
    ya sorry i have my permit i forgot to add that, i just got it yesterday and have to drive to georgia today so i just wanted to check, so if i have it i can leave it loaded and concealed??
    If you have your permit, you are good to go!
    Both TN and GA. Yes, loaded and concealed (and in TN, I believe you can even carry it openly, but that is a whole other issue).

In TN you can carry open but it is highly discouraged. Why court trouble unnecessairly. Cover up and go concealed, it is like Excedrin... concealed eliminates headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief
    In TN you can carry open but it is highly discouraged. Why court trouble unnecessairly. Cover up and go concealed, it is like Excedrin... concealed eliminates headaches.
    +1 Yes it is leagal to open carry but highly discouraged

Hate say this, but if you don't have a ccw leave it (pistola) home. Instead carry a good knife and spray, and immediately work on getting your CCW. It is just too many variables to carry when you don't CCW. Picture, this hold on bad guy why I load my pistol. The CCW will be the best investment you can make.

P.S., not to insult your intelligence, but just because you have a basic license to carry does not mean it's CCW. I know a guy who was doing this until I corrected him. A friend.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

My family and I just returned from Gatlinburg, TN on vacation. We travelled from NC all across the state. It was my first time carrying out of state. Everything went according to plan. I used an IWB holster part of the time and a fanny pack the rest of the time. I paid particular attention to the rules about carrying when you have paid for admission, where alchohol was sold, etc. I can truely say that I have never felt safer in my life. Also, my wife was very supportive. I think she feels safer also. Safe carrying to everyone!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    Hate say this, but if you don't have a ccw leave it (pistola) home. Instead carry a good knife and spray, and immediately work on getting your CCW. It is just too many variables to carry when you don't CCW. Picture, this hold on bad guy why I load my pistol. The CCW will be the best investment you can make.

P.S., not to insult your intelligence, but just because you have a basic license to carry does not mean it's CCW. I know a guy who was doing this until I corrected him. A friend.
    is there an actual permit to carry that is not a CCW?? i have my ccw through KY and i was just wondering the laws for driving though TENN and Georgia in it??

TN honors KY permit. TN issues a Handgun Carry Permit, open or concealed. Maybe this might help.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/..

damn you got to love tennessee!!

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    AS stated above you're good to go...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by hurst1911a1 View Post
    damn you got to love tennessee!!
    Of all the states that touch mine, it's probably my favorite for gun laws. Almost as good as ours.

Yo, dimmak

I attended a security conference a couple months ago. One of the speakers referenced your tagline repeatedly "be liquid as water."

Sponsored Links